SORT BY Relevancy
Swimming offers something no other aerobic exercise does: the ability to work your body without harsh impact to your skeletal system. When the human body is submerged in water, it automatically becomes lighter. When immersed to the waist, your body bears just 50 percent of its weight; dunk yourself to the chest and that number reduces to around 25 to 35 percent; with water all the way to the neck, you only have to bear 10 percent of your own weight. The other 90 percent is handled by the pool.
This means that the pool provides an ideal place to work stiff muscles and sore joints, especially if you're overweight or suffer from arthritis.
Smooches! Diva Dive this March as we kickoff our theme : Smooches Swimming with Women! Last year we #smooched some of the best known authors, poets, entrepreneurs, and musicians impacting today's global network. Tonight #smooch Author ROCHELE JONES to learn more about the inspiration of her latest book "Connecting the Pieces of YOUR Puzzle" a follow-up piece to her first award-ready "Pieces of ME". Rochele will bring you back to your PURPOSE, help you
Life Coach Ade is flying solo for "Swimming Through the Deep End of Life."
A lot of people feel like they have been dropped in the deep end of the ocean without any safety gear or knowledge of how to swim. Life can feel that way sometimes and we can get caught up thinking about our lack of skills and safety equipment to manage the feeling of metaphorically drowning.
However, it is also important to remember that we are buoyant and full of talents to be each other’s life boats. Life Coach Ade will remind you that you can ride the waves. You can breathe. And if all else fails, you can float until you catch the rhythm of the stroke.
Join Life Coach Ade for a conversation that will awaken the strength inside of you to navigate the deep waters.
Call in 347 426 3346 or post your questions on "Ask Life Coach Ade Radio Show" fan (LIKE) page on Facebook.
Also, don't miss Celestial Moment with Celeste Morgan. She offers the energy of the day!
This show will shift your consciousness. Empower you to create a space and a place for inspiration, transformation and healing.
For more information about Life Conversations Radio visit www.LifeConversationsMedia.com
Stephen McCarthy of The McCarthy Project will be talking about developing a joy of the game in young athletes. He will be covering the current events in the world of fitness. Coach Kelly Kremer of the University of Minnesota Swimming and Diving team will be joining Stephen McCarthy to discuss his views on developing young swimmers from age-group to the Olympics. For more information, visit The McCarthy Project.
Today on the BeachLifestyle Radio Show, Host Neil Haley The Total Tutor will interview Swimming Great-Wendy Bogliloli! Olympian, healthy aging advocate, speaker, financial planning expert, trainer, businesswoman and family woman. In every role, Wendy lives her life with joy, passion and commitment. That winning combination led Wendy to the sporting world’s ultimate achievement – the Olympic Gold Medal in the 1976 Games. After earning bronze in the 100M Butterfly, Wendy and her rel
Lynne Cox has held open-water swimming records all over the world, for among others, the fastest crossing of the English Channel (at age 15), the Santa Catalina Channel, the twelve-mile Oresund between Denmark and Sweden, and the Kattegut between Norway to Sweden. Cox was the first woman to swim across the Cook Strait in New Zealand, the first to swim across the Strait of Magellan, the Beagle Channel between Argentina and Chile, Lake Baikal in Russia, and around the Cape of Good Hope. In her l
A new historical novel from Pamela Schoenewaldt, the USA Today bestselling author of When We Were Strangers. Italy, 1905. Fourteen-year-old Lucia and her young mother, Teresa, are servants in a magnificent villa on the Bay of Naples, where Teresa soothes their unhappy mistress with song. But volatile tempers force them to flee, exchanging their warm, gilded cage for the cold winds off Lake Erie and Cleveland's restless immigrant quarters. With a voice as soaring and varied a
The Twelve Days of Christmas is probably the most misunderstood part of the church year among Christians who are not familiar wtih liturgical church traditions. Contrary to popular belief, the 12 Days of Christmas are not the twelve days before Christmas, but are in fact the twelve days after. Counting from Christmas until the beginning of Epiphany (January 6th; the 12 days count from December 25th until January 5th). Join us as we explain the twelve days of Christmas using the fam