SORT BY Relevancy
If the internet connection holds up, I'll be broadcasting live from New Orleans at the site of the Annual Spring Conference of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (stfm.org). My guest is scheduled to be Dr. Mark Ryan who is a Family Physician from Richmond, VA and is also on the Advisory Board of the Mayo Clinic Center of Health Care Social Media. Our topics include the newly started Family Medicine twitter chat called #FamMedChat.
After greeting and commenting on the new issue of Family Medicine from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM), Dr Jonas introduces Nicholas Hirth, MSIII at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine.
Nick speaks of his background including undergraduate studies at Ohio State and home town of Grove City, OH. He discusses the WSU strengths and some aspects of the curriculum. He reflects on the satisfaction he has interacting with patients and the emphasis WSU put on the patient-physician relationship from the start of medical school.
He mentions his desire to stay in Ohio for training in a Primary Care specialty and future practice (Ohio is blessed to have such a knowledgable and dedicated future physician- a tribute to the wisdom of the WSU BSM admissions committee).
Nick mentioned his Family Physician father who practices in Grove City and differences in the training then and now in medical school. He also comments about how distant a lot of the health policy and healthcare funding issues seem to be from third year medical student activities. The medical school offers many organizations to help students connect to the breadth of the medical profession.
Interview with Larry Bauer, MSW, MEd a Family Medicine educator and thought leader. Mr Bauer will discuss his career, the Family Medicine Education Consortium, Inc and its upoming meeting in Hershey, PA., and innovation in family medicine and training of family physicians. What causes hundreds of medical students to attend the FMEC meeting year after year. What causes residents and faculty to continue to value the FMEC in numerous ways. During this time of massive change in health care, Mr Bauer has a vision of what is and what might be. Discussion will include comments about the historical voices in Family Medicine such as Tom Leaman, MD and Nick Zirvanos, MD that Mr Bauer has used to remain continuously aware. Larry has influenced the careers of thousands of physicians and faculty, which we'll also discuss.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (43 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (33 chatters)
- FreedomTalkRadio1 (14 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (10 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (9 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (8 chatters)
- The Pet Psychic (7 chatters)
- Chicken Whisperer (5 chatters)
- Dr Loren and Seer Arjeana (4 chatters)
- EZWAYBROADCASTING (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- Bread Winning Moms with Chloe (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Talk (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (1 chatters)
- Jennifer Lynch (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- 64667 (1 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (1 chatters)