SORT BY Relevancy
Tune in for more on Coalinga State Hospital's most newsworthy information.
GIVE BACK: Support the grassroots efforts of Coalinga State Hospital News. Using Paypal, donate to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
The U.S. Department of State Office of Acquisition Management (AQMMA) office in Arlington, VA is one of the tops in purchase order spending with $63 million in goods and services procured through PO's this year.
The Office of Acquisitions Management provides acquisition planning, contract negotiations, cost and price analysis, and contract administration for domestic bureaus and overseas posts and are responsible for managing procurements for construction, IT, law enforcement, counternarcotics, furniture and more.
Enought Small Talk! Is Your Company Getting PO'd? is the series that tells you what happens when federal agencies leverage purchase orders and special acquisition rules to procure billions of dollars in supplies and services.
Hosted by Guy Timberlake, Co-Founder of The American Small Business Coalition, LLC
Copyright 2013. The American Small Business Coalition, LLC
Men residing at the infamous institution speak out regarding retaliation, abuse and neglect. Why is the patient population of Coalinga State Hospital being treated so horrifically? Could it be that there is no "watchdog" overseeing the institution, as there is for prisons and other patients--those who are deemed mentally ill? Why isn't there a specific policy spelled out for the "SVP" population, as there is for people in prison (Title 15)? Why does it seem that the few "bad apples," whether staff or officers, are not fired--but in many cases, promoted? Why does a facility like this one have an astronomical budget (spending over $3 billion in California taxpayer dollars since the infamous institution opened its doors), yet very little media/public information released? Is it possible--do CSH employees really not have to pass the same psychiatric exam that CDCR employees do?
CSH News explores these important issues and more...
NOTE: This episode was rescheduled from last Thursday.
Hear from witnesses to the seclusion and restraint of a Coalinga State Hospital patient, Riccardo King, who was forcibly medicated and tied down to a bed for a few weeks. The man was unable to understand commands, yet was being verbally and physically abused. Another sad story of abuse/neglect at CSH is presented.
Then, hear from a man who successfully exited CSH in 2012, when his "SVP" case was dropped in Los Angeles County court. Clem reports in and discusses his life now, in Texas.
Join us as CSH News moves to Thursday...
On this episode, we'll discuss how family emergencies impact men residing at Coalinga State Hospital. Are they able to get 'Emergency Leave' to visit a parent, sibling, child or spouse who's near death? Can they make arrangements when their loved ones die? Hear about the unjust ways that patients are further abused when faced with a family crisis.
Even men in prison can apply for/be granted leave under these circumstances... why aren't there any provisions for people who are under a civil commitment, which is supposed to be a less restrictive environment? Why do these men have such a difficult time even getting information back/forth during an emergency?
Join CSH News Executive Producer/Host Callie Grace and our guests as we discuss this emotionally-charged issue.
GIVE BACK: Support the grassroots efforts of Coalinga State Hospital News. Using Paypal.com, donate to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
GOT A SHOW IDEA? Contact CSH News using the email link at the top of our home page.
This vitally important show is a continuation of last night's SPECIAL REPORT on the life & untimely death of Coalinga State Hospital (CSH) resident Isidro "Cedro" Zavala Torres--simply Cedro Zavala to fellow CSH residents.
According to witnesses, Cedro Zavala--who was a wheelchair-dependant Mentally Disordered Offender--was violently attacked by approximately 10 CSH Staff/Department of Police Services (DPS) Officers on June 24. The incident began when Zavala refused to go to a medical appointment. Then, after he was forcibly removed him from his wheelchair & thrown to the ground, an aggressive officer allegedly stood on Zavala's neck w/ his heavy steel-toed boot.
Witnesses theorize Zavala's larynx was crushed by this blow. As he gasped for air, officers launched him back into his chair, threw a towel over his face & rushed him away. Isidro Zavala Torres, 30, died a short time later.
Sadly, this is one very serious incident in a long history of violence/intimidation against patients. CSH News has heard too many horror stories--the nightmare must end. No more statements from CSH Director Audry King saying this/that is a "serious issue," then doing nothing about it. CSH must pay for their crimes against the elderly & infirmed. It's time California's "Money Pit" stopped wasting billions in taxpayer money locking up men who've finished their prison terms. It's time everyone involved stood before CA taxpayers--and a jury of their peers--to be held accountable for what they've done.
Listeners, tune in as we discuss horrifying patient abuse/elder abuse that's been swept under the rug - until now..
Tune in for important information and breaking news from within the walls of California's first and only hospital for what the state refers to as "forensically committed" individuals: Coalinga State Hospital. That's right, these men have already completed their full prison sentences, yet they aren't being allowed to reintegrate into society. Learn more about the fraud, waste and abuse that is CSH.
On this episode, we'll hear from foriegn nationals who've been detained in the U.S. instead of being sent home. Why are we paying for "treatment" of undocumented men who desperately want to return to their home countries? Why spend $240,000 on average per year for their stay at CSH? We'll also hear an update from the "Justice For All" Conference to Reform Sex Offender Laws, which was held August 29-September 1, 2013 in Los Angeles. Encouraging news and information from the people fighting for the civil rights of the involuntarily committed... See www.rsolconference.org, www.rsol.org and the California RSOL www.californiarsol.org.
NOTE: DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES (thanks BlogTalkRadio), THIS EPISODE IS BEING EDITED AND WILL BE REPOSTED LATER THIS WEEK. YOU MAY WANT TO RETURN FOR A BETTER COPY--SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
GIVE BACK: Support CSH News--donate via Paypal to CoalingaNews@gmail.com.
This special episode covers the life & untimely death of Coalinga State Hospital resident Isidro "Cedro" Zavala Torres. This man, known by CSH residents as Cedro Zavala, was classified as an MDO or Mentally Disordered Offender. This means, in addition to a crime for which he likely served a prison term, Zavala was diagnosed w/ a serious mental illness.
According to witnesses, Cedro Zavala was violently attacked by approximately 10 CSH staff/Department of Police Services (DPS) Officers at the facility between 12-1pm on June 24, 2013. The incident began when Zavala, who is wheelchair-dependent, refused to go to a medical appointment. Then, the staff/DPS swarmed.
Zavala resisted the take down--efforts to forcibly remove him from his wheelchair & throw him to the ground. Apparently, Zavala tried to stop the overzealous/unneccesary attack by spitting at them. While his actions cannot be condoned, this must've been a scary situation for a newer CSH resident w/ serious physical & emotional concerns. His efforts backfired--the situation escalated.
Once on the ground, the most aggressive officer allegedly stood on the man's neck w/ his heavy steel-toed boot. Witnesses theorize Zavala's larynx was crushed by the blow. As he gasped for air, officers flung him back in his chair, threw a towel over his face & rushed him away. Isidro Zavala Torres, 30, was died a short time later.
Shockingly, the officer suspected of causing Zavala's death wasn't suspended. Later that day, he told concerned residents Zavala had died of a drug overdose. Worse yet, mainstream media have not addressed this serious incident to date.
Listen to this important show & tune in Monday for more on abuses at CSH which were swept under the rug - until now.
NOTE: Use the email link above if you have related information to share.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (312 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (38 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (36 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (28 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (27 chatters)
- Love Productions (24 chatters)
- The Audible (18 chatters)
- RHeart (16 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (13 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (12 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (11 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (11 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (10 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (9 chatters)
- The View from Montana (8 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Tinfoil Radio Network (6 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (6 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (6 chatters)
- bapnation (6 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (5 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- SirTemplar (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (5 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (4 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (4 chatters)
- johncinque (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (4 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- David Fournier (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (2 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (2 chatters)
- Wild World (2 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (2 chatters)
- Living Aligned Radio (2 chatters)
- Ninja Scroll (2 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (2 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Dating After Dark (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- Howling Wolfs Raido (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Janie Deadwyler (1 chatters)
- poorbiker (1 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ProphetCain (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Star Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- VOICE OF REASON at FMSM (1 chatters)
- Voices United Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- PASTOR T SANCHEZ (0 chatters)