SORT BY Relevancy
This week, Alan Riding discusses two new books about Shakespeare’s women characters and his personal life; Parul Sehgal and John Williams have news from the literary world; Michelle Orange talks about five new essay collections; and Gregory Cowles has best-seller news. Pamela Paul is the host.
This week, Barbara Ehrenreich discusses “Rise of the Robots” and “Shadow Work”; Alexandra Alter has news from the publishing world; Andrew Solomon talks about Oliver Sacks’s new memoir, “On the Move”; and Gregory Cowles has best-seller news. Pamela Paul is the host.
CMC Radio Presents: Amity Buxton of the Straight Spouse Network - Part 6
Sit down with guest host, Harmony Kent, as she talks with author Joy Nwosu Lo-Bamijoko to discuss Joy's book, Mirror of Our Lives. Four Nigerian women share the compelling tales of their troubled lives. Meet Nidje, pregnant, stuck with a cheating husband, trapped by her culture, and desperate to prove her marriage wasn’t a mistake. Then there is Miss Nelly, her life destroyed by a jealous man, with no defence in a country where a woman has no voice, and can be subjected to any level of dehumanisation. Next we see Nneka, who had a blissful marriage until her husband abandoned her and took her daughter. She goes to the US to track him down, and arrives alone, confused, and lost—she has never been outside of Africa until now. Lastly, we meet Oby, who is trapped in an arranged marriage, and beaten by her husband regularly. The tales in Mirror of Our Lives: Voices of Four Igbo Women will inspire women around the world to never give up, to discover a sense of worth, and most of all, to learn to love themselves above everyone else. Joy is a VIP member of Rave Reviews Book Club, as well as a supportive and active member of this very supportive Book Club. To find out more about Joy and her books, please visit http://jinlobify.com.
This segment of BUY THE BOOK is being sponsored by talented author Michelle Abbott, author of JEM.
If you'd like to know how you can get your own LIVE commercial read on one of our shows, please visit RAVEREVIEWSBYNONNIEJULES.WORDPRESS.COM and click the RAVE WAVES tab!
Join host Dave Etter and various callers as the MenSpouses discuss past MSA events they have attended. You will laugh, cry, get angry, maybe even call in and give your two cents worth! (516) 453-9167.
MMSRS is a weekly 2-hour web-based radio show, hosted by Dave Etter, focusing on the needs of men married to serving military members, both men and women. Male Military Spouses are a small niche of military spouses, comprising of only 7%-8% of all military spouses. We feel left out, usually, at support functions - especially those designed with the spouses being identified as "wives"! We get cajoled at playgrounds where our kids play, from the mommies there who think we don't belong. We are proud SAHDs, who gave up our careers to follow our spouses as they dedicate thier lives to defend our country! Here, on this show, we come together and share beer recipes, diaper changing techniques, financial discoveries - manly things, for men! Airs Fridays at Noon CT, rated R for the cussing that can occur, and available for download (podcast) immediately following each show.
This week, Tom Perrotta discusses Kate Atkinson’s “A God in Ruins”; Alexandra Alter has news from the publishing world; Ruth Franklin talks about Shirley Jackson; and Gregory Cowles has best-seller news. Pamela Paul is the host.
Join Host Live Chats
- Monster X Radio1 (21 chatters)
- John Baptist (9 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (9 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (2 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- The KBK Internet Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)