SORT BY Relevancy
Join the LIVE Conversation
HWTP Sports Talk Radio is a local sports talk radio show out of New Yorks!
The show, a round-table discussion format, will air live every Wednesday evening from 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm. It will be a place where sports fans can voice their opinions on current and topical sports issues in and around sports. Special guests join the discussion each week and answer your questions live on air.
Our first guest, Bill Gutman, is a longtime sports writer and biographer who is now writing a series of historical crime novels set in the New York City of the 1920's, The Mike Fargo Mysteries... Yankee Legend Babe Ruth is a murder suspect! A must read! You can purchase the book series at Amazon.
ga('create', 'UA-51754863-1', 'blogtalkradio.com');
Tonight on the show we will begin things off by talking about the latest NFL suspensions, Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker has been suspended 4 games for using amphetamines, we'll give our thoughts on the suspension and look forawrd with the Broncos that will play the beginning season without him. Also, it is official, Michael Sam has signed with the Dallas cowboys to the Cowboys pratice squad.
We will also look ahead to the first game of the 2014 NFL regular season between the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks. We will give our week 1 NFL picks to let you know who we think will start this year 1-0 and 0-1. Looking at all games, team by team and with full good opinions.
We will also be joined with NFL writer from Yahoo Sports Frank Schwab to get his thoughts on some of the big stories in the NFL for this week.
We will take your calls at 646-478-5337 and read your tweets via twitter to @Sonnycruise1 and @rmdest.
TONIGHT 9PM- We are UP CLOSE & PERSONAL WITH SPORTS WRITER, JAMAAR HAWKINS! Mr. Hawkins is the newest Sports Writer @The Pilot in Norfolk, Virginia. He will stop pass to discuss his role, responsibilities, how he landed the gig and what you should do to achieve your personal goals. Dial 917.889.3926 to comment or ask questions LIVE. Plus, Toya will bring you some FINANCIAL Peace LIVE from Delaware. REAL TALK. REAL PEOPLE. REAL TIMES. We are TM HYMAN RADIO LIVE.
It seems as though the respit from reality that is sports has been overrun with poitics, noise and misbehaving. But The Sports Narrative Radio Show will soldier on and face these issues with a mix of sobriety and humor. On this episode:
- Hour 1 of the show is always centered anround football so we start in college football including blowing the coin flip, the worst coach in the SEC and more!
- Transitioning to the NFL, topics include TIMEOUT, Cowboys good or Locker terrible, my NFL conspiracy theory and more
- Be sure to tune into to segment 3 as we bring back Sports NPR Style, this week discussing the politics in the sports world, from domestic violence to child abuse to racism and more. Has this ruined sports for you? Is this reflective for society or isolated? We also welcome your thoughts at (347) 308-8637
- Deep philosophical discussion should always be followed by the silliness we find at Mick's Pub. This week, Mick's Dr Who recap, thoughts on cars (probably) and the award-winning Ride The Lightning
- Baseball is reaching the home stretch with the A's barely hanging on, the O's clinching and the Rangers battlng for the #1 pick. Mr Feltman and Dustin lead the segment
- We finish up with news and notes including hockey on the horizon, Fedex cashing in, EPL and UEFA updates and whatecer else we have time to squeeze in
So keep your ears listening, tell 4 friends and tune all your devices to The Sports Narrative Radio Show LIVE Wed Sept 17th from 830p-1030p CDT or anytime after on Itunes/podcasts or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Sunny Frazier trained as a journalist and wrote for a city newspaper, military and law enforcement publications. After working 17 years with the Fresno Sheriff's Department, 11 spent as Girl Friday with an undercover narcotics team, it dawned on her that mystery writing was her real calling. Both “Fools Rush In” and “Where Angels Fear” are based on actual cases with a bit of astrology, a habit Frazier has developed over the past 42 years. To learn more, go to http://www.sunnyfrazier.com
As this Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, we will share a few of our favorite segments from past shows. This show is pre-recorded, so we will not be available to take callers.
From Jeff and Howard at The Lone Writer, and everyone at Vigilante Publishing Group LLC,
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day
The focus of the show is coverage of the Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, and University of Maryland Terrapins.
7:20 Paul Sporer, Baseball Prospectus / Paint The Black
7:40 Matt Brown, Sports on Earth
8:20 Mike Tanier, Bleacher Report - NFL National Lead Writer
8:40 Jason Collette, FanGraphs
Get connected to The Boston Sports Connection powered by CLNS Radio!
The New England Patriots season has ended unceremoniously as they lost to the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship game, 26-16. Host Sean Bakke will break down the game and give his feedback on where the Pats went wrong. Also, who should they target in free agency and through the draft for next year?
Jonathan Wagner, Knicks contributor for Yahoo Sports as well as NY Sports Day and the co-host of The NY Sports Geek internet radio show will join Sean to talk some NBA hoops, particularly the Atlantic Division.
Is Danny Ainge trying to make a big splash at the trade deadline? Who is next on the Celtics to be on the trading block?
Want to talk Pats, Celtics or any other Boston Sports? Here's your chance - call 347-215-7771 starting at 7:30 pm EST on CLNS Radio!
Welcome to October, my favorite month on the sports calendar! And The Sports Narrative Radio Show is jam packed and ready to roll! On this episode:
- We start with a new segment of sports rants that might be sponsored by a certain famous fellow sports podcaster!
- We dive headlong into the NFL week that was including Dustin's Disgusting Dallas Dancing, Sabotaging Rex, Brady is done (or not) and more
- Working backwards, we transition to our Saturday pasttime of College Football including the Aggies and FSU escape, Mack is back (maybe) and a slate of games ahead to lock the door for!
- This is the time when we saunter up to Mick's Pub and let him talk to us about cars, Dr Who or whatever else is on his mind
- We have reached the postseason in baseball with one play-in game down and one happening during the show. Dustin and Feltman take you inside the dugout and preview our baseball special on Thurs night
- Finishing up is News and Notes including the start of hockey, the start of preseason hoops, Ryder Cup and EPL fail and more
So give us a listen, go tell your friends and, heck, go tell your enemies too! LIVE Wed Oct 1st from 8:30p-10:30p CDT or anytime after on Itunes or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Lance Scurv (0 chatters)