SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode, we discuss how a socialist economic system could move us beyond a minimum wage economic system to a living wage economic system. We highlight the history of the minimum wage and the inherent contradictions with this form of wage slavery.
Be sure to check our prior shows to about how we define socialism and why we think it's a better economic system, and how it can benefit all of humanity.
This is our premiere show in which we, the show hosts, Bakari and Carl, instroduce ourselves and talk about why we started Socialist Visions, and more importantly why you should listen and participate in the show.
For the first few months, the Socialist Visions podcast will be a b-iweekly podcast (aired live on Sundays) in which we discuss why we think socialism can vastly improve the living conditions of all people on the planet, and why it's important to discuss and debate the objectives of a scientific socialist economic model. In upcoming shows, we will provide you a better understanding of socialism, and address the misconceptions about what the system is and is not about.
We invite you to call in with your questions, or write give us feedback at email@example.com.
In this episode, we propose a vision for how the politics and economics of socialism could work. While it's impossible to know exactly how socialism will develop until the conditions are met for a politcal and economic transformation, we explain why and how it could possibly occur and what would be the benefits. Tune in, listen, and call in with your quesitons.
In this episode, we dicuss why it's important for people to get involved in the political process especially on the local level, and how such involvement can ultimately help bring about socialism. In part of our discussion, we will talk about socialist city council woman Kshama Sawant in Seattle as an example of what local political involement means.
In this episode, we continue to discuss why reform strategies (electorial politics and local engagement) and socialist revolution are essentail for chaning the conditions of poor communities in this country and throughout the world. We examine why poor, working class African communities like Ferguson are hit hard by racism, police brutatlity, high unemployment, and poor education, and what needs to be done.
In this episode we discuss how we all could work less and be more productive under a technologically driven socialist economy and society. Today there are over 7 billion people on the planet, but yet the majority of us work just as hard and as long as we were working a hundred years ago. While technology has automated many of the jobs and tasks people used to perform, technlogical unemployement under capitalism has lead to more unemployment, lower pay, and more work hours—that is, except for the rich elite. So listen in, and let's talk about work and leisure under socialism.
'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'Steven Katz is Stewart's guest. Steven is the State Chair of the New York Socialist Party USA.He will join the program to discuss:Left Unity, Is It Possible?We will also discuss why a growing number of young people are now having a favorable view of socialism.Feel free to call in w/ queries or comments!
A week after the People’s Climate March in NYC, we discuss the impact of the growing environmentalism movement, how capitalism is destroying the environment, and how a real socialist transformation must be a system that works for both the people and the planet. We must seize the momement for real change.
In this episode we explore the role of property under capitalism, and how it serves to empower the rich land owning class. We discuss the impact of the privatization of land resources, and what it does to the economy and people in general. And finally we discuss how the concept of ownerhip could be different under a socialist economic system.
1st hr. 'The Socialist Insight w/ Stewart Alexander'
2nd hr. 'Dialectics w/ Nikolai Brown'
X Stewart's guest today is Steven Katz, New York State Chair with the Socialist Party USA.
Today's topic is:
"The Possibilities For Left Unity"
X This week on 'Dialectics', Omali Yeshitela of the African People's Socialist Party, http://asiuhuru.org/ontheground/apsp-usa, joins host Nikolai Brown to discuss African Internationalism and recent developments in the world scene.
In this episode, we discuss what racism is, and how real socialism could help dismantle the institutionalized racism.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (94 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (86 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (50 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (32 chatters)
- in5d (29 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Black Author Network (20 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (18 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (18 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (11 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (10 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Rifleman (10 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- David Coney (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- reactionariez (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- tickmankyle1 (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- Cosmic Pillow Talk (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- THE FRESH START CROWD FUNDING WEE (1 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Kick it with Krystal (0 chatters)
- Happy Hour Network (0 chatters)