SORT BY Relevancy
John Emerson works at the intersection of digital design, data, and social change. He is an activist, graphic designer, writer, and programmer based in New York City. He has designed web sites, printed materials and motion graphics for leading media companies as well as local and international non-profit organizations including Amnesty International USA, Human Rights Watch, the Committee to Protect Journalists, and the United Nations.
why design can be a powerful tool in social change is this niche of social change design growing how John got started and why this niche Join us as John Emerson speak about his design work and social change.
in Self Help
Have you ever wanted to create a positive impact in your community? A strong network of people is key to creating change in your neck of the woods.
RepYourCity.com founder & CEO Jay Rayford stops by to talks about ways to positively impact urban communities in the digital age.
Movie and TV producer, writer, director Marc Erlbaum drops by to discuss eflixir.com, his new digital platform for uplifting films and social action. He will also talk about his own inspirational movies, Everything Must Go, Café and The Buddy Story. Filmmaker Misha Zubarev has agreed to co-host.
Eflixir curates thousands of uplifting Hollywood films and links them to thematically related causes. That way viewers can immediately activate the social-good impulse the films inspire. A percentage of every streaming fee is donated to eflixir's non-profit cause partner, which enables viewers to make a difference simply by watching the films they would be paying the same price for elsewhere. After viewing and acting, members are able to discuss the films and/or related causes with a community of likeminded individuals who are similarly interested in positive entertainment and social good.
Marc served as executive producer for Everything Must Go, a touching drama starring Will Ferrell as a man who must make significant changes after losing his job and his wife. He produced, wrote and directed Café, which stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and deals with a tragedy surrounding a café in West Philadelphia. Plus, he wrote and directed A Buddy Story, starring Emmy winner Elizabeth Moss (of TV’s Mad Men fame) as an abused woman whose life changes for the better as the result of tagging along on a musician’s tour.
On the show this week we discuss how to use emerging social networks like Snapchat, Line, Ello, to your advantage.
1) What are some of the best practices?
2) Claiming your name both personally and for business?
3) How do you know when the social network has jumped the shark?
This was project was a quick inspiriation born of being punished for conservative, libertarian thoughts. Many people were being punished by having their social media accounts suspended because those OTHER people were offended, couldn't handle the truth. Those other people were the perpetually offended, unable to think for themselves. The chronically unemployed, living on the government plantation. These arre the people who take and take from the sysytem, but never give or contribute to the American society. They blame America for the world's problems, they are afraid to be responsible for any decisions they make, and they do not want ANYONE to disagree with them. If you do, they report you. You get suspended. Tonight all that ends.... Tonight no matter your post or tweet is, to whomever it is, you will not be suspeded. You see, in the arena ideas, liberals lose everytime, and they cannot argue the point, they only scream and call you names--NOT here- here this is where we stand, here is where they fall!!
Today is Monday, October 20, 2014. You are listening to our radio broadcast, "COME TOGETHER FOR CHANGE" sponsored by 'Men In Search of Change' and HWG Outreach Center For Change, International'. God truly has an amazing blessing for you today.
We are streaming live on the internet every Monday afternoon from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM (PST) by logging into: www.blogtalkradio.com/cometogetherforchange. Or you may listen in by simply dialing (646) 200-0578 via your telephone.
Our topic of discussion for today is "WE ARE LIVING IN PERILOUS TIMES" And our main scripture may be found in the book of: 2 TIMOTHY 3:1-7. So, prepare to receive your Spiritual food of the day.
You must have a new prospective in life to believe bigger and to go beyond your barriers in order to reach your higher potentials. When you take time each day to declare God's promises over your health, your family, and your finances; you are speaking VICTORY INTO YOUR FUTURE. For more spiritual guidance, feel free to log into our website: meninsearchofchange.com. And if you are in need of prayer for any reason, call Chaplain Elder Hudson Griffith @ (702) 454-5717.
SHOUT OUT TO ALL MEN: You are welcome to join our Coast to Coast Men's Prayer Conference Call every Friday evening @ 7:30 PM (PST) by calling (605) 562-3000, PIN# 323 034#. Know that God has a special blessing waiting for you.
Thank you for listening to our Radio Broadcast. Do call, text or tweet a neighbor, an associate or a family member and ask them to join us on blogtalk radio next Monday@3:30 PM, as we broadcast our radio program 'COME TOGETHER FOR CHANGE" LIVE from the Blessed City of Las Vegas, NV on the internet.
Have an amazing and very blessed week.
Youtube has made some significant changes to its platform in the last year and we, at Jumpwire, now consider it more of a social media network than a video playback destination site.
During the 15 minute show we will discuss:
1) How to use YouTube as a social media network: subscribers, conversations, etc
2) Using Youtube analytics to build more engaging content for your audience
3) Youtubers that are doing it right
4) Earning money from your Youtube content. Is it worth the hassle?
This week on Social Geek Radio, Deb Evans and Jack Monson welcome the marketing leaders from Pump It Up! Anushka Figueroa and Wendy Krone will share the latest best practices in local marketing from their brand and franchisees as well as industry trends and advice for marketers who want to pump up their own engagement!
Live - Wednesday 9/24 at 8pm ET!
in Self Help
May 8, 2008 edition of Radio Not Bombs, featuring an interview with two student activists who helped organize a solidarity action with the family of slain New Yorker Sean Bell and victims of police violence everywhere. Also, a radio essay on the acquittal of Sean Bell's killers from Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Dr. Ron Capps, aka the Nicheprof, talks about social media marketing with Ken English, the MediaMojoGuy.
A 30 min explanation of The Social Talk and a preshow highlights for this Summers schedule. Starting June 14th at 3pm our first show will be on "Friends" but first we will discuss the over all show veiws on religion and beliefs as well as other things in the world that is being talked about! So come join me as we explore The Social Talk! Come join me at 1pm today!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (121 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (90 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- John Baptist (56 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (9 chatters)
- 63489 (9 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (9 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (7 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (7 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (5 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (5 chatters)
- FSF Radio (5 chatters)
- Matt4America (4 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (4 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- 64667 (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Elegeant (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Trackside Experience (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- EquallyNOT (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Life with The Real LadyZee (0 chatters)
- sun752 (0 chatters)