SORT BY Relevancy
Recently my cousin messaged me, I would die if my son will be in the military. How can you live with the fear that any moment he could be sent to a war? I couldn’t do it .. I would have done all I could to stop him from going in the military, and for that I admire you.
My answer to her was…I will never forget how my heart dropped when my son came to tell me he wanted to join the military. I asked him if he was sure and if that’s what he wanted then.. I will support his decision 100%. He explained his reasons and I noticed he had really thought it over and was sure of his decision. I knew if he saw that his decision was breaking my heart he wouldn’t go through with it. The next few months were emotionally torturing and that’s when my silent tears began. The day came when we had to drive him so he could begin his journey. On my way to drop him off, I prayed for strength. The time to say our goodbyes came, he said bye to my daughter, my boyfriend and then me. That hug almost made me break down, as I hugged him in my head I scream to God for strength and to please help me hold my tears. As we pull away I saw his tears, I took a deep breath and said "Hey, don’t cry you see me I'm strong and time will fly, we will see each other soon." He cracked a smirked and said "true," took a deep breath and walked away. I held my tears in till I got in my car, and I just let it out. I was not seeing my son leaving but one of my best friends.
I'm very proud of him and his achievements so far in his military journey, but I couldn’t be selfish. A mother or any parent must let their child free and let them spread their wings. My faith gives me strength and yes I'm hurting but I have faith that the Lord and my grandmother are watching over him and keeping him safe. Only I know how many silent tears I've shed.
We all know that during the holidays we are challenged to juggle more priorities. Sometimes this requires we put ourselves our on hold and focus on others expectations and wishes. Holidays can be brutal and by the time we realize how much we are giving away or ignoring, it can be to late to turn on the joy and merriment we so desire. Learn ways you can overide and jump start your holiday happiness with more contented happiness and approaches to your Christmas list that don't leave you wishing you were somewhere else. Make the holidays fulfilling and celebrate the way you really want to this year!
Did you know there's really a town that was the basis for the movie "Silent Hill"? And did you know there's many other places just like it? This week on Conundrum with Cougar and Slider, we take you to places around the world that have been burning for years and for centuries and still are. Join us this Thursday, July 17th at 5:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM Central and 10:00 PM UK for a different kind of show!
Sad to admit I didn’t think that Existed
What negative media has taught us about Black Men in today’s world? I was told by a young woman who SWU is helping to promote her product; that she is shocked to see and hear about everyday black men helping others in a positive way. How do you see black men? Are you star struck and only see celebrities as being the only role model for the youth or minority community? Are the only black leaders you recognize Preachers, celebrities (entertainment or athletes), or black leaders only from the past and not in today’s society? Call in to Silent Words Unleashed to let us know what you think. We encourage all to participate on the show. We don’t just talk about it, we listen to learn so that we can educate others what matters most in their community
Questions 1 – How do you see black men in society today? Please be open and honest
Question 2 – Do you only recognize black men that are famous such as celebrities or hold a high status in society/community?
Question 3 – Why do you think or believe black men don’t do positive things? Is it because of what the media says or the stereo type of black men?
Question 4 – What do you think can be done to change the image/perception of black men?
We're back! After a month off the air, Mrs. Barbara Moore and City On A Hill is back. We will take a lookk at 2014 in review of what has been some of the highlights of the year. We will speak about what is ahead and hope that you along with us will be encouraged and emboldened to fight for America's future being played out in the minds of children. It is not a fight we want but unfortunately this is what happens when free p eople forget that the price of their freedom is vigilance. There being informed is most important as the other sides uses lack of information or access to the truth as a prime tool. Funny how things do not change--it worked in the garden of Eden and it still works today. Join us as together we can make a difference.
Dynamic work that changed the world forever; Silent Spring changed the way we see how big companies and factories operate and the ecological consequences that affect our environment and ultimately, ourselves
Talks about the people and political entities that affect the governing policies for the world's population.
Broken Child Restored Woman by Author Barbara Hill-Jackson
About her Book:
Broken Child Restored Woman is non-fiction guide for all women to increase their faith no matter what dark place they maybe in. It will give you the strength and courage to fight on and never think about giving up ever again. It will help you overcome all the negativity low self worth struggles strongholds set back most importantly the guilt and shame. I wrote this book with you in mind, my sister, because I have faith in you that you may have been broken but you are now Restored. You can rest assure and know that prayer will increase your faith, Spending time in God’s Word will strengthen your heart, and taking God at his word will give you joy in knowing that you can overcome anything.
Connect with Barbara Hill-Jackson:
Let’s Get Social! Connect with Bestselling Author Barbara Hill-Jackson online at:
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorBarbaraHillJackson
Twitter: @BarbaraByjackso Hash-Tag: #RestoredWoman
Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00RKXCWOW
Join Host Live Chats
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (42 chatters)
- Straitway (26 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (23 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Trek Talking (9 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- The War Room (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (3 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (3 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (2 chatters)
- EX3 Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- ARC Studies (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- Local Live Music (1 chatters)
- Married 2 Change Radio 2 (1 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (1 chatters)
- Conservative Report (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Advise Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Curvy Metalhead Show (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (0 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (0 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (0 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (0 chatters)