SORT BY Relevancy
This is Beyond the Airwaves: The Infinity Project, where we go beyond the mainstream media and tackle issues that don't seem so important to the major networks.
In the wake of Robin Williams' apparent suicide on Monday, we dedicate this entire episode to a serious issue that affects millions of people in some form or fashion: depression. How do we know if someone's just having a bad day or is suffering from depression? That depression can sometimes become severe, as in Williams' case. We'll discuss the difference between "having the blues" and true depression, as well as warning signs and ways to deal with depression properly.
Ikari Chaos-San is the founder and creator. Shirley is truly the Oddball Extreme. Janet is our resident Arizona Magician. Tim is the Tokusatsu Master. Plastic Kaiju is our resident Nestene Consciousness based Godzilla. Heather is Queen Kitty Serenity. MikeBoyens is our video game wizard. We'll also have appearances by our friends from the MAD HOUSE, so come and listen in!
Visit our official website at http://beyondtheairwaves.weebly.com and don't forget to join in the conversation on the forums located on our official website. We want you guys and gals, the fans, to tell us what's on your mind and what you feel is important to cover, so let us know what you want to hear.
**All sound effects are protected under fair use provisions and are NOT intended to create any copyright infringement.**
Feeling down or depressed from time to time happens to most people. Usually such feelings pass, and a person can improve his or her mood naturally. However, some people cannot break out of a depressed state over an extended period of time. In those cases, a person is considered to have clinical depression. However, there is much research that shows that depression is neurological, not psychological. Certain brain patterns are frequently linked to depression.
Depression has become a way of life that needs to be fixed, however is depression constant? Is depression a way of life or it is a sign that tells us something needs to be looked at and addressed in our lives at this time? What does it really mean to be depressed and is that different from other things that may look like depression however they are not depression? Unraveling depression opens us the doors to healing and growing passed the ways that we think we are unraveling because of depression. Tune in and join the conversation today at 3:30 PM, PST!
This week, we've heard all kinds of speculation and even hateful comments about the death of actor and comedian Robin Willliams, at the age of 63. The creative genius and lovable husband and father was known to suffer from alcoholism and drug addiction at different times throughout his life. What many didn't know of was his long-standing struggle with depression. Dr. Sara Rose Danesi, Psyd, Personal Growth Associates, joins me to sort out some of the confusion over types of depression, what you can do to help a loved one who may need help, how to know the difference between feeling down and lapsing into a deep depression and what the link is between alcoholism and depression.
Tune in! You might like what you hear.
Tune in this Sunday afternoon at 2pm with Blog Talk Radio's Power Talk with Apollos as Apollos leads us into a cheerful holiday season.
Depression is on the rise and nearly quadruples during the holiday season. Listen in for testimonies and prevented guidance on how to stay cheerful about life during this season and all year long.
Go to www.apollosnation.com and click on LISTEN LIVE!
What is Depression?
What are the causes and effects?
How does it manifest itself?
What are the early signs of depression?
Does depression mean suicide?
What does it mean to be clinically depressed?
Do kids get depressed?
How do you fix depression?
What help is out there?
Is it possible to cover up depression?
Should I tell my Partner about it?
All of these and much more will be discussed on TONIGHT's Episode of LOVE IN THE HOUSE at 9PM UK/GMT.
***Remember the show is designed with you in mind, please share with friends and family. Thanks***
According to an article written by Nia Hamm, depression is a huge health concern among African Americans — particularly women — but mental health is often stigmatized in the Black community. Although it can impact people from all walks of life, cultural habits and historical experiences can cause depression to be expressed and addressed differently among Black women... Black women are among the most undertreated groups for depression in the nation, which can have serious consequences for the African-American community. Let’s talk about this…and DON’T BITE YOUR TONGUE!!
Seasonal depression is a real and serious phenonom. Many people have it and are not awaire of it. Neuropsychologist, Dr. Michelle Bengtson is my guest and she will talk about Seasonal Depressionl; the signs, symptoms and where you can get help. Call in with your questions. During Table Topics we're talking football. Call in to weigh in on "Ball Gate." I'll give you information about the 2014 Sister cirld Girlfriends Getaway Weekend and other coming events. It's The Bizzard of 15. Where You At? Call in and share with the world where you're at.
Read Jim Lunney's weekly update at www.wealthstratgroup.com. Jim is author of Surviving the Storm. The monthly conference call focused on identifying current signs of economic change. Jim is a Registered Representative with and Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC
Vital Signs- what background information do you really know about your partner?
1. What do you know about their childhood
2. What's is his or her relationship like with their parents?
3. What do they do for a living?
4. What is his or her education level?
5. Do they have an significant other if not what happen in their last relationship?
6. Do they have any significant sources of stress?
7. What activities do they do for fun?
8. What is his or her religious affiliation?
9. Does he or she exercise?
10. How are his or her eating habits
These are actually just a few of the things that should concern you and will make a difference in your relationship NOW if you know these things ahead of time.
Now sit on back and enjoy the smooth, mellow atmosphere of Cocktail Conversations on KLJN 107.7
And now here's your host, The Controversial Counselor, David Glover
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (31 chatters)
- Straitway (24 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (19 chatters)
- The Portal (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (10 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (9 chatters)
- Trek Talking (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (5 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- 65620 (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- Cins Chat Corner (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (3 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- We are TOPS (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- in5d (1 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Curvy Metalhead Show (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rock n Sports (1 chatters)
- The LouddMouth Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Torrey Allen Show (1 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (0 chatters)