SORT BY Relevancy
Since 1993, Project POOCH has successfully paired hundreds of unwanted shelter dogs with incarcerated youths. The youths care for, groom and train unwanted shelter dogs and help to find them new adoptive “forever homes." Youths (guided by professionals) learn to train the dogs, groom them, and find them new adoptive "forever homes." The dogs leave the program ready to be great pets, while their trainers re-enter the community with new job and personal skills and increased compassion and respect for all life.
Dog trainer Colleen Demling discusses how to address the training needs of a dog adopted from a shelter. How to evaluate if your dog from a sheltewr may have baggage that needs to be addressed and how to give a rescued dog the best possible home.
Did you know that there are some foods that cats and dogs should not eat? Should cats be bathed? Or are their normal grooming habits enough? In this episode, we'll address some of the do's and don'ts involved with caring for healthy, happy cats and dogs. So join us for this pet Q and A (post Fourth of July) session on our upcoming edition of The Missy Show! We look forward to hearing from you.
There's so much more to having a canine companion than just feeding, grooming and walking them.
Is there a better way to train your dog?
Guest: Karen Palmer
We will discuss the benefits of connecting with your dog and hear stories of how certain dogs changed lives.
Karen will share secrets in dog training and teach about energy healing for you and your pet.
Don't miss this ground-breaking and revolutionary way to train your dog and opportunity to realise that you were guided to each other for specific spiritual lessons.
Host: Lucinda Curran
Join us as we take this bond to a whole new level.
Attorney Fred Kray and the PBLNR crew will discuss with Melissa McDaniel her photobook "Pit Bulls & Pit Bull Type Dogs," 82 Dogs the Media Doesn't Want You To Meet. Regular show episodes include:
Recap of last week's show
Weekly news update
BSL updates with Kris "Brown Sugar" Diaz from StopBSL
Deirdre Franklin from Pinups For Pitbulls
Chat with Denice Yeakey
Dog Trainer Yvette Van Veen From Awesome Dogs
Instagram T-shirt giveaway
Check out our website PBLNN.com!
Julie Forbes and Tracy Ross discuss dog aggression, and it's different subcategories and causes. "Aggression" is a broad statement and is too large of a topic to just generalize. It is important to understand the nature of dog aggression, and it's different forms and reasons.
Twelve years ago, Tracy was one of the main people Julie learned from, on how to work with dog behavior, particularly aggression. Tracy works with some of the most difficult dogs in the region, and is incredible at breaking through to dogs who don't seem reachable.
Host, Julie Forbes talks with Heather Gould, mother of Cory, a boy with Aspergers who is featured in a documentary called "For the Love of Dogs". Cory has difficulty interacting with and reading people, but his intense passion for dogs helps him connect with humans. http://vimeo.com/58594223
Then Julie shares about the last weekend, jam-packed with activity. Julie and her wife helped raise almost $5000 to pay for a life saving surgery for a veteran's emotional support dog who was hit by a car and got a broken pelvis. Ray and Lil Bit are healing at home and it was quite a ride!
Lastly, Julie and Darcie have opened their home to an Old Dog Haven rescue dog who they picked up from a shelter on Saturday. Old Dog Haven places old dogs in need of homes into foster homes and forever homes, to get them out of shelters, no matter how long they have left to live. Beautiful, touching work.
On this special broadcast, our guests are Robert Misseri, President of Guardians of Rescue, and animl activist Terry Hamm.
Guardians of Rescue is a national organization based in New York which fights to protect and save dogs and cats who cannot protect themselves and was involved in two very public cases: Olympic Animal Sanctuary and the "Dogs in the Box".
Terry Hamm is a long time activist and has been involved in the Dogs in the Box case since it's very beginning, and is still fighting for justice for these dogs.
You will learn more about Guardians and the work they do, their role in the Dogs in the Box case, and why Terry feels the best interest of these dogs is still not being met.
You may also like these shows on Pet Radio:
Sunday Rescue-Dark Cloud over Olympic Animal Sanctuary
Sunday Rescue-Dogs in the Dungeon and PAWs Chicago
Sunday Rescue-Tougher Pet Abuse Laws and Abuse Offender Registry
Pet Radio-Puma of Villalobos Rescue Center
Pet Radio-Saving Alex-a happy ending
Phone lines will be open during the second half of the show. Please visit our Facebook page
For those of us living in eastern Monmouth County, we are well aware that we live in a summer vacation destination. But in the words of Rena Levine-Levy of The WindMill, “Hunger doesn't take a vacation.” Summer is a season of hunger for children who do not receive the food they normally receive during the school year. One in every ten people in Monmouth and Ocean Counties receive emergency food from the FoodBank’s network of pantries, soup kitchens and other agencies. The FoodBank served 51,000 children with emergency food in 2010, compared with about 19,000 in 2005. The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties has teamed-up with Sabrett and WindMill Hot Dogs in raising money to provide food for those in our communities who don’t have enough to eat. The 10,000 Hot Dog campaign will run through Labor Day. Each $5.00 donation will help deliver 15 meals and hope to struggling families. Additionally, Sabrett will match contributions to the project, donating up to 10,000 hot dogs. The fundraiser kicked off right before Memorial Day with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes playing a concert on the roof deck of the WindMill in West End. This campaign runs through Labor Day and to donate click here. After the interview please visit After Hours at Jersey Coastal Live for more info.
Even Dogs are allowed to eat the scraps!
21) Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. (22) And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, 'Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.' (23) But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, 'Send her away, for she cries out after us.' (24) But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (25) Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, 'Lord, help me!' (26) But He answered and said, 'It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs.' (27) And she said, 'Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.' (28) Then Jesus answered and said to her, 'O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.' And her daughter was healed from that very hour. Matt 15:21-28
In this miracle; mentioned above; Jesus uses His meeting with a pagan woman from beyond the borders of Judea to illustrate the future potential of the Gentiles. While Christ spent most of His time ministering to Israelites, on a few occasions He did mercifully intervene on behalf of Gentiles.
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Speaker interview - Dr. Simon Gadbois
Visit www.caninescience.info to learn more about SPARCS Conference 2014 and how you can listen either in person or via their live streaming.
One of my favorite topics to discuss is dogs' incredible sense of smell! I can't wait to hear what Dr. Gadbois has to say on this matter, given his experience specifically researching this topic, and how it can be applied. Whether it be hypoglycemia, or invasive insects, Dr. Gadbois is doing some great work around this topic!
Find him at http://www.gadbois.org/simon/
And watch this great clip of some his program dogs being trained to detect scent. Notice the positive, encouraging tone!
In todays’ segment Join the conversation as we invite Karis Rauch, Author and Creative Kid as she shares some insight, thoughts and stories about something she loves very much, dogs.
About the Guest:
Karis Rauch is 8 years old, 3rd grade and the youngest of the Rauch kids. She loves to read, write and draw and she has an amazing and wonderfully creative mind. She loves all kinds of dogs and small ones are her favorite.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ms Blue (38 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (38 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (32 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (20 chatters)
- GodKiller (20 chatters)
- Love Productions (12 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (12 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (11 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (8 chatters)
- Gold Jersey Dynasty Talk Radio (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- The NY Hip Hop Report (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- FRANCY AND FRIENDS (5 chatters)
- Geek Pile (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Man Law LIVE (3 chatters)
- PWAS Commissioner (3 chatters)
- SmashTalk A Preds Podcast (2 chatters)
- NexxLegacy (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- DiggerDan (2 chatters)
- daFUq Funnies Radio (2 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- ITS ONLY OCEAN (1 chatters)
- Atheist Roundtable (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)
- PamelaClark0 (1 chatters)
- MissAllgood (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Prophet Kyle T Miller (1 chatters)
- The Signalis Show (1 chatters)
- The Superior Must Awaken (1 chatters)
- The Jamie and Loco Project (1 chatters)