SORT BY Relevancy
In this Seniors Speak episode, teen hosts McMillen, Grace, and Lindsey discuss the end of their senior year, college plans, AP and SAT tests, and senior ball. A special song is rehearsed at the end as a tribute to other high school seniors and all our listeners. Enjoy!
What can you do to stay healthy and fit over 50? Looking to improve your health or get started on the way to a healthy lifestyle and long healthy life? Would you like to improve your daily mood and thoughts about yourself?
This show will focus on Good Health, Fitness and Nutrition for Seniors who want to get the most out of living and enjoying those golden years.
Join Frank and Blondie Clayton and guest personal trainer, health educator and nutritionist Vera Stevens for a half hour of life changing tips.
Seniors frequently have to move from their home of 40-50 years. It may be stressful, emotional and even heartbreaking. Humans have many losses as they age, this is one more. Set a plan before the process begins, my guest Betty White, co-owner of Smooth Transitions Denver, LLC is an expert with years of experience. Her expertise is in emotional support for loved ones along with packing valuables, estate dispersal, move coordination and downsizing. Adult children with aging parents... Do not miss this broadcast!
In our latest Seniors Speak podcast, teen hosts Rachel, Drew, and Grace cover a wide range of topics including high school graduation, getting ready for college, summer plans, AP exams, the Kardashians, and even lawn care. This brief, fun episode is perfect to listen to whether you're hanging out poolside or walking to summer school.
The happiest time of the year may present depression and lack od ingeraaction. Karen Owen-Lee a 2nd generation professionsl in Gerontology. Karen is know as "The Senior Expert" with her BS & MS in Gerontology along with 30 years of exterience. She will offer hints to Adult Children to help their seniors. Tune in tomorrow @ 10am MST
Open Karen OwenLee.com and hit the Blog Talk Radio button
Life is a Sacred Journey ‘Obamacare & Seniors’
Thursday March 27, 2014 at 5 pm
Listen before the enrollment deadline!
This week Micheal Pope will discuss The Affordable Care Act, or, as it is commonly known, “Obamacare”.
Guests include Amber Cutler from National Senior Citizens Law Center, Vishu Lalchandani from ASEB, and Debbie Toth from Rehabilitation Services of Northern California
Tune in to this important discussion on a complex and controversial topic.
Over 285 million people in the world are visually impaired, of whom 39 million are blind and 246 million have moderate to severe visual impairment (WHO, 2011). It is predicted that without extra interventions, these numbers will rise to 75 million blind and 200 million visually impaired by the year 2020 (WHO, 2010) as reported by Lighthouse International.
Suppose your senior loved one has impaired vision, what are you going to do? What are your resources? Where do you turn?
My guest, Shirley Proppe, Area Resource Coordinator with the American Council of the Blind of Colorado is a remarkable expert with the answers. Tune in for her vast array of knowledge for Boomers and seniors! We might all be faced with sight problems in our lifetime. Tune in You will not be disappointed!
Do not miss it; tune in Thursdays@ 10am MDT.
Join Us for a Repeat-Air on Technology and Seniors this Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 5 PM. We will air a Brand New Show on January 23, 2014
Micheal's two guests are Linda Simpson and Valerie Steinmetz. Linda Simpson works with It’s Never Too Late, a company that has been highlighted by the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, National Public Radio and other smaller media outlets. Described as; "Innovative, today — tomorrow, it will be demanded."
Valerie Steinmetz is with the Center for Technology and Aging whose mission to improve the independence of older adults dealing with chronic health care issues by promoting the adaption and diffusion of beneficial technologies.
Tonights show will start with a discussion on civil rights vs natural (constitutional) rights. Also called [civil liberties] the difference is major. Also, Cary-Andrew Crittendon will be calling in with an update on the retaliation against George Williams, by the court.
Across the country our seniors and disabled adults are targeted by predatory guardians who operate through probate and family courts. Anyone can be targeted for committing the new age crime of [aging with assets]. Assets that predator fiduciary's have decided should belong to them. The system of legalized theft is facillitated by having the victim declared incompetent to handle their own affairs. Many active and vibrant seniors are declared incompetent or incapacitated by unethical doctors and psychiatrists who many times have never even seen the victim. The same doctors and psychiatrists are used routinely by the courts and the predators as they can be depended upon to write whatever diagnosis is desired.
Please join us as we take another look at the horrendous system put in place to loot the estates of unsuspecting elders who thougth they had their estates well planned.
One in 10 older Americans experience abuse each year.
This number increases to 1 in 2 when the person has dementia.
Elder abuse occurs in both homes and facilities and occurs in many forms including financial, sexual, physical and psychological abuse as well as neglect
Even though these statistics are frightening it helps us to understand that the problem is more prevalent than we think, and urges us to get educated about the issue.
Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversation with Eric Moldenhauer, senior advocate and owner of ComForcare in Valporasio, Indiana.
They will talk abou what causes Elder Abuse, the Warning SIgns and Who are the people that abuse.
Learn more about Eric by visiting his website.
Stay informed of what is coming up on Conversations In Care by signing up for our newsletter.
Why are seniors embracing technology? More than half of the people in the US, 65 and over, are using the Internet. More than 1/3rd of this age group is using social media with Facebook being the leading site. The comment I hear more than any other is "technology lets me live a fuller life, as long as it's kept simple."
What are their interests? Do you want to help the senior in your life get a better understanding of the Internet?
Join Jim Blue, in an encore presentation, discuss what seniors are doing on the Internet and why technology has become an integral part of their lives.
Seniors Speak is a monthly Teen Talk feature where our senior hosts discuss anything and everything. This episode's topics include museums, school lunches, and prom.
Teen Talk is supported in part by Audible. Visit audibletrial.com/teentalkcny to start your 30-day trial and benefit Teen Talk.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (138 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (20 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- BeverlyD (14 chatters)
- thedean (11 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (10 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (9 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (8 chatters)
- John Baptist (8 chatters)
- Patriot Family (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (8 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (7 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (7 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (7 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (4 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (4 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (3 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (3 chatters)
- Know It All ABCs of Education (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (2 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (2 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (2 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (2 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Align Shine Prosper (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (1 chatters)
- Book Club Girl (1 chatters)
- Average Intelligence (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Kerrie Wearing X Soul Coach (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (0 chatters)