SORT BY Relevancy
Skin Lightening has always been somewhat of a Taboo Topic for as long as Skin Bleaching Creams have been in existence.
For those users with darker complexions, many have stated a wide range of reasons for utilizing these oftentimes unhealthy and toxic products literally at the expense of ones well being.
These skin bleaching creams and soap products all have chemicals that are proven to be detrimental to the health of the user yet the sales of them indicate an ever growing market that doesn't seem to have an end in sight.
So what is it about these skin lightening products that make them such a big seller especially in the Black community as well as in countries the world over?
This is an indication of an extremely deep rooted issue that has gone on too long within Black communities worldwide without indulging in this long overdue conversation.
It is my belief that many who use these creams are not confident enough in their God given beauty and have been brainwashed to feel that the European standards of beauty are somewhat superior, desirable and will place the artificially lightened individual in a far better position to receive a better job, that elusive mate and overall improved chance at life because of the impression that people with lighter skin receive better treatment in society.
It's the blowback from living in a racist society and a definite indication and prime example of of self hate.
So as you can see, this phenomenon is nothing new, just as the feeling that many Black women have that their dark skin is a thing of ugliness and a curse when in fact it's the opposite!
Join in with our conversation on this night so we can go deep into a topic that will surely get tempers flaring!
For Friday, 8/2/13, our program will focus on the outlying issues of self-esteem. We each have something we’re working through at any given point in our lives. How we view these issues, and then work to move forward through them often stems from our personal feelings about ourselves. During the hour, we’ll begin to look at issues we face that may affect our self-esteem from childhood through various stages of adulthood. These topics may includeUpbringing – Family relationships, cultures, religionsBullying – As a youth or an adultWeight – Gain or LossAbilities/Assets – And where we might be limitedEducation LevelComparison to OthersAging
As a Certified Rolfer, Reiki Master and Pilates Instructor, one might think that Paul Van Alstine, owner of Studio One Pilates, has always been in excellent shape with no physical issues in his personal history.But nothing could be farther from the truth. As a younger adult, Paul suffered tremendously from back pain due to injuries he had experienced in his youth. Through the research he did, Mr. Van Alstine was able to determine that Pilates could help him overcome some of the pain he had been suffering. For the last 12 years, Paul has been perfecting his craft, and is now known for running a studio like no other in existence today. Due to Paul’s techniques, clients relieve back, shoulder, neck and joint pain, reduce incontinence, lose inches around their mid-section and actually grow taller (despite their age). Join us Friday, 11/1/13 at 3:00PM AKDT, 7:00PM EDT to learn more.
Philmore Steele guides listeners on a journey through guided meditations designed for personal transformation and enhancing the ability to enjoy the beauty of life.
Philmore Steele is a shaman, meditation teacher and master of esoteric energywork. He holds an M.A. in psychology.
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. You have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."-Harriet Tubman, Social Activist, Escaped Slave, Underground Railroad Leader.
Introductory show to a series of weely discussions around topics that can hinder individuals from discovering and walking in their true purpose. Discussions will spin off of a core list of topics including:
self esteem, overcoming adversity, stepping out in faith, toxic relationships, creating peace, how to build trust, and finding your voice.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (130 chatters)
- NTEB (90 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (70 chatters)
- Bigfoot Tonight Show (47 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (43 chatters)
- Curious Times (28 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (14 chatters)
- ARC Studies (13 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (13 chatters)
- drdeath26 (13 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (12 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (11 chatters)
- Love Productions (11 chatters)
- Kawakab (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (10 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (9 chatters)
- Puerto Rico Reptiles Radio (9 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (9 chatters)
- New Colony Network (8 chatters)
- torihartman (7 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (7 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (5 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (5 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (4 chatters)
- Ms Blue (4 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- amyalkon (4 chatters)
- BWIG Radio (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- chocmami (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (3 chatters)
- MoodSwings (3 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (2 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- I AM U Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Blues Unchained (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Debra SeS (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (1 chatters)
- Prayer International (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Seamheads (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- Ski And Critical (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)