SORT BY Relevancy
Our guest today is Peter Gregory. He is a security manager, computer security specialist, and author of over 20 books, including CISSP for Dummies. He has experience in the information technology sector, which spans over thirty-years and began in the 1970s.
He has worked in:
· local government
· wireless telecommunications, and
· financial management Our topic today is about writing books in the security sector
His first bestseller, Applied Cryptography, explained how the arcane science of secret codes actually works, and was described by Wired as "the book the National Security Agency wanted never to be published." His book on computer and network security, Secrets and Lies, was called by Fortune "[a] jewel box of little surprises you can actually use." Beyond Fear tackles the problems of security from the small to the large: personal safety, crime, corporate security, national security. His book, Schneier on Security, offers insight into everything from the risk of identity theft (vastly overrated) to the long-range security threat of unchecked presidential power and the surprisingly simple way to tamper-proof elections.
Regularly quoted in the media -- and subject of an Internet meme -- he has testified on security before the United States Congress on several occasions and has written articles and op eds for many major publications, including The New York Times, The Guardian, Forbes, Wired, Nature, The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Boston Globe, The San Francisco Chronicle, and The Washington Post.
Schneier also publishes a free monthly newsletter, Crypto-Gram, with over 150,000 readers. In its ten years of regular publication, Crypto-Gram has become one of the most widely read forums for free-wheeling discussions, pointed critiques, and serious debate about security. As head curmudgeon at the table, Schneier explains, debunks, and draws lessons f
Welcome to Security Radio. Your host James Hall with our No. 3 episode - a discussion about mobile phone security.
This evening we have with us the Chief Security Officer of FIXMO a provider of Mobile Risk Management services. Dan has been an information security professional for more than 15 years, and has worked for notable organizations such as XM Radio, Secure Computing, McAfee, Nominum, and Accuvant. He has extensive experience running security programs within the government segment; his most notable role was as Director of Network Security at the Transportation and Security Administration, which was the largest managed service contract within the federal government. Dan joined Fixmo in 2012 to drive security and technology innovation within Fixmo's suite of Mobile Risk Management solutions. In his role at Fixmo, he is directly responsible for global security and information assurance initiatives – researching trends, discovering security vulnerabilities and exploits, building strategic partnerships; and attaining industry certifications - as well as product innovation. Dan holds an M.S. in Information Assurance/Computer Forensics from Capitol College and a D.Sc in Information Assurance from Capitol College with a dissertation focus on enterprise smartphone security.
Security Radio thanks you for listening.
Today NCX Group CEO and Host of Secure 20/20, Mike Fitzpatrick will interview Dr. Larry Ponemon of the Ponemon Institute. During the interview we will discuss Dr. Ponemon's cutting research on Healthcare Privacy and Security, Application Security and the latest research on the Cost of Cyber Crime.
By the end of this interview you will gain insight into the importance of Risk Based Security and the impact to your business.
Visit our site for more information. Follow Us on Twitter and Face
On-air Personal Safety and Security Seminar. Learn on-air how to shield and protect yourself and your family and acquire peace of mind in these dangerous times.
SEMINAR CURRICULUM TOPICS:
Street savvy security, defensive car maneuvers, traveling safe, home and workplace security, identity theft protection, practical preparations for natural and manmade emergencies and much, much more.
YODA – penname of our seasoned, veteran, counter-terrorist team leader. Yoda brings decades of experience consulting and training US and allied intelligence, Law Enforcement, Military field operations and SWAT teams. Yoda is active in the field in counter-Narco terrorist cartel operations, so maintains a penname.
2013 is well on its way to be another record year for cyber intrusions, keeping security as a topic in every corporation’s boardroom and in every government agency.
How many vulnerabilities did your security team find scanning today, last month, or this year? And how many were high risk? In the first six months of 2013, the IBM X-Force Research and Development team analyzed 4,100 new security vulnerabilities and 900 million new web pages and images.
The IBM X-Force team just released their Trend and Risk Report which summarizes their findings on emerging threats and the 2013 attack landscape. If you are a CIO, CEO, CISO or a line of business executive this must read report outlines the new attack opportunities in areas like:
• Social media: how social media is a valuable tool for business, but is also being used by attackers for reconnaissance and launching attacks
• Mobile device malware: how the explosive growth of Android devices is attracting malware authors
• Poisoning the watering hole: how attackers are compromising a central strategic target and launching zero day exploits
• Distraction and diversion: how attackers are amplifying Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks as a distraction to allow them to breach other systems
• Old techniques, new success: how today’s security complexity can enable old gaps to be exploited
Are you going to the Black Hat Security Conference starting on July 27th in Vegas? Here's a preview of what our team will be doing and the sessions that can help you build your schedule. In this podcast Caleb gives each of the IBM speakers a chance to give a quick commercial of their session so listen to this in the car or on the airplane on the way to Black Hat and you can map out your week.
Also check out our new blog at http://securityintelligence.com/
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (126 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (45 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- The Audible (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Love Productions (15 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (14 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (9 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (8 chatters)
- New Colony Network (7 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (6 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (6 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (5 chatters)
- First Love Radio (5 chatters)
- RHeart (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (4 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (4 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (4 chatters)
- VOICE OF REASON at FMSM (4 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (3 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (3 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- AskBhaVani (3 chatters)
- The Tarot Bitches (3 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (3 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Nikkology (3 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (3 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Ninja Scroll (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- CharHardin (2 chatters)
- David Fournier (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- ISTA Network (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Doc Wythe (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- 1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (1 chatters)
- Radio PI (1 chatters)
- poorbiker (1 chatters)
- Living Aligned Radio (1 chatters)
- Voices United Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wild World (1 chatters)
- D Hour Show (0 chatters)