SORT BY Relevancy
When researchers discover vulnerabilities in Internet of Things (IoT) devices, the media hypes the consequences as if the movie "Maximum Overdrive" has jumped off the big screen and into reality. Will your connected car refuse to respond to your stabs at the brake pedal? Will soda machines start shooting cans at unsuspecting passers by? When will our robot vacuums rebel, controlled by Skynet?
Join Caleb Barlow and Chris Poulin, Research Strategist for IBM's X-Force Security Threat Intelligence Team and IoT and connected car security expert, to separate the real security threats from FUD.
On November 20 my guest will be Brian Rauer, Executive Director of the Mid-Hudson (NY) Better Business Bureau and General Counsel of the Better Business Bureau serving Metropolitan New York. Earlier experience includes the Manhattan based law firm of Plunkett & Jaffe, P.C. Mr. Rauer serves on the Westchester County Consumer Advisory Council and was formerly on the Administrative Law Judge/Hearing Officer roster for the Westchester County Human Rights Commission. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the NY County Lawyers’ Assn. (NYCLA) and on the House of Delegates of the NY State Bar Association. He is a past Chair of the NYCLA Cyberspace Law Committee. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the Association for Conflict Resolution-Greater NY Chapter and the Board of Directors of the NY State Dispute Resolution Assn. Mr. Rauer formerly hosted/presented a regular segment on a nationally syndicated radio show and has presented an extensive array of programs on hot topics of public interest, including privacy/security, ID theft prevention and ethical business practice. He is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Tulane Law School, receiving the Tulane Law Dean's Medal and selection for the Order of the Coif. Mr. Rauer earned his B.S. degree, Summa Cum Laude, in Business Administration.
Brought to you by The American Public Safety Training Institute (TAPSTI) www.tapsti.org, this 2 hour session will review the work of Mark Sauter and James Carafano and their excellent textbook entitled “Homeland Security” (2012, 2nd ed.). This seminar includes a historical review of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from its early colonial legacy, to the Cold War, and then into its transition into its current form as the result of 9/11. Contemporary homeland security includes a huge array of challenges as our society becomes more technologically oriented and, as a result, more susceptible to targeting. We are dependent on stability in a very unstable world and, for the first real time, a very small group of people can wreak tremendous havoc. This seminar focuses on the change from national security being one that assumed the "homeland" was safe from its own people and the dangers were from outside our own borders to the present day where there can be no assumptions made where the next attack will come from.
Our Supply Chain Expert Rob O’Byrne talks to Scott Taylor of Exact Security about Supply Chain Security issues.
Check out our website at http://www.logisticsbureau.com/ to get some tips on how Logistics and Supply Chain Consulting Services help you improve your service and your profits!
Book Store: https://www.supplychainsecretsbooks.com/series/
Antivirus is officially dead as the main security defense for the endpoint: a wave of startups and veteran security firms are moving away from signature-based protection to more proactive and adaptive detection and mitigation that better match the rapidly evolving and AV-evading threats of today. With the endpoint as typically the weakest link that attackers target, modern endpoint security technology is all about focusing on the client as both patient 0 and as a treasure trove of attack forensics intelligence.
Join us for an in-depth discussion of why and how endpoint security is changing dramatically -- on the next episode of Dark Reading Radio, "Endpoint Security Transformed," Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 1:00 p.m. New York (10:00 a.m. San Francisco), hosted by Dark Reading Executive Editor Kelly Jackson Higgins. Our guests include Intel Security/McAfee’s Candace Worley, senior vice president and general manager of endpoint security. Register now and join us Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 1:00 p.m. ET.
Brought to you by The American Public Safety Training Institute (TAPSTI) www.tapsti.org, this 2-hour session will review the work of Mark Sauter and James Carafano and their excellent textbook entitled “Homeland Security” (2012, 2nd ed.). This seminar introduces the listener to Homeland Security intelligence processes, methods, structure, and resources. In this seminar we will discuss Intelligence Collection and what counterintelligence is and does. To truly appreciate the role intelligence management has in our society we discuss intelligence organizations, missions, activities, and how state and local law enforcement tie into this whole complicated array of intelligence gathering and management to keep us safe. The latter part of the discussion is based on the new Departmnet of the Army publication "Protection of Civilians ATP 3-07.6" (29 October 2015 Release) and a discussion of how this could be modified to apply, in large part, to professional policing operations here in the United States.
Each year, AFCEA sponsors a Conference that brings together senior military decision makers with top industry leaders to discuss the technology challenges facing the United Stated Armed Forces and how they can work together to overcome them.
Chris Myers and Harry Cornwell of Juniper are two of the industry leaders on the show floor. Chris is a technical director at Juniper Networks, and Harry is a Senior Systems Engineer and Security Subject Matter Expert. They joined the Modern Network Radio to discuss the main topics of the show - which revolve around mission assurance and security - and the technologies the military should be looking at as they better prepare to fight future wars in cyber space.
There are already 3.9 billion Internet of Things (IoT) devices in the world today, and Gartner estimates that by 2020 there will be 25 billion of them -- inside our public infrastructure, our homes, our cars, even our bodies… and all full of vulnerabilities. Manufacturers of IoT devices are new to the business of writing code and unprepared for the brave new world they’re creating. Other than fault-finding from a distance, what can the information security industry do to solve the problem?
Learn more and join the conversation on the next episode of Dark Reading Radio, “Fixing IoT Security,” Wednesday, Sep. 23 at 1 p.m. E.T. (4 p.m. PT), hosted by senior editor Sara Peters.
Security is a sweet thing when you control it. Insecurity will take you down a dark path.
Guest: Barry Jacobsen, military historian and blogger, joins us for a look at the national security stories of the week..........the Benghazi hearings expose some of Secretary Clinton's management style.......the Russian military operations in the Middle East............the US rescues Iraqi soldiers from a POW camp..........we look back at the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.........the US and USSR over Cuba............and other stories from the week.....
Click to support some of our friends....
...CLICK AUDIBLE.COM, YOUR SOURCE FOR AUDIO BOOKS!
CHECK OUT MY FRIEND CARLOS GUEDES AND HIS MUSIC........
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER......
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (95 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (76 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (19 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- Straight Black Pride Radio (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (6 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- Psychic energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (3 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Angry Devas Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- BROTHER PTAH REVOLITIONARY (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (1 chatters)
- Lets Get Metaphysical (1 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Power of Perception Radio Network (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Author Charron and Vaughn (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- AMStyles247 (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Its Time To Pray1 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx s Pop Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)