SORT BY Relevancy
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting their ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting her ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
(JUST A DISCLAIMER to let you know we loose conncection at about 33 mins or so. We will have Part 2 ASAP to close)
Jessica Barrett shares her struggles organizing the powerful red county. The only red county south of the famous I-4 cooridor. She began a Young Dems of America Chapter in Polk, and a lil history folks so you can get your head wrapped around the courage this lady has. Big Ben HIll Griiffin, who built the "Gator Swampbowl" for the UF. He owns cattle, potassium farms, you name it. Well he has a Grandaughter named, Katherine Harris, (who grew up in Bartow Polk County) you may recall the name for she was the Sec of State of Fl who called the race for Bush against AL Gore in 2000. COincidence, we think not....
Jessica and I left a Purple county, just ready to claim it's voting rights, although voter suppresion and collusion to committ fraud was seen on 2010. Very powerful people control outcomes, but in the midterm 2010 we almost won a congressional race due to our high volunteerism and indeed Polk County was the ONLY County called out the night before the elction fro the exceptional work the county did. It was the people, and Jessica started the way. I can't wait to do this interview! Hope you will join us for encouragment on mid-terms and take away suggestions that worked for us In Florida 2010!
Bill Jeffries and John Singer, hosts of Professional Development Straegies launch the radio series with an introduction to Career Transition, Development and Advancement.
in Real Estate
The Program USDA RURALDEVELOPMENT GUARANTEE HOUSING LOAN PROGRAM IS also known by USDA LOANS,Rural housing loan, Section 502 ,loan. We got the ins and outs, why this is the BEST UNKNOWN PROGRAM out there.
All on Mortgage Talk1 hosted by Rick Montgomery.
It took generations of struggle for women and minorities to gain the right to vote. With the voting rights act in 1965, finally every vote counted.
One generation later, 34 states have passed voter ID laws, disenfranchising millions of voters. Most are women, older, or minority voters.
RuralVotes and South Forward have teamed up to launch a new Voter ID Project. to help voters.
Donate today by clicking on the Blue Link above!
John Singer and Bill Jeffries, Hosts of Professional Development Strategies open the first episode discussing proper preparation for Career Transition and Network Methodologies.
Casey Willits is a past State Director for Fairness West Virginia 2013. He's an Obama Alumni from 2008-2012. We will be talking about isolation, the deep south, and rural progressive politics. Please join us!
It is possible for small rural communities to prosper. If you live in a small community, you're invited to discover some of the success factors giving you a pathway to prosperity. Join the Heartland Center for Leadership Development and the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship for an informative workshop October 8 - 10, 2013 in Leadville, Colorado.
This program will give some background information about the event and discuss the agenda for the workshop. For more information go to www.heartlandcenter.info.
HomeTown Competitiveness is a Come-Back / Give-Back approach to rural community building. HomeTown Competitiveness started in 2002 with a simple goal: Help rural communities build upon the assets they already have. Milan Wall, Co-Director of the Heartland Center will help you understand the concept behind HTC and give a couple of examples of communities that have seen a positive impact.
The founders of the program knew that rural communities already have everything they need to be successful. 10 years after its inception, the benefits of HTC can be seen across the country as small communities are attracting new residents and becoming competitive in the global economy.
I met Harold Geddings lll while working during the modterms in Florida 2010. He came to me highly recomended by a friend and when I was asked to hire ten Team rural folk from Georgia there were not enough willing to come on such short notice hence my meeting Harold. I was delighted to meet this qualified, fantastically great guy who turned out to be one of my key players in the drama that unfolded in Polk County 2010. We were called the one sunny spot during the midterms for our exceptional voter outreach, engagement and organizational work at the end. The pace was fast and Harold was to.
I am delighted to be introducing him. He couragesouly ran for Congress in South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District against notorious "Congressman Joe "YOU LIE" Wilson. His campaign Hard Hats for Harold got some press because he kept his day job and ran against an incumbent who does not represent working folk. Harold got tapped this year by the Labor Party as thier Candidate and he willing excepted. He is a great and honorable man, He is also a Team Player, and a Progressive voice for all of us in the South. He is THE qualified, bona-fide, Labor Candidate and I can't wait to introduce you all to him and his race. We hope you will tune in live where you will be able to call in at (347) 996-3968.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (483 chatters)
- Annahilation (43 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (16 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (16 chatters)
- Odwirafo (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Curious Times (12 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (10 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (9 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (5 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (5 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Chat w Cal Nez NN Prez Candidate (3 chatters)
- Apostle David (2 chatters)
- WJBR (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (0 chatters)