SORT BY Relevancy
This show is being run by a large group of American Rottweiler Club members that wish to discuss the proposed revision to the AKC Rottweiler Breed Standard. We believe that a correct natural tailed Rottweiler should be permitted to compete along side a correct docked tailed Rottweiler.
It is our goal during the next few weeks to educate and share the real truths behind and about the proposed revision and the Rottweiler tail.
Join us and share your comments or questions. We want YOU to let US know just how you feel, be it pro or con. You will be treated with equal respect. No derrogatory comments or flames.
Everyone is encouraged to offer questions, comments or
statements. You may call in and speak out directly or utilize the live chat during the show.
AKC judge Josef Hedl, or Joe, as he is better known, is my special guest tonight. Joe will share stories about some of the dogs of the past. Many of these Rottweilers are in our pedigrees and had an influence in the breed as we know it today.
Be sure to call in and talk to Joe!!
My special guest will be Felicia Luburich. Felicia was one of the very first breeders of Champion Rottweilers, had one of the first AKC registered Rottweiler kennel names (Srigo Rottweilers) and, was a Charter Member of ARC.
This show is a must, Felicia will share stories of the past with you, funny, sad, educational! Please call in and say hi to Felicia, ask questions, share your Rottweiler stories TOO!
http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/research/research_dean.html (NOTE: GO TO www.rott-n-chatter.com/SAS AND DOWNLOAD A POWER POINT PRESENTATION TO ACCOMPANY THIS SHOW! <BR><BR>
Dr. Kate Meurs, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies/Professor, at NCU College of Veternary Medicine, who is the leading scientist researching SAS in Rottweilers, along with her colleague, resident Cardiologist, Dr. Josh Stern, will be my special guests today to share and discuss their research of this dreaded disease on Rottweilers.
Join Jodi Preis and me on Tuesday, July 26th at 9:00pm Eastern while we discuss what BSL is all about and what, when where, why and how to be alert and stop it.
We will talk about some recent events and also other adverse legislative issues that affect our ownership of dogs, regardless of breed.
Tonight's guest will be Jill Kessler-Miller, President of the GSRC. The GSRC is the very first Code of Ethics Rottweiler club in the U.S.
Jill is not only the President of the club, but has been active in Rottweilers for as long as I can remember. She used to have her own live radio show, which was broadcast out of Los Angeles. She is knowledgable about all things Rottweiler so please feel free to also call in with any questions you may have during the 2nd half of the show.
Dr. Welton is the president as well as a staff veterinarian of Maybeck Animal Hospital.
He is also known around the country via his web-DVM TV, Radio and BLOG and produces a weekly live radio show right here on blogtalkradio.com. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rwdvm . Please join us tonight with ANY question you want to ask about your Rottweiler. How many times have you returned from your veterinary visit and forgot to ask a question...NOW is the time to ask!!!
On June 7, 2011 at 6:00pm Pacific; 9:00pm Eastern...my very special guest will be Ms. Ann Maurer. She started in purebred dogs in the early 50's showing her parents Irish Setters in Junior Showmanship. From there she progressed to the breed ring, finishing numerous champions. Ms Maurer began successfully evaluating Rottweiler litters for breeders in the mid-60's. She has traveled coast to coast critiquing litters for over 40 years. She was editor for the American Rottweiler Pictorials from 1976 - 1983, all of which are now out of print and highly collectible and co-edited the ARK newsletter for 7 years. .........................................
OPTIGEN researches and establishes DNA based diagnoses and information about inherited eye diseases of dogs. My guests today are; Dr. Gustavo Aguirre from the University of Pennsylvania and Sue Pearce-Kelling, Manager of Optigen. OPTIGEN, and are extensively field-tested in cooperation with breeders of dogs.
There are many types of cataracts but we are studying only 2 types at this time:
· One being, Bilateral, Posterior Subcapsular type that develops between 1.5 yrs and 3 yrs of age in the following breeds: Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Rottweilers, Bernese Mountain Dogs, and English Springer Spaniels
WHAT ABOUT JUVENILE CATARACTS IN THE ROTTWEILER...??
"At OPTIGEN, our only standard is excellence."
This highly emotional and controversial debates rages on. Friends have lost friends and acquaintances have become enemies. The middle east hasn't anything on those in the Rottweiler world!
This show will hopefully shed some light on this issue, by not picking sides, for there is only one side and that is this remarkable breed and its future.
My guests tonight are respected long time breeder and judges, representing different organzations, Mrs, Catherine Thompson representing the USA and Mr. Gerard O'Shea representing the FCI. Statements submitted for this show are from ADRK, AVMA, AAHA and others.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- in5d (40 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (36 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (25 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (23 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (22 chatters)
- Odwirafo (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (12 chatters)
- Curious Times (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (4 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (4 chatters)
- Kink E Magazine (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (2 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- New Colony Network (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)