SORT BY Relevancy
What is a Role Model? Seems like an easy answer -- someone that inspires you. But there may be more permutations than that, so we thought we'd explore it a little more deeply, starting off with perhaps the mother of all role models, Eleanor Roosevelt. I met Shannon Butler when she gave me a tour of Val-Kill, Mrs. Roosevelt's private home. I was inspired by Shannon's enthusiam, knowledge & apparent joy in imparting it. That gives us a glimpse into what a role model can do.
Shannon graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a degree in history and is pursuing that further at University at Albany. She has worked on all that while working as a National Park Ranger! She calls herself all all-American Hudson Valley girl.
Check out more HistoryChiQ.
Producer: Robert A. K. Gonyo of Go See a Show
Where does today's paucity of quality role models in the black community originate? How can we reverse this trend that has lead to many lost lives and disgusting statistics?
Join the discussionas one of our show favorites, Marquis Coates from Tools for Success Inc., returns!
For decades our society has fostered a “low view” of marriage and easy divorce. This series will not only enlarge your vision and understanding of matrimony, but it will deepen your understanding of the incredible love of Christ. This is exactly the kind of “high view” of marriage that is needed in the church and in our culture today!
If you want a role model to help you build a successful marriage, this discussion points you in the right direction. "The Covenant Marriage" examines the concept that God is our marriage role model as it explores the covenant He made with Abram and His descendants and how it relates to marriage.
Why Are Openly Gay Positive Role Models Important for Children?
Because some children, from a very early age may be aware that they are LGBT. For a child or young person growing up heterosexual there are many positive role models available. Gay people traditionally have tended to shy away from acting as role models, for fear of judgement or discrimination, despite this there are countless LGBT people world wide who act as positive role models in a variety of jobs and situations.
For any child or young person who has LGBT family, friends or may be questioning themselves, it is vital that they see their own lives reflected positively in both the school and the wider community.
WHERE ARE ALL THE ROLE MODELS??? In a time when the current goal of our youth is to appear on a reality show, marry a celebrity and so on; it is a great loss to have such a positive influence depart our society. In the light of our dearly d...eparted Maya Angelou, we will be discussing the lack of positive role models that exist for the children in our community. Tune in this Sunday as we discuss the diminishing state of our children's future.
Welcome to the SUPER SUNDAY edition of the Seriouside of the jrilshow. This morning we will discuss the following topics:
SEGMENT 1: I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL: In 1993, Charles Barkley utter these famous words during a NIKE commercial. Is he wrong? We will discuss
SEGMENT 2: BABYGATE? The Seattle Seahawk's Richard Sherman's wife is due to give birth any day now. If it happens on Superbowl Sunday, should he miss the game?
SEGMENT 3: DEJA VU: Bobbi Christina Brown was found unresponsive in a bath tub on Saturday January 31st almost two years after her famous mother was found in the same fashion. We will have the latest on this tragic story.
in Self Help
This Week on What's Right About Men? - Role models for men-are there any?
It has been hypothesized that individuals compare themselves with differing reference groups who occupy the social role to which an individual aspires. If this is true, who are today's role models? Why is it important for any of us to have a role model? And, are role models necessary?
Callers are welcome - We Want to Hear From Our Audience! Call in number: 1-347-205-9869.
And here's an idea - If you want to participate in the conversation, but cannot make it to the LIVE show, please email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Checking in with Joetta” is an interactive show that will provide informative conversations about topics such as health, education, finances, fitness, empowerment, sports, relationships, and motivational tactics. These topics will be discussed with business & financial leaders, educators, sports legends, entrepreneurs, health & wellness advocates and historical icons.
"Checking in with Joetta" will serve as a useful, informative and thought provoking resource for ALL adults, teens & children.
(646) 787-1680 to participate in the show.
Are you a role model? What do you want people to remember about you when your journery on earth is over? Are you walking for yourself or do you think about others?
Callers feel free to call in and share how your making changes in community .
Antoine Allen , flim maker check out his trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiwQFgC1ZhA&feature=youtu.be
Runnus Maximus second time on Rosa's Resources beauty chat radio. Runnus was shot and now he help youth turn their life around. Hear more by listening .......
To donate to the show www.rosasresources.biz
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (51 chatters)
- The Portal (26 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (9 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- PRN Positive Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (2 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Whisper nThunder (2 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Progress in the World (1 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- Roger Taylor (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Whi Radio (1 chatters)