SORT BY Relevancy
What is a Role Model? Seems like an easy answer -- someone that inspires you. But there may be more permutations than that, so we thought we'd explore it a little more deeply, starting off with perhaps the mother of all role models, Eleanor Roosevelt. I met Shannon Butler when she gave me a tour of Val-Kill, Mrs. Roosevelt's private home. I was inspired by Shannon's enthusiam, knowledge & apparent joy in imparting it. That gives us a glimpse into what a role model can do.
Shannon graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a degree in history and is pursuing that further at University at Albany. She has worked on all that while working as a National Park Ranger! She calls herself all all-American Hudson Valley girl.
Check out more HistoryChiQ.
Producer: Robert A. K. Gonyo of Go See a Show
There are so many social dynamics to creating and sustaining healthy and productive relationships, so how do you know that you're doing what you're suppose to do to ensure that those things are happening? Who sets those paramaters? On Wed, April 1st we will talk about knowing your role, and being able to define your role in relationships.
In romantic relationships, parenting, business, friendship etc, do you know your role, and how is your role defined? As a spouse, are you you playing your role? As a parent are you playing your role? As an employee/business person, are you playing your role? As a friend, are you playing your role? Are these roles defined by you or the people you're in these relationships with? Let's talk about it on Darryel's Daily Dialouge...."where positive words, manifest positve action."
Derrick Worsley grew up with a father in the Army, which acclimated him somewhat to the military lifestyle as a child. However, it was never consciously engrained that he would follow in his father’s footsteps, nor did he have an understanding of the sacrifices involved in participating in the military. When his attempts at college proved unfruitful, he found that he felt a calling to join in his father’s legacy and so enlisted in the army.
While in the army, Worsley served tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other foreign countries. It was there that he had to adapt to a variety of cultures. Worsley describes his Army experience as making him “whole” in a way that made him more mature, grounded, and responsible. It was in fact his leaders within the Army that inspired him to continue his education to what eventually constituted a Masters degree. That education was applied to entrepreneurship, which took the form of an online company, DCdiscountOutlet.com, LLC.
As an actor he is a host of DIY Network’s “I Want That” and a recurring role on ABC’s “Nashville.” Tyler Perry’s studio brought him in for “The Have and Havenots” and he’s also done a variety of commercial work with many other projects in the pipeline. Currently, he’s working behind the scenes on Plus Size Diva’s the Musical and Movie and will also portray the character of an arrogant businessman George Lamiry.
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (32 chatters)
- Straitway (22 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (20 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (11 chatters)
- Soul Sense (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Donny C (7 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (7 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (6 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (5 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (5 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (5 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (3 chatters)
- The DG Show (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (2 chatters)
- Lez Elegance Radio (1 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- TheWellnessCoach (1 chatters)
- So-Called Fantasy Experts (0 chatters)