SORT BY Relevancy
Listen 24/7 to Bob Calvert Founder of TalkingWithHeroes chat about some of the R4Alliance.org member organizations 2016 retreats, events, tours around the country for our Military, Veterans, Families, Caregivers. We hope to be at some of these to film at their events with interviews with their leaders, veterans and more. Please Share this with Military and Veterans and their Families.
More Info and Links at http://thankyouforyourservice.us/issue/january-2016/article/info-about-2016-r4alliance-recreation-therapy-retreats-rides-events-tours
Music by Lengwe - MushaMalumbo
52% grade 9 exam fail rate
Turning recreation parks in shopping malls
What do you know about Eritrea?
Magufuli over-reach or nationalist.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith - mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, plus, guest cohost Bobbi DePorter – Co-founder of SuperCamp Youth Academic Achievement Summer Camp, for Big Blend Radio, streaming live from Quantum Learning Network Conference Center in Oceanside, CA.
On This Episode:
- Family Fun in Yuma with Dustin Mylius of Yuma Visitors Bureau, Yuma, Arizona
- Run The Nation – Ultramarathon runner Lisa Smith Batchen talks about her quest to break the 36-year-old 3100 Hundred Mile Overall Coast-To- Coast Foot Speed Record while raising money for Grammy award winning artist Imagine Dragons’ public charity for pediatric cancer families, the Tyler Robinson Foundation.
- Designs to Color, a revision of Betty Schaffner’s top-selling adult coloring book series from the 60s, with Deborah Merriam
- Geography for Kids with E. Andrew Martonyi, author of the award-winning ‘Little Man in the Map’ book series.
Listen 24/7 anytime after 7:00pm MST on 6/4/2015 to
April Wolfe, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
City of Reno-Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
In October 2008, City of Reno Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) became a Paralympic Sport Club. With the support of US Paralympics, PRCS has been able to offer year-round adaptive recreation programming to include: wheelchair rugby, wheelchair basketball, boccia, goalball, adaptive cycling, Veteran programs, and our adaptive equipment rental program.
More Info at:
Two great guests for the price of 1! Celebrity Interviewer, Greg Archer, author of the Top 10 Best Seller Grace Revealed will be sharing his story about his families struggle through Stalin's occupation of Poland.
In the second half of the show, Jim O'Heir, star of the NBC hit comedy, Parks and Recreation, joins the show to talk about his life changing experiences on the show. Jim will also talk about his new movie he's raising money for on Kickstarter called MIDDLE MAN.
Click to buy Greg's Book and check out his website here!
Visit Jim O'Heir's Kickstarter Campaign for MIDDLE MAN by clicking here! Donate and get YOUR perks today!
When this is the case, the people who are involved need to be on the exact same page. On the surface it may be all about the rent, the note and the mortgage, but in reality, they may just be bums that are predatory.
This is the message that was sent out yesterday!!!!!
PLEASE BE ADVISED! THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL ARE TALKING ABOUT ELIMINATING ALL CITY RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, FOOTBALL, SOCCER, SENIOR CITIZENS PROGRAMS AND ETC
Last night at the City Council meeting there was an uproar from the residents of Paterson regarding the possilibility of funds for Recreation being cut, how is this even a thought? Paterson is over-run with violence and crime and cutting programs from recreation will only add to the problem. We don't have enough for our youth to do as it is and now the administration wants to add to the problem by taking what little is there and putting them out on the street with nothing to do.
“This is not a recreation issue, this is a human issue, this is an issue about the future of our city,” said Benji Wimberly. “This is not about football, basketball, and after school programs, it’s about our future.”
When youth lack recreation they will be often be “raising hell” on the streets, said Kenyatta Stewart. He said kids need recreational opportunities.
“I don’t think any council member will support any cuts in recreation,” said Morris. He said he does not want to be accused of cutting programs for city youths.
Councilman Kenneth Morris said putting $585,000 into the recreation budget will not be an easy task. Wimberly’s letter to the mayor and city council members requests half-million dollars to bring recreation funding to the same level it was 17 years ago.
And as usual......
Mayor Jose “Joey” Torres could not immediately be reached for comments; a message was left with his secretary.
This is a Black Arts and Culture Site.
1. San Francisco Arts Festival 2016 is May 19-June 5: Joining us are: Genny Lim (artist), Andrew Wood (Executive Director, SFIAF), Charlie Levin (artist), Jon Jang (artist). sfiaf.org
2. Alice Aziza Jefferson, Artistic Director of Sankofa Akili Dance Ensemble, speaks about the 2016 Spring Benefit, Apr. 30 at DeFremery Recreation Center, Lil Bobby Hutton Park, 1651 Adeline Street, in Oakland. She is first generation West Oaklander, Founder & Artistic Director of The Sankofa Akili Dance Ensemble. She founded the dance company in 1998 to pay tribute to the artistic legacy of her mentor Ms. Akili Denianke, under whom she studied at CSU-Hayward and elsewhere as a member of the Harambee Dance Ensemble. It is the mentorship of Ms. Denianke that she attributes the clarity she has attained regarding her life purpose. Info: 510-735-5150.
3. L. Peter Callender and Leontyne Mbele-Mbong join us to speak about ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA — which closes the African American Shakespeare Company 2015-16 season. Shakespeare’s epic love story — is set in modern day. Mark Antony has traded his power over an empire for the forbidden love of one woman, Cleopatra, the Queen of Egypt. Jealousy, betrayal, death, and war cannot refute their undying love for each other. With award winning actors L. Peter Callender and Leontyne Mbele-Mbong in the title roles of Mark Antony and Cleopatra. Visit http://www.african-americanshakes.org/productions/antony-and-cleopatra/
Hopalong Cassidy and the Haunted Gold Mine
For information on the background of the songs, Requests or contacting Curt Hahn, write to www.Facebook.com/s3productions2 or Forgotten Music on 78 records or email@example.com
Capitol Records (32117) Album CAS3166
11013 Side A
11014 Side B
William Boyd Hopalong Cassidy, Lucky –Rand Brooks Music by Van Alexander
Written by Charles Shows
William Lawrence Boyd (June 5, 1895 – September 12, 1972) was an American film actor known for portraying cowboy hero Hopalong Cassidy
The Superstition Mountains, popularly called "The Superstitions", are a range of mountains in Arizona located to the east of the Phoenix metropolitan area. They are anchored by Superstition Mountain, a large mountain that is a popular recreation destination for residents of the Phoenix, Arizona area.
Wednesday April 13, 2016 at 6:30 pm EST. EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL GUEST : Janice Pockett's sister Mary, speaks about Janice's disappearance from July 26, 1973. Janice Pockett has been missing for 43 years, what happened to Janice?
Recently a bench has been erected close to the location of Janice's abduction at Cross Farms Recreation. A Dedication of the memorial bench pictured here was done in 2013, 40 years after Janice's abduction.
Janice rode her green Murray bike to retreive a butterfly she had under a rock. Janice's bike was found at Anthony and Rhodes intersection not even a mile from her home.
Here on the Black Tee Radio show we have developed a new format, but we are still operating under our very found mission statement, and that is to serve as, the radio show, "For the People, By the People." We will discuss concerning issues in the local Mobile, Alabama business and residential area. Tune in to hear a show of its own kind... The people have a voice. The people should use their voice. We have, freedom of speech, don't we? Call in to speak with the host, listen via iTunes podcast from your computer/iphone, or listen online at blogtalk radio.
WITH NATURE AND WITH GODThe Saviour's life on earth was a life of communion with nature and with God. In this communion He revealed for us the secret of a life of power
During His ministry He was continually pursued by crafty and hypocritical men who were seeking His life. Spies wereon His track, watching His words, to find some occasion against Him. The keenest and most highly cultured minds of the nation sought to defeat Him in controversy. But never could they gain an advantage. They had to retire from the field, confounded and put to shame by the lowly Teacher from Galilee. Christ's teaching had a freshness and a power such as men had never before known. Even His enemies were forced to confess, "Never man spake like this Man." John 7:46.The childhood of Jesus, spent in poverty, had been uncorrupted by the artificial habits of a corrupt age. Working at the carpenter's bench, bearing the burdens of home life, learning the lessons of obedience and toil, He found recreation amidst the scenes of nature, gathering knowledge as He sought to understand nature's mysteries. He studied the word of God, and His hours of greatest happiness were found when He could turn aside from the scene of His labors to go into the fields, to meditate in the quiet valleys, to hold communion with God on the mountainside or amid the trees of the forest. The early morning often found Him in some secluded place, meditating, searching the Scriptures, or in prayer. With the voice of singing He welcomed the morning light. With songs of thanksgiving He cheered His hours of labor and brought heaven's gladness to the toilworn and disheartened.During His ministry Jesus lived to a great degree an outdoor life. His journeys from place to place were made on foot, and much of His teaching was given in the open air. In training His disci