SORT BY Relevancy
Last week I wrote an essay called "Graspers of Straws." It spoke to the perils of burn out, of feeling ineffective and isolated, something many of us on the far-left have felt.
I'm going to discuss that "meta" of activism tonight, framed by recent events in the news.
It is disheartening, but of utmost importance that we continue to report the under-reported news. The story of the whole year last year, The Gulf is now never mentioned. Health Care has become a bitter yet fully swallowed pill we have given up on. Fukushima is a melt-through Global disaster, yet nano-seconds are given it by a press more worried about a cloaked Weiner. The kabuki of (s)elections arises, and STILL no serious new party challenge has come from the Left.
Golly. I feel rantage coming on, don't you? Join me in the rant, join me in the fight, join me in reenergizing one another.
Stevens and Stupak; Guantanamo Sacrificial Innocent Lambs; Obama's Capital Punishment w/o trial orders, Israeli Refusniks (or refusenukes?) and last but not least?
Murder by Rape.... its not just for Catholics anymore: The Muslim world in Yemen vies for putridity with the Pope. (with special rantage by our own Elian Maricon!)
Join Host Live Chats
- cathies DistantEchos (13 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (6 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (6 chatters)
- VernonHale (5 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers Book Club (3 chatters)
- 1YAHFearingMan EstX1969 (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Entrepreneur Conversations (1 chatters)
- Straight Talk with Red Hawk (1 chatters)
- The Conservative Cauldron (1 chatters)
- Let Me Tell You About My Jesus (1 chatters)
- WHYT Radio (1 chatters)