SORT BY Relevancy
This week's APRHF's Let's Talk Trains show will focus on St. Louis's little known railroads. ShuttletrainTED will talk with the Wabash, Frisco and Pacific in Glencoe, Missouri, the St. Louis Live Steamers in Eureka, Missouri, the St. Louis Zooline Railroad in the world's third best zoo, St. Louis Zoo, even the Six Flags Railroad staff may stop by. ShuttletrainTED will visit with Operation Lifesaver representatives about their current campaign in reducing train accidents and
Join us for this historic event. ShuttletrainTED has worked with the US National Park Service to bring together five of the National Parks that have railroad as a part of their parks. We will learn about the history of the railroads in the US National Parks, and current offerings at the parks as well as what the future holds for these US National Parks. Join ShuttletrainTED, Live from Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA. You can also participate in the chatroom during the show at:
Mitch Markovitz was Bob and Elizabeth's guest in 2010 when we had a series on railroad artists. Now Mitch joins us again to talk about his railroad career which included working for the Chicago and North Western, Milwaukee Road and South Shore Line.
Please join us at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern at (646) 716-7106, on the web at http://www.letstalktrains.com or in the chat room at http://www.letstalktrains.com/chat.
The unofficial end of summer and the schools are back in session., that means only one thing. It's time for the quarterly update. That's right, this week's show we will catch up with some past guests on that has happened since we lasst talkt to them. Join us and find the who, what and where......BIg Hint: one of the guest will be from AMTRAK. Don't forget that the Let's Talk Trains program will planning shows soon for next season, so head over to our facebook page and send us your suggestions, We had some great ones this past season.
The Arborway, T.T. & Northwestern Railroad near Steelville, Mo., is one of the largest private miniature railroads in North America. The ATT&NW is considered a "Grand Scale" railroad. The rails are spaced 15" apart, and everything is about a third actual size, but the technology and engineering are the same as "real" railroads. The freight cars, all equipped with air brakes and hand brakes just like their full-size prototype, can each weigh as much as a big motorcycle or a small car, and the railroad's largest locomotive weighs about ten tons. As a result, operations are undertaken under the guidance of railroad rulebooks with "Safety First" as the theme of all activity. The "crown jewel" of the ATT&NW is steam locomotive #801, a 4-8-4 "Northern" class locomotive. The ATT&NW has about 5 miles of track on the ground; the main line run is around 3- 5/8 miles long, most of it on a 2% up or down grade. The railroad features a spectacular single- and double-track main line graded to actual railroad specifications, two tunnels, one wood bridge. We will visit the vision of the late St
Skip Waters is in Northwest Arkansas this week chasing Alcos on the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad and will broadcast the "Lets Talk Trains" show from the depot in Van Buren, Arkansas. Hear how the chase is going along with the latest on news when A&M Railroad expects to receive new SD70ACes. We will also hear from Brenda Rouse, A&M Pasenger Train Operations Manager and what riding the A&M Railroad experience is all about. Other guests include Gerald Hook of Russellville, Arkansas who will share some Arkansas Rail History and we hope to hear from a member of the Fort Smith Tolley Museum as well. A pack show is line up for you to hear this week... please join us!
This week the Let's Talk Trains Show arrives in Topeka, Kansas to take part in their Railroad Festival. The Let's Talk Trains crew will be broadcasting live from the festival. We will hear about Topeka railroading then and now. We find out how Topeka was put on the map by the railroads. How the railroads help the town today. Find out about the Great Overland Station and it's Railroad Festival.
This week, Let's Talk Trains examines the rif between truck traffic and railroads. Why railroads intermodel freight has dropped except for overseas imports. We want everyone to call in, during the live show, at 646-716-7106, with their observations. Why shippers are flocking to trucks for cross-country deliveries.
The limits of your ambition were, thus, expected to be set forever. You were born into a society which spelled out with brutal clarity, and in as many ways as possible, that you were a worthless human being.
You were not expected to aspire to excellence: you were expected to make peace with mediocrity. Wherever you have turned, James, in your short time on this earth , you have been told where you could go and what you could do (and how you could do it) and where you could do it and whom you could marry. I know that your countrymen do not agree with me about this, and I hear them saying “You exaggerate.”
Know whence you came. If you know whence your came, there is really no limit to where you can go. The details and symbols of your life have been deliberately constructed to make you believe what white people say about you. Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and cause you to endure, does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity and fear.
And if the word integration means anything, this is what it means: that we, with love, shall force our brothers to see themselves as they are, to cease fleeing from reality and begin to change it. For this is your home, my friend, do not be driven from it; great men have done great things here, and will again, and we can make America what America must become.
It will be hard, James, but you come from sturdy, peasant stock, men who picked cotton and dammed rivers and built railroads, and in the teeth of the most terrifying odds, achieved and unassailable and monumental dignity. You come from a long line of poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, The very time I thought I was lost, My dungeon shook and my chains fell off. BALDWIN
Elrond Lawrence is today's guest on the Let's Talk Trains Show. Bob will talk with hin about Califronai railroading, his involvement with the NRHS, and his interests in the rapidly disappearing Southern Pacific and Santa Fe signals as well as the Salton Sea and the Sunset Route.
This show was pre-recorded on June 27th so we will not be taking calls, howver, the show can be heard at http://www.letstalktrains.com or in the chat room.
It can also be heard at Elrond's website http://www.66rails.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- The Audible (20 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (20 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (18 chatters)
- Love Productions (16 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (13 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Enfinity 1 Wrestling (10 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (9 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (8 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (7 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (7 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (5 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (5 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (4 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (4 chatters)
- VOICE OF REASON at FMSM (4 chatters)
- RHeart (4 chatters)
- The Great Model Showcase (3 chatters)
- Kiler Davenport Live (3 chatters)
- Free Kasamba Advisor Chat (3 chatters)
- BeardsG3 (3 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Finishers Wanted (2 chatters)
- Inside Connection Radio (2 chatters)
- Lady Don (2 chatters)
- 2Raw4TV (2 chatters)
- Living Aligned Radio (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Michael Jaegers (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Shay Star Radio (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- stern74 (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Motor Mouth Mosley Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Darknight Asylum Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Mark Todd (1 chatters)
- poorbiker (1 chatters)
- ProphetCain (1 chatters)
- Radio PI (1 chatters)
- Venus In Velvet (1 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (1 chatters)
- Voices United Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wild World (1 chatters)
- Your Ascension starts NOW (1 chatters)
- Money on Your Terms (1 chatters)
- NexxLegacy (1 chatters)
- Ninja Scroll (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Marada Radio (1 chatters)
- Live with Jonathan Moody (1 chatters)
- Kali Willows (1 chatters)
- Ken Pettigrew Show (1 chatters)
- Its a Miraculous Universe (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (1 chatters)
- WVIPW (0 chatters)