SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
TwinSpires' Derek Simon analyzes last weekend's big stakes races at Belmont Park, along with Shared Belief's scintillating score in the Los Alamitos Derby.
In the U. of Bet/handicapping/racing history segment he discusses "Picking Winners with Systology," as well as the "Racing Maxims and Methods of 'Pittsburg Phil.'"
What a weekend!
Chrome got hurt.
Coburn spewed stupidity.
Coburn refused to apologize.
And the beat goes on...
Tune in tonight--June 9, 2014--or check out the archives after the show. You KNOW that I have something to say in my own adorable, snarky way, about the the events of this past week.
In the News & Notes segment, host Derek Simon and Ed DeRosa of Brisnet.com take an early look at the Eclipse Awards. Then, in a special Racing History segment, Derek discusses the 1968 Kentucky Derby and the controversial disqualification of Dancer’s Image.
Lastly, in the Handicapping segment, Derek and Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Dave Schwartz chat about figures that lie and liars that figure — or something like that.
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
In the News & Notes segment, host Derek Simon discusses "How genetics can create the next superstar racehorse" and relates it to handicapping.
In the U. of Bet segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz and Derek break down class — can it be quantified and how?
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
Chris “The Dark Horse” Sorenson subs for Ed “The Absent” DeRosa and in the News & Notes segment and chats with host Derek Simon about the Triple Crown run, “fixing” horse racing and other fun stuff.
In the U. of Bet/Handicapping segment, race caller Jonathan Horowitz of Arapahoe Park stops by to discuss life as a track announcer, Arabian racing and the growth of the Sport of Kings in Colorado.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (141 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (62 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (45 chatters)
- NTEB (42 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (29 chatters)
- HOV Radio (28 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (17 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (15 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (13 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (12 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (11 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (10 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (8 chatters)
- Carbon Radio (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (6 chatters)
- Ms Blue (5 chatters)
- NDB Media (5 chatters)
- amyalkon (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (4 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (3 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (2 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- PWP Radio (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (2 chatters)
- GodKiller (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Str8 Ruthless (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Trans4mational Conversations (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (0 chatters)