SORT BY Relevancy
Join Dr. Culbreth for Racial Identity and a Colorblind Society.
The right to self-identify
Denying ancestry and heritage
“I am not African American I am an American”
African American or Black American
Historical view of “African American”
When racial categories offend
A Colorblind Society?
Join A.Raquel, Mahoghani Dawn and Ray Cornelius on TONIGHT, October 21 at 7pm EST for another edition of The Conversation Cafe™ as they discuss the latest news and entertainment topics of the day during their “Keeping You In the Know” segment and In the second half of the show A.Raquel and Mahoghani Dawn will have an open discussion about “Post Racial America and Whether or Not You Respond to Racism”. Tune in to join the conversation at 773-897-3986.
Follow Ray Cornelius on Facebook: facebook.com/Ray-Cornelius Twitter: @RayCornelius75 Instagram:instagram.com/raycornelius.
Follow The Conversation Cafe™ on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: @TheConvoCafe or visit our website www.theconvocafe.com.
To see the video of the clip "Dear White People" Trailer #2 go to http://youtu.be/Qm6HeK1dyAY or to see the clip of Hey White People: A Kinda Awkward Note to America by #Ferguson Kids by FCKH8.com http://youtu.be/KQfg52m0-4o .
The views, opinions and conclusions expressed on The Conversation Café™ are those of the guests and callers, and are not necessarily those of this show, its producers, hosts or any of its affiliate. These shows are for entertainment, educational and informational purposes only. If you have comments or suggestions about this program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is conscious radio for conscious people. "Remember…where there’s no dialogue, there’s no conversation!”
On this episode the host, Denisha M and cohost Candace Simpson discuss Ferguson, Police brutality, murder, mass incarceration and harassment. Listen in as the hosts dissect the notion of post racial America and talk about differences in police interactions between minorities.
Topics for the show include:
Are black citizens protected under law? What prohibits protection for persons of color?
Police brutality, murder, mass incarceration and harassment--- who is affected, is this an issue and why? Discussion of Ezell ford, Ramarley Graham, Amadou Diallo, Alan Bluford, Michael Brown, Oscar Grant, Kimani Gray, Mohamed Bah, Sean Bell, Eric Garner etc
What is the problem with people wanting to ignore racial issues?
Is there a desensitization to black and minority issues?
Prediction and foretelling of Ferguson over the next months as they wait for a grand jury decision and arrest.
Vonderitt Myers. Will this affect the tensions in the next few months? Is this a different situation. Can we be upset for this killing as well?
What can be done in America to truly move past race? Is it possible?
Originally aired 11/2011
From Facing Race 2008's Plenary 3, held on Saturday, November 15. The Compact for Racial Justice offers concrete strategies and policy proposals to reverse racial disparities and move our society towards full equity, inclusion and dignity for all people. The Compact transcends talk of personal prejudice with compelling evidence of institutional racism and realistic proactive solutions. It seeks to engage a broad multiracial base of activists, opinion leaders and policymakers in making government and powerful institutions accountable for eliminating racial inequality in our schools, hospitals, courtrooms and workplaces.
Moderator: Tammy Johnson, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
LeeAnn Hall, Northwest Federation of Community Organizers http://nwfco.org/
John Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education http://www.schottfoundation.org
Andrea Batista Schlesinger, Drum Major Institute http://www.drummajorinstitute.org
Karin M. Wang, Asian Pacific American Legal Center http://www.apalc.org/
Rinku Sen: Locating Justice
The NFL officials are making it crystal clear to teams this week that gay slurs will not be tolerated on the field. While officials have had the ability to determine various actions "unsportsmanlike conduct," this new policy makes those slurs explicitly against the rule and punishable with a 15-yard penalty. Yet other leagues suspend players for the same incident. Is a 15-yard penalty in football enough?
Plus, the Gay Games kick off next week. Outsports will be there covering the Games from Cleveland all week. We reminisce about some of our favorite Gay Games memories and invite you to share yours!
STIMULATING, INTELLECTUAL & THOUGHT PROVOKING conversation tonight (8pm EST). Log on to www.blogtalkradio.com/hipolitix. We will talk to Dr. Ada Fisher (RNC National Committeewoman) about the GOP outreach to minorities. We will also have a conversation with F. Michael Higginbotham, the Wilson H. Elkins Professor of Law and the former Interim Dean at the University of Baltimore School of Law. He teaches courses on Constitutional Law and Race and the Law. He is the author of the book, "Ghosts of Jim Crow". We will discuss the resignation of Atty. General Eric Holder and ending racism in post-racial America.
Call in Line: 805-292-0337
BLACK SKIN, WHITE SKIN, BROWN SKIN, PINK SKIN... what is your Race.. How does it impact your priviledge.. Does it give priviledge or is it just fantasy..
BLACKS HATING ON LIGHT SKIN? REALLY IS THIS STILL REAL... AND BLACKS HATING ON BROWN PEOPLE...
Racial profiling is a practice that presents a great danger to the fundamental principles of our Constitution. Racial profiling disproportionately targets people of color for investigation and enforcement, alienating communities from law enforcement, hindering community policing efforts, and causing law enforcement to lose credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. We rely on the police to protect us from harm and to promote fairness and justice in our communities. The despicable practice of racial profiling, however, has led countless people to live in fear and created a system of law enforcement that casts entire communities as suspect.
Racial profiling continues to be a prevalent and egregious form of discrimination in the United States. This unjustifiable practice remains a stain on American democracy and an affront to the promise of racial equality. Since September 11, 2001, new forms of racial profiling have affected a growing number of people of color in the U.S., including members of Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities. The Obama administration has inherited a shameful legacy of racial profiling codified in official FBI guidelines and a notorious registration program that treats Arabs and Muslims as suspects and denies them the presumption of innocence and equal protection under the law.
The Red Light Sports Network presents the Saturday Red Light Rant. Evan and Troy take on the much talked about proposed rule by the NFL that would enforce a 15 yard penalty for the use of racial slurs. Sit back enjoy the show on a beautiful Saturday Morning.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (105 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (23 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (23 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (20 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (16 chatters)
- in5d (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- RCRadio (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (4 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Aimee Montgomery Min (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- MMAPowertalk (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (2 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- FantasyTrade411 Radio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Whats Brewin (0 chatters)