SORT BY Relevancy
Does it seem like racism in America has increased since the election of Barak Obama as President of the United States in 2008? Well, it certainly seems so. What is it like to be Black in today's "post- racial" America? We'll be discussing that and more today, along with some awesome political poetry pieces on Eddie Caine Radio.
(NOTE: Today’s March 22, 2015 is a prerecorded repeat show on racial images in worship)
Imam W. Deen Mohammed gave us C.R.A.I.D. early in his leadership (circa 1978) and it was quite effective. C.R.A.I.D. is an acronym for “COMMITTEE for the REMOVAL of ALL IMAGES that attempt to portray the DIVINE”.
There is Facebook discussion on racial images in worship. This noble effort is investigating the best methods for reviving CRAID. What do you think about C.R.A.I.D. in today’s world?
Another Facebook group I manage is titled "GIVE GOD NO COLOR." (https://m.facebook.com/groups/136138373208123)
It has been widely received and opened the following exchange:
Last winter one of our Focolare friends shared with me a beautiful report. While planning for their annual "Day of Christian Unity" the company that supplies the artwork for this special day sent them a very; as she described it, "a very white American looking image of Jesus." However due to her being a part of our FB group "GIVE GOD NO COLOR" and her love for our concern she called the supply company and told them that they could not accept such an image or any racial depictions. This is very significant. We thank Allah for bringing Imam W. Deen Mohammed and the blessed lady Chiara Lubrich and their respective communities together as ONE! This is a way to advance the message of C.R.A.I.D. to an audience that we could probably never reach.
Join WORDS MAKE PEOPLE on Sunday March 22, 2015 as we discuss C.R.A.I.D; its history and relevancy today. (NOTE: This is a prerecorded repeat show)
Christian Laettner recently opened up about the pain he felt hearing gay slurs hurled at him while he was at Duke. The former national college player of the year was bombarded with the slurs as he led the Blue Devils to two NCAA titles. Derrick Gordon, the gay baller for UMass, on the other hand has not heard any of these slurs. Times have changed for sure, and the impact of Gordon actually being gay also plays a roll.
It's the role that a gay friend had in the life of Oklahoma Sooners linebacker Eric Striker, who said he has learned acceptance from having a gay person in his life. We talk about all of this - how acceptance is built by the presence of LGBT people in the lives of athletes and fans.
Today's episode is brought to you by AT&T. Mobilizing Your World.
On The Healing Room this week, we're taking a look at racial differences. Those differences are old, they are cold and they are vast. But we have the love in our hearts that can melt the ice, if we allow it.
We will discuss the teaching of Martin Luther King, Jr., as a reminder that he was not a man driven by racial differences, he was driven by a passion for Christ. He was driven by truth. Let's look back for just a moment and rekindle that passion for Christ that can heal our hearts, our church and our nation. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Visit us at Spiritual Health Source.
Get Connected for updates on Facebook or Twitter.
Learn more about Janiece C. Andrews, M.D.
Its March Madness as Mr. Midnight Movie and Jewish Producer make a appearance on Blog Talk Radio. Tonight the topic is Racial Profiling is it really a problem in Ferguson - is it hype or reality ? Is this a pervision of justice of reality through the department of Justice. Are they being verbose ? If this is true what are the implications for America ? With Eric Holder insisting that the burden of proof be lowered for civil rights cases, what does this mean for you the average Joe in the coastal states ? How much will this cost the average American. Have a opinion - call in at 646 716 7259. The orginal number - the orginal arguement. Speak up, Be Heard and Take Action.
Mr. Midnight Movie You Tube Channel :
Prompted by recent issues in the news involving race and violence, Teen Talk explores the state of racial inequality in the United States. Hosts Dana, Domy, Kyla, and Yanira discuss this along with how the public thinks about racial issues and how to respectfully disagree with someone whose views oppose your own. Our guest is retired Syracuse City Judge Langston McKinney.
*The views and opinions expressed in this program belong solely to the hosts and guest. They do not reflect the views and opinions of the Teen Talk program or Contact Community Services.
Help STOP Racial Profiling - ACTION WE NEED TO TAKE!
Correcting The System of Unequal Justice is BACK for its 1st LIVE show of 2015!
Join Gerald E. Rose, his New Order National Human Rights team and Danilo Ignacio of The Mediahandlers Group as they tackle this week's topics, Racial Profiling & Body Cameras.
Call In - SOUND Off by calling in at 718-664-6543!
Racial Profiling -- The consideration of race, ethnicity, or national origin by an officer of the law in deciding when and how to intervene in an enforcement capacity.
1. African-Americans comprise 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
2. Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of the white people stopped.
3. After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
4. In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
5. In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.
SOUND OFF -- Sign>>> S. 1038 (113th): End Racial Profiling Act of 2013
Kyle speaks to Victor Thorn and Dave Gahary about America's Racial Powder Keg, a book that examines the controversial topic of race in the United States without the constraints of political correctness. This show, like the book, will cover topics from the founding of the country all the way up to recent events, demonstrating how race hustlers have distorted history, misrepresented facts, and outried lied in order to create an environment in which anti-White sentiment and violence is exploding. Can the situation be defused before America descends into an all-out race war?
Dr. Katrina D. Thompson will discuss the origins of American entertainment from her book Ring Shout, Wheel About: The Racial Politics of Music and Dance in North American Slavery.
Today's episode is brought to you by AT&T. Mobilizing Your World.
The first openly gay Division I college basketball player, Derrick Gordon of the University of Massachusetts, has completed his first regular season and we observe the treatment he has received from fans. Or rather, the lack of anything negative to him being gay. It destroys the myth that fans would hate an openly gay athlete.
We then move on to whether Satan is guiding NFL teams to support gay marriage. That's the claim made by former New England Patriots player Craig James this week.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (474 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (60 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (58 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (13 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- New Edge Radio (12 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- ShadySykes (4 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (4 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (4 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (2 chatters)
- American Chaos (2 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Islamic House of Israel (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- Hooked On Hauntings Radio (2 chatters)
- Life Readings Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk with Benson (1 chatters)