SORT BY Relevancy
Hello everyone it's your favorite Urban Fiction News Hosts K.C. Baylor and Santiago. We're here with another great topic, Agents, Editors and Publishers: Are they Necessary? The World Wide Web has opened up the world of publishing to just about everyone. Leaving industry insiders who were once the gatekeepers with a shaky future. We're here to discuss the necessity of these professionals.
We also have a very special guest the talented and awesome Ms. Aija Butler of AMB Branding. She's more than a graphic designer she's a beast at making some of the best covers around. She'll be on at 6:30 pm EST so stay tuned for her also.
If you'd like to ask a question, leave a comment or shout someone out give us a call @ 347-989-0235 and don't forget to
Follow for more Urban Fiction News, Reviews and Resources!!!
Big Publishers: Can the Spanish Armada transform into the British Fleet?
Can big publishers change enough to address how today’s students learn, educator’s teach, and shifting business models associated with both? In the US textbook market we have three very large players. Big publishers have process, coordination, and business accountability issues which are far less of a hindrance to smaller organizations. The result is that larger organizations can’t change quickly. While all publishers are concerned with make quarterly numbers and hitting academic deadlines a large corporate infrastructure while necessary for a large organization limits the ability of that organization to adapt to market demands.
How does the move from print to digital look different for large publishers versus smaller organizations? Schools continue to adopt instructional resources and either ask that the electronic version be included with the print, ask for a class set of print and a digital version for students, or only want the digital version… sometimes only a few chapters! We will discuss how publishers, small and large, can make it through this morass and emerge successfully in a digital first world. We’ll touch on tools and technical standards that can ease this transition.
Take a seat at as guests take a bite out of questions like:
What role are big publishers playing in the future?
What opportunities does this leave for smaller organizations?
Is it sustainable to provide both print and digital assets?
Is it the job of the publisher to lead innovation or to reflect innovation and change?
1.Jaume Barceló, Director, Vicens Vives
2.Dick Casabonne, CEO, Cassabonne Associates
3.Dan Caton, President, Wittel/Morris Strategic Consulting
MINDSET MANAGEMENT MONDAY 11
LIFE GOES ON - WRITE ABOUT IT
Valerie J Lewis Coleman - Write About it - How-tos
Please join Marsha Cook on June 18 th at 3PM CST 4 PM EST 2PM MT 1PM PST when she welcomes Julie Powers Schoerke from JKS Communications,. Julie is a public relations expert with 30 years experience who specializes in developing winning book publicity campaigns for authors and publishers.
JKS Communications is a full-service literary publicity firm that represents some of the finest publishers, authors and books around the world. Their team consists of professionals who specialize in media relations, new-model book tours, social networking, online visibility, book trailer production and website development specifically for the book publishing industry.
JKS BRINGS YOUR BOOK TO LIFE Website http://www.jkscommunications.com/
Reach Marsha or Virginia - http://www.michiganavenuemedia.com http://www.worldofinknetwork.com
Join Chuck as he joins Author Shawn Robbins
Shawn Robbins Biography
Shawn Robbins, noted author/psychic and paranormal researcher has been ranked one of the top ten psychics in the world. She was a special consultant for the New York City Police Department, (murder and white collar crime cases) United States Navy, (psychic spying) and numerous leading corporations.
She is an expert in the field of mystical, spiritual and psychic sciences, having lectured extensively on these subjects throughout her career.
Shawn was one of the first three original psychics in the CIA Stargate program trained to spy on the Russian Government. Her code name was Madame Zodiac.
Shawn is the author of four highly successful books, including the newly released hard back edition Wiccapedia, (Sterling Publishers) now in its second printing, as well as “Shawn Robbins Prophecies For The End Of Time,” (Avon Publishers) “More Prophecies For The Coming Millennium.” (Avon Publishers) ,and “Ahead Of Myself,” (Prentice Hall).
Her recent 2015 predictions just appeared in the Examiner newspaper.
Shawn Robbins main mission in life is to inspire and empower people to become the best that they can be - by using their innate psychic powers to take charge of their destiny!
If you haven't heard Amazon is implementing new payout changes starting July 1st. This will primarily affect those publishers and self-publishers who are using the kindle select option. If you are not in the loop you may find your monthly royalty going down. FInd out how you will be affected by the change. Give us a call with questions and comments or even a shout out @ 347-989-0235
If you're an author and would like to be featured contact us at www.urbanfictionnews.com
Remember to Follow for more Urban Fiction News, Reviews, Resources.
MARCUS .J STARTS BLOG TALK SHOW FOR UPCOMING ARTIST & PUBLISHERS COMING UP IN THE BUSINESS. MARCUS WILL COVER THE TOPICS OF ARTISTS [RELATIONSHIP STATUS , CAREER , NEW SINGLE , MUSIC VIDEO'S & ECT] ©GetNoSleepMafia LISTEN TO LIVE INTERVIEW ON NOW www.MarcusJRadioShow.com/Blogtalkradio
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagnes Sundays show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Marc Platt – Publisher of "How The Beatles Did It!", a user-friendly guide and multi-media pop gallery that focuses on who influenced The Beatles to write their massive catalog in just an eight-year span. The Pop Gallery also features 14 Audio Notebooks and 12 Special "Deconstructing Videos".
- Guitarist and producer Micha Schellhaas talks about his upcoming new album that he is recording with producer Carl Verheyen, keyboardist Jim Cox, bass player Dave Marotta, and drummer Chad Wackerman.
- Chef Jeremy Manley ‘San Diego’s Sustainable Chef’ of Jeremy’s on the Hill California Style Bistro, shares a summer recipe.
- Dr. Gretchen Schoeffler - Emergency and critical care veterinarian with the Cornell University Hospital for Animals
Source Nation! Join us today for Indie Soul Saturdays and 2 amazing guests.
2:15 Sharon Musgrave
Join us as we welcome Jazz Vocalist Indie Artist, Sharon Musgrave into the studio to share her amazing music and upcoming projects.
Sharon Musgrave is not only an entertainer, she is a perfect example why her genre is flourishing to the top! It's not only about the beatz, it's about soul music that comes from the heart and rhythm that can be felt among the masses. Sharon Musgrave is not your average vocalist she is a true heart felt performer that knows how to bring it!
3:15 Jay Semko
Jay Semko is a singer/songwriter and bassist with Canadian band, The Northern Pikes. He is also a music composer for numerous film and television productions, most notably the successful Canadian television series Due South Semko has been nominated for a Juno Award eight times as a member of the Northern Pikes, and also been nominated twice for a Gemini Award and received two awards from the Canadian Music Publishers Association for his songwriting.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Billboard charting singer-songwriter Margo Rey discusses her new single “Never2Late” that she co-wrote and recorded with John Oates.
- Photographer and journalist Cynthia Carris Alonso talks about her new photo book, PASSAGE TO CUBA.
- Wayne Miller, a Krav Maga Worldwide Lead Instructor and a third degree black belt, will share self-defense tips for traveling women.
The Story Blender is a new show brought to you by Suspense Radio and hosted by Author Steven James and Jose Castillo. Fans, readers and of course authors should all be listening to this show.
Steven James is a critically acclaimed novelist and author of more than thirty books of fiction and nonfiction. He has a Master’s Degree in Storytelling, serves as a contributing editor for Writer’s Digest Magazine, and has taught writing and creative storytelling around the world. Publishers Weekly calls him "[A] master storyteller at the peak of his game.” His thriller, The Bishop, was Suspense Magazine’s Book of the Year.
When he’s not traveling and speaking he likes watching science fiction movies, trail running, and eating chicken fajitas—although not necessarily all at the same time.
Jose Castillo is a creativity consultant, blogger, radio personality, author, entrepreneur, web guru, conference speaker, dad, and salsa maker extraordinaire.
Jim Rubart - Author, Speaker and Radio Personality
Looking for ways to jump start your story? Join us as a critically-acclaimed, bestselling inspirational author takes us into his studio and unpacks how to keep asking “what if?” to uncover the story, layer by layer—without an outline.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (46 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (30 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (9 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Ancestor Healing Chronicles (4 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- AaronMichael (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- Universal Energy (1 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (0 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (0 chatters)