SORT BY Relevancy
On tonites show I gonnq play an old classic protest song, and talk about it, Then I will speak with up and coming Artist, and Muscian Justin Harper who will give so me lyrics of a new song he is writing and compare the two.Tonite at 6:30pm eastern time on www.blogtalkradio.com/patriotnation
This week, we’re going to unwind a little with a musical interlude. We’ll be talking about some of the great ‘protest songs’ that became anthems of liberty during the otherwise bleak ‘American Century’, inspiring many with hope for Truth and Justice.
What makes a ‘protest song’ anyway? We’ll also be talking about some lesser known music that didn’t quite ‘make it’, but nevertheless struck a powerful chord with some because they record a truer version of history the victors would prefer we forget.
We’re going to be joined by Tim Trepanier, singer-songwriter and travelling troubadour from the prairie lands of Canada. Lead singer and guitarist for folk band Relic, we might even convince Tim to play a couple of his tunes for us live on air!
Join us this Sunday February 16th from 8-10pm EST (11am-1pm PST / 8-10pm CET) as we reel in the years with a jig and tune.
Protest and resistance have been grassroots tools that communities use to create systemic change. Today, protests in education are demanding common-sense approaches to education and education reform. Students, parents and families, teachers are banding together in cities across the country in protest of, among other things, school discipline policies and practices, teacher evaluation rubrics, and standardized tests.
My guest, Jesse Hagopian, is a history teacher at Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington. Jesse recently organized his fellow teachers at Garfield and other Seattle schools and refused to administer the state standardized test, the MAP (Measures of Academic Progress). This boycott has led to several other local efforts to resist the national push to test public-school students, rather than provide meaningful, teacher-developed assessment. Jesse will talk to us about the MAP boycott and about how it fits in the larger picture of resistance and protest in education.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and non-profit organizations to create education equity plans and promote equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
This episode, I got a chance to chat with the guys from Pinata Protest about their musical influences, their upcoming tour, and their favorite things about their fans. Featuring their cover of Volver, Volver Copyright - Pinata Protest, Saustex Media. Special thanks to Faith Radle.
The Power of Positive Prophecy is the next book Coaches Greg Reich and Kim Skaggs will be reviewing in Path Community. Why is prophecy so important to human beings? It has been said that we are the only species on earth that can exist in the present while simultaneously worrying about the future. Laurie Beth Jones defines prophecy as: any word or action that influences an outcome. Words and actions are the true tools of prophets and they are available to all of us. While some people choose to focus on events which are prophesied, we will be focusing on prophecies that shape people, because ultimately, it is people who shape events.The true spirit of prophecy is not about predicting cataclysmic events. Even Jesus said no one knows when the end will come, and for every heavenly sign and wonder that someone correctly interprets, thousands more pass by without being noticed. The true spirit of prophecy is encouraging the people around us to see themselves as God sees them - in light and love and power. Prophecy is not only knowing the mind of God - but also knowing our mind - how it works - what it believes - what it is consciously and subconsciously pulling us toward. Join Greg and Kim this summer as they walk through the fascinating study of the power of prophesy.Join the show this week as we continue discussion on the Power of Positive Prophecy looking at the Prophecy of Culture and the Prophecy of Protest and how they provide an opportunity for influencing others along their path.
Join Host Live Chats
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (60 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (11 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (10 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (10 chatters)
- BeverlyD (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (7 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (7 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- HealingMom (4 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Speed 77 Radio (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- 63489 (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- The Christian View (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (0 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (0 chatters)