SORT BY Relevancy
On tonites show I gonnq play an old classic protest song, and talk about it, Then I will speak with up and coming Artist, and Muscian Justin Harper who will give so me lyrics of a new song he is writing and compare the two.Tonite at 6:30pm eastern time on www.blogtalkradio.com/patriotnation
This week, we’re going to unwind a little with a musical interlude. We’ll be talking about some of the great ‘protest songs’ that became anthems of liberty during the otherwise bleak ‘American Century’, inspiring many with hope for Truth and Justice.
What makes a ‘protest song’ anyway? We’ll also be talking about some lesser known music that didn’t quite ‘make it’, but nevertheless struck a powerful chord with some because they record a truer version of history the victors would prefer we forget.
We’re going to be joined by Tim Trepanier, singer-songwriter and travelling troubadour from the prairie lands of Canada. Lead singer and guitarist for folk band Relic, we might even convince Tim to play a couple of his tunes for us live on air!
Join us this Sunday February 16th from 8-10pm EST (11am-1pm PST / 8-10pm CET) as we reel in the years with a jig and tune.
QUESTION OF THE NIGHT: WHAT IS THE BLACK COMMUNITY TO DO IN ORDER TO BE PROTECTED IN AMERICA
Tonight’s episode is dedicated to all the blacks in the community who have ever been treated unfairly with undeserved outcomes. We’re discussing what we need to do to better this country for our future generation. The pressure is rising and it is up to us, today, to make a difference. Don’t think for a second that because of your lack of education or age that you don’t have a voice. Ignorance is bliss, however being ignorant shouldn’t give you the right to be oblivious to what’s going on around you. President Obama said, "There's no excuse for violence," which I somewhat agree with. However, when violence is bestowed upon us in the form of tear gas, and hateful chants from the people who are supposed to ‘protect and serve’, what do you expect us to do? Sit down and take it? Or use the same force that’s been used against us for years & fight back? We should show resilience in dealing with difficult situations as such. That being said, I offer up my opinion as to what we could possibly do to make a difference:
Educate our children of our history and how to be a positive leader in today’s society.
Protest against discriminating corporations & their businesses.
Donate our money & time to create outreach programs to further support our children in reaching their dreams & goals.
Continue to fight & stop assuming because it’s out of sight that we must put it out of mind.
We can’t believe that we will be accepted by all, however, we need to accept ourselves and demand that things be changed so we can progress.
Protest and resistance have been grassroots tools that communities use to create systemic change. Today, protests in education are demanding common-sense approaches to education and education reform. Students, parents and families, teachers are banding together in cities across the country in protest of, among other things, school discipline policies and practices, teacher evaluation rubrics, and standardized tests.
My guest, Jesse Hagopian, is a history teacher at Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington. Jesse recently organized his fellow teachers at Garfield and other Seattle schools and refused to administer the state standardized test, the MAP (Measures of Academic Progress). This boycott has led to several other local efforts to resist the national push to test public-school students, rather than provide meaningful, teacher-developed assessment. Jesse will talk to us about the MAP boycott and about how it fits in the larger picture of resistance and protest in education.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and non-profit organizations to create education equity plans and promote equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
On March 2nd, 2008, Jamiel Shaw the 2nd (17 yrs. young), was executed three doors from his home! Jamiel was executed by an illegal alien gangbanger, negligently released from jail on March 1, 2008. Jamiel's Mother was serving in Iraq at the time. Jamiel's Mother is currently serving in Fort Hood and preparing to return to Afghanistan. The illegal alien killer was sentenced to death row in November, 2012.
On Tonight's broadcast, Jamiel Shaw Sr., will talk about the Execution of his Son (17 yrs young) Jamiel Shaw, II http://www.isupportjamielslaw.com/, #JamielsLaw - Deporting illegal alien gangs out of the City of Angels tinyurl.com/ld4f26f. Jamiel will talk to Paul Arnold, One of the Organizers of the 2 Day, "National Days of Protesting Immigration Reform/Amnesty & Border Surge" on July 18 & 19, 2014 http://tinyurl.com/lhf9k3l; Jamiel will also talk about the Overpass Protest he & his family hosted at the bridge where Jamiel Shaw II, crossed just minutes before he was executed tinyurl.com/oeuz2oq & http://jamielshawsblog.blogspot.com/; Jamiel will take calls from Americans & Legal Immigrants who attended one of the National Days of Protesting Immigration Reform/Amnesty & Border Surge; Plus Much More! If you can, tune in.
BlackSwanRadio On You Tube
Pennsylvania Black Swan Radio covers News, Current Events, Politics, and many other topics. Our approach: Cut through the noise and agendas. Broadcasting at 1:00 AM. Call in with your comments. (Send Questions and Opinions To: DURK00@gmail.com. Disclaimer: The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed in this broadcast do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the host, co-host or any sponsors. Pennsylvania Black Swan Radio is a PG 13 rated show, that may or may not include strong language. No portion in part or in it's entirety may be used without the written permission from the host. Let's begin
This episode, I got a chance to chat with the guys from Pinata Protest about their musical influences, their upcoming tour, and their favorite things about their fans. Featuring their cover of Volver, Volver Copyright - Pinata Protest, Saustex Media. Special thanks to Faith Radle.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (73 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (43 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (28 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (25 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- The Portal (16 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (11 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (8 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Game Night (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (0 chatters)