SORT BY Relevancy
The Arizona Cardinals lost their second straight preseason game, falling at home to the San Diego Chargers on a last second field goal 22-19. The result isn't all that important, as it is still just the preseason. But hosts Jess Root and Seth Cox find plenty to talk about, as they go over the positives from the game and the issue that came up.
They talk about the offensive line and how it went from being a great strength to a line with only established NFL starter to start the season. Will Earl Watford be able to overtake Bradley Sowell at RT in Bobby Massie's absence? What about the battle between Logan Thomas and Phillip Sims for QB3?
All this and more on Revenge of the Birds Radio.
The Arizona Cardinals played their first preseason game on Saturday and lost. However, the starters did wonderfully. After that, it wasn't as good. Hosts Jess and Seth talk about the good things from the game, the players who stood out and who disappointed.
The Cardinals also officially added running back Chris Johnson. They discuss his impact and where he will fit on the team.
They also go over their predictions for the final 53-man roster, basing it on how the players performed in their first preseason game.
The Arizona Cardinals are in their secon full week of training camp. What are the big stories? Hosts Jess and Seth talk about them -- the injuries, the return of a former captain and a rumor of a running back. Can Lyle Sendlein win the starting center job again? What does that mean for other players? Michael Floyd will be out for a while with badly dislocated fingers. Who will step up? Will the team even miss him? And the Cardinals have offered Chris Johnson a contract. All that and more with NFL and Arizona Cardinals talk.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Ceremonial Herbs – Herbalist Cynthia Johnston, owner of MoonMaid Botanicals, discusses the different herbs used for various ceremonial and spiritual practices.
- Casa De Coronado Museum – Yvonne Peach nostalgic travel and household artifacts featured in the Casa de Coronado Museum in Yuma, Arizona
- Yuma Events & Activities – Hear about upcoming summer events and activities in Yuma with Rex Ijams – Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre, Chuck Heeman – Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez – City of Yuma Recreation Program Specialist, and Ronnie Ridgers – Desert Hills Golf Course.
- The Peanut Patch – Hear about the Fabulous Fan Fudge Club presented by The Peanut Patch in Yuma, AZ
- Medjool Dates – Summer Medjool Date treats with Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More in Yuma, AZ
Hosted by Debbie Coffey
Tonight's guest is Simone Netherlands, President of the Salt River Wild Horse Management Group (and founder of respect4horses), with an update on Forest Service plans to annihilate the Salt River wild horses in the Tonto National Forest near Mesa, Arizona. The Salt River Wild Horse Management Group submitted a 50 page proposal to the Forest Service for a humane and sustainable management protocol for the iconic wild horses. The Forest Service ignored this and planned to roundup the horses immediately. After much public outcry (and a lawsuit) the Forest Service at this point has (only) delayed the roundup. The fight to save the Salt River wild horses is NOT over. Simone will let us know what we can do to help.
Is it me, or did it seem like for a short while last season, the Arizona Cardinals were going to be the first team in NFL history to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium? Before Carson Palmer went down, I actually felt they had a real legitimate shot. His injury helped changed the entire NFC playoff picture. I also felt that if the Cardinals didn't get a top seed in the NFC playoffs, they would be 1-&-done...& they were. Despite that, I got a ton of mad respect for head coach Bruce Arians. He's been one of my favorite NFL coaches in recent years. The guy didn't have a whole lot to work w/ these past few seasons. Offensively, the Cards were ranked 24th overall last season. They played 4 quarterbacks, & 3 of them started at least 2 games. Despite having wide receivers Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Floyd, John Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., running backs Andre Ellington, there seemed to have been some chemistry issues. Obviously, you can blame the quarterback injuries on that but in the end, it does come down to coaching & despite all that, I felt Bruce Arians did a great job & truly deserved the coach of the year honors. The defense also ranked 24th in the league last year & I felt that was a huge problem. They played so strong at the start of the season. Injuries may have played a part in the team's decline down the stretch. When healthy, this team can compete w/ anyone. Hopefully, for their sakes (& for the sake of Bruce Arians), this team can stay healthy & win the NFC West. Can they? That is thee question. Tune in to another team coverage on "The Rocket Sports Breakdown" Thursday morning @ 10:30am. Rocket Nation, get ready for a power trip.
Linda Morgan, Executive Director of the Yuma Visitors Bureau chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith about what there is to see and do in Yuma, during the summer. Located in the southwest corner of Arizona, between Tucson and San Diego, Yuma is a popular summer destination that boasts water sports and activities on the Colorado River, numerous hiking and bicycle trails, bird watching, the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area, a historic downtown and historic sites such as the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park, Quartermasters Depot State Historic Park, and Historic Yuma Theater.
This interview originally aired on June 7, 2015, as part of Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays show, that broadcasted live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
Kyle Stewart put on a masterful performance over a dominant opponent in Raymond Pina to earn the vacant World Fighting Federation welterweight title last Saturday night.
He has cut his teeth as a United States Marine, and competing in a handful of combat arts as an amateur. He made his professional mixed martial arts debut in style finishing a game opponent in enemy territory.
The veteran of three tours in Afghanistan will join us live to discuss his victory and what is next for him as he looks to maintain his steamrolling momentum.
Thank you in advance to all who join us live or listen to our archived show, especially all you Arizona Combat Sports supporters and competitors.
It's been a while, but the show is back and better as ever! Football is just days away! Hosts Jess and Seth catch up the listeners on the latest with the Arizona Cardinals -- signings and and history. There is a woman coach! They discuss the impact and also the impact of and expectations for newly signed TE Jermaine Gresham.
After that, it is a preview of training camp, which starts August 31 and fans can see the first practice on August 1.
All eyes are on whom? What are the biggest position battles? What are the overstated stories? And then there will be hot takes -- what will be the surprises of camp?
in Pop Culture
If you're on the west coast you know the band called Luxxe. Described as Pop Folk Music straight from the desert heat they are seriously burnin' down the house on a stage somewhere nearly every night of the week. Once again we got lucky when they found Madame Perry on Twitter and shared a link to their music. When I produced a cable entertainment show I could predict which of my guests was going to be big. Luxxe is going to be big.
Get to know them here, listen to their smokin' hot tunes and put them on your playlists.
Band member roll call:
Seth Smades- Guitar, Vocals
Tracy Haddad- Bass
Nullin Hasan - Keys, Flute
Devon Quartullo- Drums
Theme music for Madame Perry's Salon, Miss E's Vacation, is written and performed by Denton Perry.
Follow on Twitter @lonewolfjenn and on Facebook.
Co-hosts Fred Altvater and Carlos Torres return after a week off, and will take The Weekend Backspin to recap the weekend action and zero in on Jason Day, who is supernova hot right now. After lapping the field at the Barclays Championship, he moved to first on the FedEx Cup and inches closer to No. 1 in the world.
Mark Croft, Long time PGA Professional in Yuma, Arizona and host of Desert Southwest Golf Show every Tuesday morning on KBLU Radio, will join them in a live round robin, on a merged VIG/Practice Range segment, to talk about diversity in golf.
Also on The Par-5 News presented by United Golf Network, they will talk about John Daly’s recent collapse, Martin Kaymer becoming a casualty of the FedEx Cup playoffs, Adam Scott sticking to the long putter, rules changes to the Presidents Cup, the Champions Tour canceled event in China and a unique 420 golf tournament.
Join Us Tomorrow!! We will be discussing Frenemies; Toxic Friendships and What's To Come For Real Talk!
Tune Into Real Talk With Rasheeda & Gaylene Tomorrow via BlogTalkRadio .com/realtalkrasheedangaylene airing at 12pm MST/3pm EST
#SUBSCRIBE! Youtube .com/user/RasheedaAndGaylene
~ ~ Follow Us Via Instagram: @gaylenesreviews @divasheeda
#LIKE Our Facebook Page Facebook .com/RasheedaAndGaylene
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (38 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- AJC Radio (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- America Matters Radio (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Papa CE (6 chatters)
- D Hour Show (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio Network (5 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (4 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (3 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio (3 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (3 chatters)
- E3 Radio (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (3 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- PWP Radio (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cubanarama (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (0 chatters)