SORT BY Relevancy
Over the past decade puberty has been showing up earlier in girls, and even earlier in African American girls.
Precocious puberty — the onset of signs of puberty before age 7 or 8 in girls and age 9 in boys can be physically and emotionally difficult for kids and can sometimes be the sign of an underlying health problem. On this episode we discuss precocious puberty in detail and look at the possible contributing variables as well as the effect it can have on young girls.
in Self Help
Puberty is difficult enough for an adolescent, but what is it like for a girl to have ADHD and start having her period? Yikes! In this episode of Attention Talk Radio, your host, ADHD and attention coach, Jeff Copper has a candid discussion with Zoe Kessler on her experience as a young teenager dealing with those challenges back when less was known in what seemed like the dark ages. If you’re a teenage girl or a parent, teacher, or relative of a teenager with ADD/ADHD who is going through puberty, this is a show you can’t miss. Attention Talk Radio is the leading site for self-help Internet radio shows focusing on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD), including managing symptoms of attention deficit disorder, adults with ADD, or adults who have children with ADHD.
Attention Talk Radio, hosted by attention coach Jeff Copper, is designed to help adults and children (particularly those diagnosed with or impacted by attention deficit disorder or its symptoms) in life or business who are stuck, overwhelmed, or frustrated. It will help adults and children get unstuck and moving forward by helping to open their minds and pay attention to what works. Jeff Copper is an ADHD coach. To learn more about Jeff go to www.digcoaching.com.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers herbal health questions and interviews a guest. Rachel Berman, RD, CD/N, is the Health Editor at About.com. She provides users with practical science-based information related to nutrition, weight loss and health. Ms. Berman has worked with various patient populations in the clinical setting for almost a decade and is passionate about helping people develop a healthier relationship with food. In addition, Ms. Berman is the author of Boosting Your Metabolism For Dummies and Mediterranean Diet For Dummies, published by Wiley in 2013.
This episode Q&A-includes:
• where did Susun begin her journey with herbs
• menopause is a hormonal change like puberty..
• cook your vegetables! cook kale for at least one hour..
• MEAL- meat eating animal lovers
• fall root preparations- dandelion, burdock, and yellow dock
• elderberry tincture for winter readiness..
• let your body acclimate to cold weather.
• at the very first sign of shingles use hypericum perforatum
• Aviva Romm has an excellent herbal book for parents treating children.
• if uterine fibroids are causing problems use vitex or saw palmetto tincture, investigate acupuncture, drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• red clover does not actually contain estrogen but phtosterols phytoestrogens..
in Self Help
There are more than a dozen books on underachieving boys, but most parents brave enough to lift one off a shelf are instantly intimidated by the footnotes, graphs, case studies, academia-speak, and remedies aimed almost entirely at educators and physicians. Largely left out of the discussion are parents of boys, who are most aware that their bright, eager sons hit an invisible barrier sometime around the fourth grade, after which they become disengaged, discouraged, and disaffected. By puberty, too many sons seem determined, through no fault of their own, to be slackers in school regardless of incentives or disciplinary measures. Our Chi For Yourself guest Cynthia Gill speaks to this phenomenon of “falling sons” both as a parent and educator. She has worked on innovative curricula development and served as an academic dean, while winning acclaim for her work in the classroom. Cynthia Gill is co-author (with Pam Withers) of Jump-Starting Boys: Help Your Reluctant Learner Find Success in School and Life.
Imagine an alien science where tissue, bone, nerves, and muscle are used like we use iron, wood, rubber and wire. Now imagine yourself held captive with hundreds of others by beings who wield this grisly technology as easily as we do hammer and saw; beings whose lineage can be traced through the morally hollow, parasitic branches of nature's evolutionary tree. What would you do to survive? Would you re-draw the boundaries of your own morality to stay alive? What would you compromise? How might you escape? This is the context of Natural Selection, the first of three volumes of the Dominant Species series of books.
Author, David Coy, had a lifetime love of science fiction and horror. He suspects it started in puberty since most obsessions do. He states, "I consider myself a sci-fi film Nazi. I’m sure I’ve seen every sci-fi movie ever made – certainly the vast majority of them. I can’t pass up even the worst of it. All those god-awful, black and white B flicks of the 40’s onward, with their outrageous and ham-handed themes of science vs. ignorance and good vs. evil, wrapped in whatever pseudo-scientific covering was popular that year, transfixed me, entertained me, and like the works pinched then stashed in my friend’s basement, made me think. When pivotal films like “Alien” and John Carpenter’s “The Thing” elevated sci-fi film up out of the gutter with all those glorious and expensive production values, I was im himmel."
We will be talking to David Coy about his love of science-fiction and how it has shaped what he has been writing. What does Natural Selection have to do with any of us?
Teenagers deal with a lot. Puberty and their changing bodies and emotions. Social hierarchies and dynamics that play out publicly through social media. Schools have to grapple with all that children bring with them. Despite our changing times, drugs and alcohol continue to be a temptation for many teens, and far too many teens succumb to addiction.
My guest, Rufus L. Brown, is the Director of Steps to Life, a transitional housing program in Indianapolis, Indiana. He has been counseling and supporting individuals caught in the dangerous web of substance abuse and addiction for many years, and he will talk to us about what educators and families can do to help their children who are addicted to drugs or alcohol.
Host, Allison R. Brown, is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates educational equity plans for schools and assists non-profit organizations to promote educational equity in their communities.
Do we become adults at 18? 21? Puberty? At Parenthood? When we work our first job? When we start wiping our own butt?
What is an adult?
What is a child? Other than someone under the age of legal consent and all of that. I mean we have legal designations for these things, trials, science experiments and other patterns for generalizing when one is an adult, but what if being an adult is a state of being? What if adult is not really a useful term given what we know about ourselves at this point in history?
Today I will be joined by my special guest Brian Shapiro as we discuss these things. What is an adult? What is free will? How does natural consequence play a role, and can you be an adult without free will?
It all plays into living Your Intended Life. These shows with Brian are always fun and entertaining. Feel free to call in and join us. Today, June 10th, on The Intended Life Radio.
When I say the word teenager what comes to mind? If you are like most people, the words rebellion, trouble, and stubborn come to mind. You might also think: drugs, crime, pregnancy, peer pressure, sex, puberty, driving, attitudes, relationships, irresponsible, and messy. Those about to go through the teen years might think: independence, first job, fun, sports, adventure, dating, invincible, and driving.
MICHELE SFAKIANOS, Registered Nurse, Life Skills Expert, Speaker and Author, joins host Michele Mattia at 2pmET to discuss changing the way adults see teenagers and her latest book, The 411 on Surviving Teenhood: Essential TIps for Parents: Teenage Tempatations, Teachable Moments; and More!. “We take our children through childhood, into teenhood, and then onto adulthood. Remember: if you go into the adventure together, you will come out of it together.”
If you would like to participate in the show, call the studio line at 714-333-3349, email Connect@MicheleMattia.com or post on Michele’s Life Design Facebook page.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (166 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (98 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (52 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (36 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (23 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (18 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (17 chatters)
- dtm wicked (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- KDCL Media (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Omega Man (13 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (12 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (9 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (9 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (9 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (8 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (8 chatters)
- SSRN (8 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (7 chatters)
- Barbara Barnett (7 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (6 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Ask Your Sheriff (5 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (5 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (5 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- First Love Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophetess Alicia Lee (4 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (4 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (3 chatters)
- bapnation (3 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (3 chatters)
- CandiXRandy (3 chatters)
- 3 Wise Women (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Inspired Words (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- 109 9 PEN Station (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (2 chatters)
- HIAC Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- The Foundation Team Network (1 chatters)
- Reader Tash (1 chatters)
- rrekcity (1 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (1 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Daily Maintenance (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- Apostolic Teaching (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CougarChat (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Mark T Jackson (1 chatters)
- Mew Review (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)