SORT BY Relevancy
For fans of Kay Thompson’s Eloise comes a brilliant parody updated for the tiny hipsters of Brooklyn, Austin, Portland, and beyond. Like its predecessor, ELLA by Mallory Kasdan and illustrated by Marcos Chin, tells the story of a spunky six year-old girl who lives in a hotel—but if you think you know the story, think again. Ella has a nanny called Manny. He has tattoos for sleeves and he might go in with some guys to buy a grilled cheese truck.
Mallory Kasdan is a writer and voice actor. She writes about parenting and culture and does voice-overs for television and radio.
Join Mallory and me on Tuesday, February 17, 10-11 A.M. CT US, as we discuss about ELLA, which was published by Viking Children’s Books in January of 2015.
Kim Kardashian is going to Saudi Arabia!
Rumors are circulating that she has accepted a longstanding invitation from a Saudi prince to spend an evening with him in exchange for $1 million.
An indecent proposal, perhaps?
Although a frequent visitor to glitzy Dubai, Kim's other trips to the region have not always gone well. In 2012, a trip to Bahrain to open a milkshake franchise sparked protests, with police firing tear gas to break up the demonstrations.
Let's just hope that Kim remembers to pack her abaya. We don't want her to violate the strict Saudi dress codes!
Meanwhile, the world continued to lurch from one ridiculous story to another:
* A surprise has been found in Queen Elizabeth's garden at Buckingham Palace: magic mushrooms!
* A Tokyo restaurant announced couples will not be welcome at the eatery on Christmas Eve because the sight of them would make single customers feel lonely.
* A Scottish police officer attempting to make an arrest on a farm had to call for backup due to his fear of cows.
* Authorities in New Zealand announced they seized a haul of imported moist towelettes that were found to be soaked in about a gallon of liquid meth.
* A pair of Egyptian men are highlighting the struggles of Cairo residents with a photo project featuring Spider-Man tackling everyday activities.
So with another Oscar season completed, Jason continues his annual tradition of taking stock of where the film industry is today, presenting his State of the Motion Picture address. Okay, it's not as formal as a State of the Union address, but tonight, he will talk about the film industry and where it's been this past year and where it's going, how people are watching movies, and so much more.
Nap Time Fairies by Jenifer Johnson. Illustrations by Barbara Morgan.
As a working mom of a small boy named Noah, Jenifer Johnson wanted to be there to see each smile, watch him grow and explore with him. She missed Noah every minute she was away, imagining him and his daily routines. So she invented "The Nap Fairies" and would tell her son this story during their times together. She imagined the Fairies making the journey for her and watching over him. During their times apart, she was sending him "love, laughter and my heart ever after." It was a natural next step to turn to her own mother Barbara Morgan, a gifted artist, when she decided to create this book. Both author and illustrator knew how children can grow anxious at bedtime and they wanted to give them a sense of comfort. Now Nap Time Fairies provides parents a lovely way of connecting with their children whenever they're apart-as well as when they're together. Nap Time Fairies is sure to become a favorite bedtime story for families everywhere.
Buy the book
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (28 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (19 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- AIM Central Texas (14 chatters)
- Rebelution Radio (12 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Our Common Ground (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Radio PI (2 chatters)
- Political Justice (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- TaylorPhillips (0 chatters)