SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Stepper mom, Ms AA, AA geek, True Believer, Koolaid drinking fool...all the names I once called myself. How was I brainwashed. Why did I stay after I was 13 stepped at ages 18 & 19? What cracked things open and how did I plan my escape. Is this a cult? Host Monica Richardson tells her story.
in Self Help
Our guest this evening is Lance Dodes, MD, author of The Sober Truth: Debunking the Bad Science Behind 12-Step Programs and the Rehab Industry. Dr. Dodes is a Training and Supervising analyst emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and recently retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Pope says about two percent of priests are pedophiles:
"Many of my collaborators who fight with me (against paedophilia) reassure me with reliable statistics that say that the level of paedophilia in the Church is at about two percent,"Francis was quoted as saying.
"This data should hearten me but I have to tell you that it does not hearten me at all. In fact, I think that it is very grave," he was quoted as saying.
The pope was quoted as saying that, while most paedophilia took place in family situations, "even we have this leprosy in our house".
in Self Help
GREETINGS, PEOPLE OF THE WORLD - WE ARE ANONYMOUS
There are many theories about us. That we’re anarchists, kids, crazy film-buffs that saw one too many superhero movies. The truth is, we are all these things. Anonymous is a symbol, like the flag a country flies. The flag is the symbol of the country. Our masks are our national identity. We are not Anonymous – we represent the ideals of Anonymous. Truth, freedom and the removal of censorship. Like any symbol, we affix it wherever we go, as you have seen from street protests.
We have no leaders, civilians or soldiers. We are all one. We run operations because that is what the group decides to do. We choose targets because that is what the people who represent the ideals of Anonymous want to fight for. The world is in trouble. We see it every day – war, poverty, murder. Every day we are bombarded with news and images, as we sit at home safe in the knowledge that we are powerless, that “better” minds are dealing with the situation.
But in cyberspace we are different. We helped free the people of Egypt. We helped fight against Israel as it attempted genocide. We exposed more than 50,000 paedophiles around the world. We fought the drug cartels. We have taken to the streets to fight for the rights you are letting slip through your fingers.
In today’s world we are seen as terrorists or at best dangerous anarchists. We’re called “cowards” and “posers” for hiding behind masks, but who is the real poser? We take away the face and leave only the message. Behind the mask we could be anyone, which is why we are judged by what we say and do, not who we are or what we have.
We exist without nationality, skin colour or religious bias. You wage wars, lie to us and try to make us believe it’s for our own good.
Yet we’re the criminals?
Meet your co-hosts, long-time friends, Chris and Jeff, as they discuss how they got to right now. Jeff, the one who just celebrated 14 years of sobriety, has been goint to AA since before he was in recovery. Chris, who'll soon celebrate 17 years, has never been to a meeting. This is the beginning of what we hope will be an insightful, inspirational, challenging and hopeful exploration of recovery in all its forms. On the Sincer Right Now Podcast we'll laugh about recovery (and addiction), we'll swear at addiction (and ourselves) and maybe…just maybe…on some future episode…we'll talk about that one time when we cried.
NOTE FOR BLOGTALK LISTENERS: This, and all episodes for the near future will be pre-recorded. Live shows with call-ins may happen down the road a bit.
Hear why this once Playboy Bunny is now a Sex Workers Anonymous member living in a small town in Florida working as a file clerk.
in Self Help
We have never before allowed in any recording equipment at any of our meetings. The reason is obvious - confidentiality is the key to our program's safety. If people couldn't trust that we would protect their identities they wouldn't come forward. But the members at this meeting said it was okay to be recorded because we've just been getting not only so many questions - but also so many misconceptions about us. Another reason why we never released a recording before is because each meeting and each group is so different. There's not two groups nor ever two meetings the same. We have large meetings held in churches, coffee houses, parks, treatment centers, clinics, and conference rooms as well as jails and crisis centers. There are large and small meetings. Some people prefer to be more private so they have "coffee" meetings where two or more just get together at a coffee shop. Others are either so remote or they are so careful about who sees their face - they prefer to stick with our "phone" meetings which are held at regular times weekly where members call in from all over the world. Sometimes if the car breaks down or the weather is bad they come to the phone meetings. This way they can call in even if they're at a payphone or a motel. Other meetings are done "one on one" by telephone, mail or in person. Some meetings even have more "concentrations" of groups - such as our West Hollywood meeting that tends to be mostly men or the jail meeting in Chicago for just transgenders. Meetings can be light and funny or dark and deep. But whatever the meetings are - they're part of our recovery program where the "therapeutic value of one helping is without parallel". This is just a window into our program where "empathy" is a tool for healing.
Our mission is to inform, inspire, and empower alcoholics anonymous sponsorship locally and internationally to be their very best --- both personally and spiritually. I would like to acknowledge Hamilton B and his tireless work in the recovery community and his work "Twelve Step Sponsorship How it works" a Hazelton publication and his permission to use what ever was needed to make possible my ongoing sponsorship workshop and Step study and this website. - See more at: http://rumradio.org/#sthash.ikn55NpK.dpuf
Dick B. interviews songwriter and muscian Heather Layne.
We'll be back next Sunday (07.27.14) with a full episode. We hope you'll find this candid, behind the scenes recording of Jeff and Chris after last week's show compelling and enlightening. Jeff talks about his reverence for AA and the Big Book, Chris talks about depression and how important, and effective, an SSRI ultimately was for him.
Intro: I Walked Alone (Instrumental) — YACHT
Outro: One Step (Instrumental) — YACHT
Both used under a CC license via the FMA
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (171 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (129 chatters)
- John Baptist (71 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (60 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- AlimBey (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (10 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (10 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (8 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- Aquaman (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (5 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (4 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- WWCRHost (3 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- 2 Black Girls And A Mic (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)