SORT BY Relevancy
Ceila Kibler of Funfit's Organically Grown Gym discusses fitness, nutrition & health and the benefits to kids by making them stronger, more balanced, more aware and focused. This helps kids to perform better in school and sleep better at night. Celia also will discuss how bringing back the basics of less electronics and more play will contribute to our families' health.
Celia Kibler is the founder of Funfit's Organically Grown Gym in Maryland. She is an Internationally recognized Expert in Childhood Obesity and has certifications in Personal Training, Sports Nutrition, Radiant Child Yoga, and Laughter Yoga.
Celia is married and has 2 children, 3 step-children and 3 grandchildren. She has a passion for leading children on a path of a healthy & fun life. www.oggym.com
What’s driving our national obsession with anti-bullying legislation? At least 44 states have anti-bullying laws on the books and six of those, including New Jersey and Massachusetts, have language that specifically mention “cyber bullying.”
Dr. Susan Porter, a former teacher, school counselor, and currently school administrator at a high school in Marin, California, says we are overusing the “bully” label by including almost any conflict among kids--from being unfriendly and social exclusion, to name-calling.
On this episode, Dr. Porter, author of BULLY NATION: Why America’s Approach to Childhood Aggression is Bad for Everyone, will discuss:
-Why anti-bullying policies don’t work: intensifying hostilities, hurting children’s emotional development, and often turning parents against one another.
-How schools and parents can respond to these conflicts rather than react, and when to intervene
-Why the definition of "Bully" has expanded over the past two decades
-How Columbine has fueled our national fear of childhood aggression
Dr. Susan Eva Porter has worked in schools for over two decades. Her primary focus is on establishing and supporting healthy school environments, working with adults to effect positive change within school systems, and supporting students and their parents.
After working for years as an educator and school counselor, Sue is now a Dean of Students at a high school in Marin County, CA.
in Self Help
We all have our ideas of what LOVE looks like.
Have you ever stopped to think what it looks like to you? Do you take what you can get in relationships? Do you even love you? Many of our preconceived ideas were formed by our relationships with our parents...some are dysfunctional and misconstrued. We must ALL re-evaluate what love looks like so we can be sure to not settle for leftovers or whatever others choose to give us. To receive w
mike and kaycee welcome kaycee's parents live in studio as this week's special guests! will kaycee's parents make you laugh till you cry? will kaycee find out she was adopted? it could really go either way! you'll have to listen to find out!
“Why teens hide their sex lives from their parents” (October 15th 2013 @ 9pm EST, 8pm CST, or 6pm PST)...(Call in to listen LIVE, ask a question or to interject @ (760)259-2345...or listen in “LIVE” from our website @ www.healingheartsradio.com (and then click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” under the show topic)….(Or listen to any of our past shows on our website).
Join author JD Messinger as we explore how to help ourselves, and in doing so help our children, create purpose and meaning in their lives.
Award-winning innovator, visionary and author JD Messinger has a beautifully simple message: Everyone must choose. JD says, "What we think, is our choice, despite the influence of friends, family and the media, so let’s choose to live by the values we know are right for us and for the world. It is time to consider the legacy we will leave behind us, and whether it is something we can be proud of." He has been married to Marianne Messinger for thirty years, and they are blessed with three children. The family is currently living in Texas.He is conversational in Mandarin Chinese, and in his free time Messinger enjoys all things adventurous such as fencing, scuba diving, hiking, and hosting talk radio. To find out more about JD, please go to www.JDMessinger.com.
Parents: Do You Have What You Need To Succeed? Does your community offer you the inspiration, information, and support that you need to be the person and the parent that you want to be? Join Christy Farr of Seeds and Weeds Coaching and Rebecca Thompson, MS, of The Consciously Parenting Project and I Heart Parenting as they explore the importance of a solid community and why so many of us don't yet have what is necessary to thrive.
Join us after the show. 712.432.3900 then 919085# until 2pm eastern
Join Host Live Chats
- African History Ntwk (38 chatters)
- R3belution Radio (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (17 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (14 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (14 chatters)
- Love Productions (13 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (12 chatters)
- Jay King Network (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Dave in the City (12 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (11 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (10 chatters)
- Attracting the Light (8 chatters)
- We Are Wrestling LIVE Break Down (8 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (8 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (7 chatters)
- Sack Heads Radio Show (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- The Neo Soul Show (6 chatters)
- The Pit Bull Advocate (6 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (6 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (5 chatters)
- Sh Moore (5 chatters)
- Sisters Real Talk (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- UCLA Football (4 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (4 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (4 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Price Entertainment (2 chatters)
- RHeart (2 chatters)
- Unseen World (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (2 chatters)
- Coachjeanna (1 chatters)
- DiggerDan (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Fli Music Radio (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- MoodSwings (1 chatters)
- Weekend Block (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Pilates Progressions Program (1 chatters)
- Tarra Jackson (1 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (1 chatters)
- Serena Speaks (0 chatters)