SORT BY Relevancy
Join us for the live EMS Paramedic radio show. Jim, Josh and Dave will bring their own topics and open the back of the ambulance doors so you can add your own to the jump bag.
The bag is as full as ever but we can jam some more in as always. This week:
OMG EMT <- Jim watched a few episodes - pleazzzzzzz.
In hospital time, EMS utilization and it's effects on patient care
Summertime, drownings and July 4th shenanigans.
Plus member questions and more.
As we celebrate this Veteran's Day weekend, we're going to have Scott Diel and The Paramedic Chronicles on our show talking about their hilarious web series.
We also encourage all Veterans to call in and give their stories while they were serving.
We're brought to you by EMS Manager. Visit emsmanager.net for your FREE trial of this outstanding, easy to use EMS employee scheduling and management software. Let them know you heard about EMS Manager on our show!
Join us for another fast paced episode of EMS discussion. This week we bring up the topic of trust in EMS. How do we develop trust with our patients, ED staff and our EMS partners? Each has its own approach and it's own value in how we do our jobs and how successful we are as EMS Professionals.
Listen live, call in toll free or chat with us during the show.
Don't forget to subscribe to us on Itunes using the tabs here on BTR and be sure to leave us a quick rating while you are there.
Sam Bradley has spent 30+ years as a paramedic. Although still doing firefighter training, disaster work and photography, she is also a multi-published freelance writer for EMS related journals, online publications and textbooks. Sam is doing the final edits on her novel, “Partners, Odyssey of the Phoenix”, and has just published three short stories.
Sam Bradley, BS EMT-P has been in EMS for 30+ years as a Paramedic, Clinical and Educational Services Coordinator, ER technician, regional educator, and ambulance company field supervisor. Her current role is QI consultant, educator and Infection Control Officer for the East Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and EMS Specialist for Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. She is also a practitioner and trainer in Critical Incident Skills Management.
Sam has taught Emergency Medical Technician Courses in the State Community College system for 30+ years, and has a part time vocation as a freelance writer for EMS related journals, online publications and textbooks.
Sam serves as a Medical Team Leader for the state Wildland Fire Medical Support Program through the California Disaster Medical Services Association. She is the CEO for a non-profit disaster organization, the Interstate Disaster Medical Services Cooperative and volunteers for the annual Urban Shield SWAT training event in Alameda County, California. She is a Board Director and Secretary for the Coalition for Tactical Medicine (CTM) and serves as a member of the Alameda/Contra Costa County Tactical Medical Advisory Committee (TMAC).
Sam has published a number of non-fiction works and an EMS related novel. She is very involved in social media and blogs, occasionally podcasts, and functions as a producer, director, writer and photographer for the First Responders Network and “Intervention” e-magazine.
Becoming a paramedic can be done via college or technical schools and can range from 6 months to two years. But what about those courses that offer paramedic training online?
Can this be a viable option? While not the optimal path to becoming a paramedic, there is one situation where this distance learning can be beneficial.
Join Jim and special guest Evan Feuer from Medic Training International as they discuss how to create paramedics overseas using US based training and standards.
This episode is sponsored by EMS Manager. Get a free trial of this great employee management software by visiting EMSManager.nethttp://emsmanager.net
Jesse grew up in a Christian home. His father was a Mennonite Pastor and Mother a nurse. He grew up with the knowledge of God but denied the power of God to change his life. This led to a desperate search for worth, which brought hardship as he embraced the comforts of the world. He completed college at Hesston Mennonite with an associate's degree in business. At 21 Jesse had been hired as a firefighter/paramedic, married Kara and bought their first house together. A year later their son was born followed by their daughter two years after that. Jesse was 26 when the power of God's love finally broke through his hard heart. Everything in his life began to change as he pursued God with passion and zeal. God began to direct Jesse through seasons of spiritual change, bringing encouragement and correction as He sought to mature him in the things of His heart. Jesse began to recognize that God wanted to be a part of his work life and began to see miracles as he ministered the love of God in the back of his ambulance ranging from the dead raised to self-hate being destroyed as the perfect love of God washed through. God began to show him that God wants to use ordinary people in extraordinary ways. It was Jesse's passion for others to know this, and the testimonies God had built in and through him, that led him to write Life Resurrected, Extraordinary Miracles through Ordinary People. Jesse's passion is to be like Jesus and continues to minister as led daily.
With the anniversary of 9/11 coming up Jim, Dave and Josh plan on talking a bit about the Memorial itself. Mainly how many feel it is designed to earn revenue more than anything else. That can be hard to argue with the high price of entry, t-shirt sales and offerings of statue of liberty miniatures.
Have you been to the Memorial? What do you think? Is it too costly and does the sale of tourist items lessen the meaning of this hallowed ground.
Please join us with your opinion, some 9/11 reflection and a few other EMS news items.
Join me this Sunday at 3pm Mountain Time for another FES Tidbits..... And another special guest. This time Jerrid Edgington Author of the "Racing the Reaper" series will be jolning the show.
Be sure and check out the first book in the Racing the Reaper series - "Racing the Reaper" (recently re-released). You'll want to stay in the Know for the re-release of book 2 "Racing the Reaper: Resuscitation" as well as the release of book 3 in the Racing the Reaper series
The chat room will be opened approximately 15 minutes before showtime and, as always, show notes (with a link to the archived show) will be available (usually by the next day) at http://www.festidbits.wordpress.com
Early in EMS education we are presented with the idea that "time" is a factor in much of what we do. Golden Hours, Platinum Ten Minutes, Time is Muscle etc.
While some of these can help us with our treatment and transport decisions, have you ever wondered or questioned if they are getting in the way of patient care?
As EMS providers we bring much of the Emergency Department to the patient. Even more so we are expected to provide certain levels of care to our patients prior to delivery to these ED's.
I am sure that you have been questioned or made to feel like less of a provider when you don't provide certain aspects of care. Even when it was due to trying to follow dictated "time" constraints that are expected and may have been in the patients better interest to transport rather than perform a skill prior to arrival at the ED.
So what do you think? Are these time markers valuable to us as providers or helpful?
Do we end up focusing too much on them and not on what is best for the patient?
Join us for this episode as we discuss this and other popular EMS topics. Call in Toll Free or come into the chat room to share your opinion.
Visit Jim at EMSSEO.com
Check out Josh over at WANTYNU.com and be sure to look up his newest EMS Tool - The PALM.
If you have been in EMS for any length of time you most likely have had the pleasure of the pucker factor. That call that gets you stressed before you even get there. EMS dispatch assignments such as pediatrics, major trauma or cardiac arrests. These calls and others like them put you into high alert mode and even higher stress mode.
This week we talk about this and other topics like Ebola and the truth about EMS providers and contact precautions. Join us for this discussion and listen to member questions like "What to do when your patient hates you?"
Check out some the best study and training resources with Jim over at EMSSEO.com and be sure to claim the absolute best oxygen wrench you will ever need produced by Josh at WANTYNU.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (149 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- Annahilation (23 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (19 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- MABIM (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The 720 Show (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- Odwirafo (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (7 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (6 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (6 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (6 chatters)
- Truf Bros (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Political T and T (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- DJ NIA BOOM (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Live with TLGriffin (1 chatters)
- New Colony Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Table Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)