SORT BY Relevancy
Join us for a month long tribute to one of Africa’s greatest revolutionaries, Kwame Toure, formerly known as Stokely Carmichael. Kwame Ture was born in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, on June 29, 1941. He emigrated to the United States at age 11 to Harlem, New York. Kwame Toure would go on to become one of the leading voices of the Civil Rights, Black Nationalists, and Pan-Africanists movements. Kwame Toure served as the chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) and Prime Minister of the Black Panther Party and a prominent advocate and organizer for Pan-Africanism.
Africa appears to be suffering from an overdose of solutions. Africans from various backgrounds and geographical locations are proposing their solution to Africa’s problems. Some Africans propose that the solution is to abandon foreign gods and religions and accept African traditional spiritual systems, others say the solution is to eat all natural foods, oppose homosexual behavior, etc. Just about any African today can propose a solution to Africa’s problems. However, the solution to Africa’s problems was cemented in 1945 in Manchester, United Kingdom at the 5th Pan-African Congress. Some of the greatest Africans minds of all time assembled and provided us with a simple solution to Africa's problems – Pan-Africanism. Tune in today, as we discuss if Pan-Africanism really is the only viable solution to Africa’s problems and the short-comings of other proposed solutions and how they contribute to the confusion.
Join The Gist of Freedom as we listen to Chapter 6, Music for Jesus Lyrics of Freedom and a lively discussion with Pan-Africanist Dr. Sidney and Pianki. Evangelical preaching had caused some whites to question the justness of slavery, but still more were all the more careful to censor what messages from the Bible slaves could hear. Born in 1800, Nat Turner was identified as a bright youth who developed a zeal for Scripture, though this did not prevent his masters from employing him merely as a common field hand. Turner also became a preacher to slaves from surrounding plantations and farms, preaching against slavery to his brethren but carefully keeping up the appearance of the respectful, dutiful slave to whites. Turner’s spirituality and reputation took on a mystical quality as an adult, and during this time he secretly began dreaming of revolution, believing God had specially chosen him to smite the institution of slavery. Because previous conspiracies had been discovered when members had informed on them, Turner developed his plans for revolt only among four trusted followers. He and his confederates struck on August 21, 1831, slaughtering white men, women, and children using axes and other ad hoc weapons.
"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it.
I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against.
I'm a human being
first and foremost, and as such
I'm for whoever and whaatever benefits
as a whole."
Listen to this special edition of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-Afriican News Wire, broadcasting live from the 'Detroit Marxism Conference: The Science Behind the Struggle.'
ARE THE MOORS & PAN AFRICANIST STANDING IN THE WAY OF BLACK EVOLUTION & IF SO THEN HOW? DID BLACK REVOLUTION HELP SO CALLED BLACK PEOPLE? ARE THESE IDEOLOGIES MATRIX STYLED SLAVE TEACHINGS? WHAT IS BLACK REVOLUTION? WHAT IS TRUE BLACK EVOLUTION? WHO IS FIT TO EVOLVE AND WHO IS NOT? FIND OUT TONIGHT AT 9PM EST ON STATE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (BLOGTALK) FEAT THE INTELLECTUAL NUBEN MENKARAYZZ/MFA, DON'T MISS IT
Listen to this special broadcast hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This program will feature reports on the ongoing rebellion in Ferguson, MO in response to the police killing of Michael Brown. In addition there will be a tribute to Marcus Garvey and a continuation of the recognition of Black August.
Listen to ths special edition of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This program continues our tribute to Black August with features on Nat Turner, Paul Robeson and Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (477 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (63 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (31 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (23 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (21 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (19 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (19 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (10 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (9 chatters)
- Ms Blue (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (8 chatters)
- WARRIORS IN CHRIST (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (6 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (6 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (5 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (3 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Do ChimeIn (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- Italian Tomatoes (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)