SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode of the The Paleo Transition Terry Shanahan discusses the challenges he sees people struggle with as they attempt to transition to a Palelo Diet. Also disucussed is how long the average person takes to make full transition to the Paleo diet. Finally, the best "first steps" in a trasition are discussed.
Nutritional consultant and Paleo Diet expert Terry Shanahan discusses how Paleolithic Nutrition gets phenomenal results for people. In particular, Terry discusses the current trends in Paleo Nutrition and how some have been so successful at changing their lives with this diet and lifestyle.
John is the author of the new book, The Paleo Manifesto, which is generating major buzz all across the internet. We haven’t really seen a paleo book like this before, and it is by one of the original cavemen in this whole modern paleo movement. Some of you may remember John’s appearance on The Colbert Report a few years back; well his book is finally here. I’m excited to have him on the show.
Liz’s book news (06:22)
21-Day Sugar Detox news (8:28)
Paleo Jerks (12:17)
Thinning Hair (29:28)
Adrenal fatigue (38:40)
Dry Aging Skin (48:32
NOTE: We will be uploading a re-recorded version of this episode very soon as we've heard from you that the sound was cutting out very significantly from Dr. Scott's audio. Thanks and we're sorry for the issues here! In this episode Diane and Dr. Scott Mills sit down to chat about ways to make the transition to a Paleo diet easier. I apologize that the sound quality early in the show was shaky - internet connectivity issues but I'm pretty sure it cleared up not too far in! We
1. Sugar, treats, and keeping your goals in mind - plus a quick note on vegan “meats” vs paleo treats
2. Overdosing on nuts! Nut flours, dried fruit.
3. Bacon, all the time. MOAR BACON.
4. Paleo Perfectionism
5. Living a DIET not a lifestyle - and what the lifestyle is, is a conscientious path of learning and moving towards health in a way that accounts for other aspects of health - stress relief, and DIGESTION
If you missed part 1, check it out (Episode #87) for these topics:
1. Bringing the wrong mind-set (diet vs. lifestyle)
2. Going low-carb…by accident
3. Carb-loading for your desk job
4. Hidden gluten (and vegetable oil) exposure
5. Calcium sources
6. Dairy decisions
1. Paleo Blogger Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo [1:55] 2. Nom Nom Paleo new cookbook and iPad app [5:41] 3. Graphic Design and Michelle’s “real world” job reconciliation [16:40] 4. Shift work: Sleep, clean eating, stress and balance. [21:24] 5. Empowering kids to paleo eating. [29:03] 6. School lunches [34:06] 7. Kids and homework [37:31] 8. Getting bone broth to gel [39:35] 9. Sous-vide, pressure cooking, and slow cooking. [41:53] 10. Time spent cooking [44:28] 11. Tips on cooking a brisket [49.13] 12. Rapid fire: books, coffee, alcohol, and TV. [53:44]
Today's episode was going to be a Q&A with some intro chat about a recent "President's Message" myth-busting piece that Sally Fallon wrote in the recent Wise Traditions Journal. Well, it ended up being an entire hour on the topic. The information written was specifically to address the following:
MYTH: THE WAPF DIET IS LIKE THE PALEO DIET
This article discusses the issues of avoiding saturated fat, eating lean meats, and the exclusion of other foods. Restricting what children eat is also a hot-topic in this article, as Sally feels a Paleo diet means too many "Nos" for children.
Trust us, you want to hear this episode.
1) About Arsy & how she found Paleo/Primal lifestyle 2) About Arsy's book, The Paleo Slow Cooker 3) Preparing for pregnancy with diet 4) Feeding baby & nutrition while nursing 5) What have you learned so far about being a mom with this lifestyle? 6) Breastfeeding & diet 7) Questions Arsy gets from others about Paleo motherhood
Topics:1. Do anchovies have the same health benefits as sardines? [20:11]2. Struggling with postpartum weight loss [23:23]3. Are middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks such a big deal? / Liz's fancy, grass-fed mattress [26:45]4. Candida and die-off symptoms [32:56]5. Egg-free, whey-free protein powder [35:24]6. Are all FODMAPs created equal? [39:13]7. Almond meal vs. blanched almond flour [42:20]8. Paleo wraps or bread [45:21]9. Refrigeration for meals and snacks on the go [49:52]10. Post-workout snacks or meals [54:37]
Join Host Live Chats
- East Anglian EDL Radio Show (18 chatters)
- Rainbow Psychics Radio (8 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (8 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- kingdomtalker (2 chatters)
- Liberty Never Sleeps (2 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (1 chatters)
- HumanSpirit Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Journey into Consciousness (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (1 chatters)
- Commala Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)