SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode of the The Paleo Transition Terry Shanahan discusses the challenges he sees people struggle with as they attempt to transition to a Palelo Diet. Also disucussed is how long the average person takes to make full transition to the Paleo diet. Finally, the best "first steps" in a trasition are discussed.
In this episode of The Paleo Transition Terry Shanahan discusses the specialized dietary supplement called Protandim. This is the first of a two part series. We had technical difficulties starting at minute 25:00 so listen to this episode up until then and then tune in to episode 0009 to hear the rest of the conversation.
Nutritional consultant and Paleo Diet expert Terry Shanahan discusses how Paleolithic Nutrition gets phenomenal results for people. In particular, Terry discusses the current trends in Paleo Nutrition and how some have been so successful at changing their lives with this diet and lifestyle.
Terry Shanahan continues to discuss the story behind the amazing supplement called Protandim. We pick up where we left on in the last episode where we had technical difficulties towards the end. Listen to episode 0008 first so that you have the first part of the conversation in mind before you listen to this episode.
Terry Shanahan interviews Bill Esch about kettle bell. Bill is the current US record holder and chamption in US Kettle Bell sport competition. They will discuss how to implement Kettle Bell training into your workout and different elements of functional training.
1. What’s new for you from Diane & Liz [3:02]
2. Shout Out: Cindy Sexton [9.43]
3. This week in the Paleosphere: Artificial sweeteners and gut bacteria [11:26]
4. Guest Interview: Caitlin and Nabil of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking [16:03]
Introducing Caitlin [17:04]
Introducing Nabil [18:38]
The idea for the book [20:15]
Modifications of the recipes [24:33]
“Home cook” friendly recipes [33:15]
Mediterranean is not vegetarian [36:30]
Family style dinners [41:17]
5.Liz’s hair care tip of the week: Henna [47:54]
6.Diane’s Kitchen tip: blender versus food processor [53:32]
7.This week’s hashtag details: #BBRealitySelfie [56:52]
1. Introducing our guest, Juli Bauer [2:30]
2. Juli’s intro to paleo [7:21]
3. Juli as a competitive athlete [13:08]
4. Collaborating with George Bryant [21:54]
5. The process of creating recipes [24:18]
6. Juli’s thoughts on the controversy of paleo treats [28:48]
7. Juli’s kitchen tips and tricks [37:10]
8. Juli’s favorite recipe [41:32]
9. Juli’s advice for newbie food bloggers [43:20]
10. Rapid fire questions for Juli [52:03]
1. What’s new for you from Diane & Liz [5:27]
2. Shout Out: Scott Mills and his 2-Minute Fix [13:54]
3. This week in the Paleosphere: The Fermented Cod Liver Oil Debate [15:51]
4. Listener Questions:
Help with eating at college [28:00]
Doing everything right, and nothing is working; should I “Paleo harder”? [37:29]
What to eat after a stomach bug [48:51]
Sensitivity to yeast, avoid fermented foods? [1:00:40]
5. An interview from our sponsor, Vital Choice’s Randy Hartnell: Selenium and methyl mercury [1:02:43]
6. Liz’s skin care tip of the week: Winter skin care [1:04:36]
7. Diane’s Kitchen tip: Slow cooker applesauce [1:07:34]