SORT BY Relevancy
How would you feel if your family were a pawn in another’s plan to get rich?
Banks changed the tone of their advertising in the late 1990s. The subliminal message of the new slogans:
Spend beyond your means!
• “Live Richly” — said Citibank
• “What’s in your wallet?” — said Capital One
• “Is your mortgage squeezing your wallet? Squeeze back.” — said Bank of America
• Banks have an inherent incentive to give borrowers more credit than they are able to afford.
• This results in: – Interest charges – Late payment penalties – Overdraft fees
– Missed payments — resulting in higher APR%
Consumers want to get out of debt, but they need a plan.
Let's stop the cycle and build Americans a sound financial house.
Go to bitly.com/yourmoneyny and sign up for your copy of How Money Works,
that's bitly.com/yourmoneyny Also, This Thursday, August 7 is our next Money Workshop Securing Your Financial House, at the Point Cafe in Schenectady. 964 Heldeberg Ave. RSVP to email@example.com
See you next time.
Some institutions get more hate than they deserve. Most lawyers and police officers are just doing their jobs, and most businesses really are simply trying to make a profit. But banks ... well, banks make it really hard to defend them. They are the middleman in every transaction (you simply can't function in modern society keeping your cash in a coffee can buried in your yard). Banks exploit their positions in the shadiest ways imaginable. We take a moment to examine some of the perfectly legal ways these guys rip off unknowing Americans on a daily basis.
in Self Help
God, Money and Your Color Therapy Business
Presentor: Moira Bush
The relationship between our spiritual self that wants to serve humanity and the part of us that handles our money and ensures we survive is out of balance. How do we live and work doing what we love with colour therapy and, at the same time, earn the income that is needed to meet all our bills? What if we desire more than "just enough" to pay the bills? How can we shift from constantly creating poverty and living in debt, to creating financial freedom?
Moira has been running her colour business in overdraft for 10 years--at one point, she was £30,000 in debit with credit cards! During this talk, Moira (who is no longer in debt or overdraft) will share some of the steps she took, using spiritual principles to let go of a poverty mind-set and claim our God-given gift--prosperity consciousness!
Moira Bush was born in South Africa and immigrated to England in 2002, where she works as a Colour Mirrors business partner with founder Melissie Jolly. Moira is a colour psychologist, spiritual teacher, founder of the Silver Spheres Healing system and author of the Colour Mirrors Oracle Cards.
Overdraft protection is a financial product that has fans and foes. For our listeners who may be unfamiliar with the product, overdraft protection, or courtesy pay as it’s referred to by some credit unions, is a service that covers what is, in effect, a bad check.
Overdraft programs, if used correctly, help resolve consumers’ short-term financial problems, but it is not a loan.
If you’ve ever bounced a check, you know how expensive that can be. Most merchants will charge a non-sufficient fund fee upwards of $30 per incident. On top of that, the financial institution will also charge you the over drawn fee (or NSF).
With overdraft protection, transaction fees vary by institution, but typically range anywhere from $25-$35, saving consumers both the fee from merchants for an insufficient funds check and the NSF from the financial institution. For many people who get cash strapped by unforeseen expenses, the alternative to overdraft protection is predatory lenders.
Join host Dick Ensweiler and special guest Carolyn Jordan, senior vice president at Neighborhood Credit Union in Dallas, for this thought-provoking discussion about a product hailed by some as a lifesaver, and opposed by others. The duo will also get to the root of the issue, and that is financial literacy, or the lack thereof.
On this program: President Obama addresses income inequality, US economy grew in the 3rd quarter, 30th Anniversay of the Music Video Thiller, US shoppers off to the races, Regional Bank Settles Overdraft Issue for $2.5M, NBA Rookie saves his salary for 3 years, Google is Secretly Funding the Rightwing, this week in court and much more.
EspreeNet News Radio is the place where we cover current affairs, world and national news some good, some bad but all the news you need to know from an Independent perspective.
in Self Help
The Rights Radio Self Help Hour features outrageous bank overdraft fees. Consumers are being raked over the coals by overdraft rates and by the reordering of debits to increase fees.
Rights Radio financial guru Joe Stallard joins me is identifying ways to prevent or reduce these fees.
Jeff Andersen, regulatory counsel for TMG's sister company PolicyWorks, will share his insight into the most-likely movements to be made by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). With an eye on the next several years, he will talk through the signs that point to CFPB action in several different payment areas, including credit and debit cards, overdraft programs, prepaid cards and mobile payments.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (230 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (33 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (32 chatters)
- The Portal (29 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- in5d (12 chatters)
- Straitway (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (9 chatters)
- Living Astrology (9 chatters)
- Trek Talking (8 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (5 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (4 chatters)
- Random Rants (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- CWA Radio (3 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- RevBarbara (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Keep It Spicy Network (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)