SORT BY Relevancy
Dana Laake and her special guest Todd Nelson will discuss overcoming fatigue, depression, and anxiety through balancing neurotransmitters – brain chemicals that regulate energy, mood, and sleep.
Todd Nelson is a Naturopathic Doctor serving the Denver/Boulder area for over 33 years. In his clinical practice he integrates comprehensive holistic modalities including clinical nutrition, medical-grade dietary supplements, detoxification, functional medicine, herbal supplements, lifestyle counseling, stress mastery and corporate wellness.
Dr. Nelson is the co-author of three books, Arthritis Survival, Asthma Survival, and Headache Survival, and a contributing author to Dr. Robert Ivker’s Sinus Survival. He also helped develop an online, self-help Sinus Survival Tutorial Series for patients to learn more about the root causes of their recurring sinus symptoms.
in Self Help
UNDERSTANDING & OVERCOMING DEPRESSION with PAUL MORRIS
On this show I, your host will give the listeners a preview of the presentation I will be delivering at the Awaken Fair, this Saturday, April 25th at 1:15pm at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford CT. Find it @ www.awakenfair.com/stamford-4-25-15.html
On the show I will cover:
• What is depression?
• How do we get depression?
• How does it affect our lives?
• Why is there such a strong correlation between depression and suicide.
• How do we conquer it and eliminate it from our lives.
Depression tortured and killed my father and tormented me for many years as well, until I became an Emotional Healer and spent twenty years searching for and finding the key that freed me from its dark and relentless grip.
in Self Help
For many, depression creeps in.as the Yuletide season draws near, Nearly 17 million American adults and 2 million teens live with major depression independent of the pressure of the Holiday season. Commercialization of Thanksgiving, Hanukah and Christmas,romanticizing of the “Happy Family” and the bombardment by the media of images of smiling families and friends can push some people over the edge. Stress and anxiety of the holiday season—especially during the months of November and December-cause some to experience loneliness and a lack of fulfillment which evolves into depression.
So what is to be done to prevent"Holiday-induced depression"? Consider that “depression” is the spiritual equivalent to cancer that grows from within and it changes thinking and sense of well-being slowly and nearly imperceptibly, metastasizing to all parts of our being. Therefore careful planning is necessary to build your immunityagainst "Depression".
Start now designing what makes you happy during the holiday season; don’t just go with the flow and don’t privatize your pain. If you hate office parties; Don’t go to office parties: schedule a movie date with yourself or with a friend instead. Schedule a visit to a senior citizen residence facility or an orphanage or a local school and provide light refreshments and come with your camera and take pictures of the residents to be presented as gifts to the residents. Make yourself a “gift” to someone… spend some time doing something you seldom take time to do.Do something that is pleasant and memorable for you; start a tradition and reflect on what “gift-giving” is meant to be.
special guest interview Mulan Benjamin aka Apostle Teresa Speaker to overcome.
1. Get outside. Our caveman friends saw lots of daylight; getting up at sunrise and going to sleep at sunset. Exposure to bright sunlight for 30 minutes a day either through sunlight or a light made for this, helps keep your internal clock set. T
2. Aerobic Exercise. 30 minutes at least 3 times a week means those ‘runner’s high’ endorphins get released regularly. It’s also a good way to work through and release stress.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids. 1,000 mg daily. Omega-3’s aid in the brain’s neuron connectivity. Enteric coated capsules help prevent burping the fishy tasting oil but you can also freeze thewhole grains), fish, free range meats, & vegetables and you’re good to go.
4. Sleep. Change your sleep routine so that it’s more conducive to a good night’s rest. Turn your lights down and go to bed at the same time everynight. . Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
5. Socialize. Remember the Amish farmer has his family and community to fall back on for support. There’s no reason you can’t too. Involve yourself with close friends and family.
6. Watch your thinking! Anti-rumination strategy is vital to breaking out of depression and other emotional ruts. Become aware of those times you dwell on the negatives in your life – both real or imagined – and stop them. It takes work and persistence but if you constantly tell yourself to ‘stop it’ you are building a positive habit that will change your life for the better. Whether it’s the jerk who cut you off in traffic or something a little closer to home, don’t give yourself the luxury of a negative thought.
Tune in to Mr. Brett A. Scudder special presentation on Overcoming Depression with Ms. Jamin Pierre. He will be looking at the human conditions of mental health and mental illness that creates life challenges for people. He will be talking with Ms. Pierre about her life challenges and struggles with depression and how she overcame it.
Please tune in to this dialog as we learn more about the lived experiences of someone living with and overcoming depression.
Please share and help to promote this effort.
"Overcoming Depression" By Eva Moniqueka Hardaway
We will be talking about how to overcome battles in the face of adversity, inspiration, overcoming and we will have an amazing guest, Kelly Grote talking about her upcoming poetry book that she is releasing after overcoming battles and difficulties. Our primary focus will be on how to tie inspiration into your daily lifestyle and into a goal or dream and how to continue to stay the course despite having to overcome roadblocks. We will be talking to Kelly about her upcoming book, its release, as well as how to preorder this amazing gem. I will be asking Kelly excellent questions about inspiration. I will also talk about this week's prints and our new developments on social media.
Depression affects 14.8 million people over the age of 18 in America, and as many as 1 in 12 of the U.S.'s teenagers. This week we take a look at this disease and effective ways to combat it. Depression does not have to rob anyone of life - let's look at ways to fight back. This week's episode features music by Myxx, Evanescence, Drake, and more.
Vanity Fair magazine featured an article on the untimely death by suicide of a beloved aesthetic industry icon, Dr. Fredric Brandt. While many have speculated about what caused such a renowned, successful and loved physician to take his own life, the truth will most likely never be known. One thing we do know is depression among medical professionals is higher than in most other industries, and according to Psychology Today magazine some physicians are even making career changes. Doctors enter the medical profession to treat unhealthy patients, however, whether it’s the long hours, the lack of gratitude, the low pay, or other life traumas including divorce, family stressors or non-existent personal life, many medical professionals are becoming unhealthy themselves. As Dr. Brandt is not the first aesthetic surgeon to commit suicide in recent years, the Aesthetic Insider Show brings you this exclusive interview with Carla Lundblade, MS LPC NCC, a Beverly Hills Licensed Clinical Therapist, in the hopes of shining a spotlight on this very serious issue. Known as the "911 Celebrity Therapist," Carla provides a full spectrum of focused psychology and counseling services. You can learn more at www.carlalundblade.com.
WHAT IS THE MENTALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE OF DEPRESSION? CAN DEPRESSION BE TRANSFERRED LIKE A DISEASE? HOW IS IT PASSED FROM PERSOPN TO PERSON? WHERE DID THIS START? HOW CAN IT BE STOPPED IN THE FUTURE? FIND OUT THE ANSWERS TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS TONIGHT AT 9PM ON FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (BLOGTALK) FEAT THE INTEL.NUBEN MENKARAYZZ/MFA
Join Host Live Chats
- BpEarthWatch (70 chatters)
- John Baptist (16 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (13 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- NatureofReality (6 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (5 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (5 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (5 chatters)
- Wilkinson 113 (5 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- Americas Deadly Sins (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- soul connection0 (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Yada (1 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Talk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)
- Sharon Sayler (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Fresh Start MMA (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)