SORT BY Relevancy
Today’s Topic: Public, Private, Online, or Homeschooled Education - Which is Best for Your Child? Our Mild Wednesday Show will discuss what parents or guardians believe are the best ways to educate their child or children. This show will discuss the differences and similarities in public, private, online, and homeschooled education. In addition, this show will discuss the budget issues with educating your child or children. Also, this show will give parents information on choosing the right educational path for their child or children.
Dr. Aikyna Finch will be joined by Dr. Darrell Norman Burrell, Faculty and Executive Coach, as he discusses "Empower Yourself Through Education" on Sunday Night's Changing Minds Online Show. Dr. Burrell has a extensive background in education and has helped countless others reach their educational goals. If you have been thinking about starting or returning to school, this is a call you don't want to miss. Call in to (949) 203-4763 at 9pm EST/ 8pm CST on 8/24 to join the conversation. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/changingmindsonline/2014/08/25/empower-yourself-through-education
Dr. Vance Burgess provides direct management and oversight of both the Academic Technology Center (ATC) and Division of Continuing Education (CE). Through collaboration with his colleagues, Vance develops strategies, procedures and resources to achieve Online Campus, ATC, and Continuing Education goals and objectives. Through ATC, Dr. Burgess leads faculty development of quality online curriculum and its effective implementation. He is also the primary point of contact for the UWF Online Campus and monitors all data for fully online student growth, retention, and support to improve satisfaction for UWF’s current online student population (30% UWF FTE; 22% UWF students are online-only).
Through the Academic Technology Center, Vance supervises faculty professional development in creating and teaching online or blended courses at UWF. ATC staff and faculty Quality Matters (QM) Scholars facilitate online courses in designing and teaching online that serve approximately 50 faculty members per semester. ATC also offers a searchable database of LMS procedures that is available to faculty on-demand. ATC also offers weekly “Elluminate @ Lunch” webinars, individual and departmental training sessions, and hosts day long mini-conferences three times per year to stimulate faculty development of quality online instruction.
Dr. Burgess also oversees the UWF Division of Continuing Education which attracts over 8500 students per year to their non-credit professional development and personal enrichments programs as well as several for-credit online certificate offerings.
We will explore the roll of binary systems in higher education.
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION WITH ACTE
A spotlight on Agricultural Education with ACTE Teacher of the Year Tara Berescik of Grahamsville NY & Sean Lynch of ACTE
Presented by PITSCO
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN MATH EDUCATION
Mind Research Institute sponsored a Math fair in Orange County CA that was attended by over 4,000 parents and students. Dr Matt Peterson, of MRI is our guest about all their continuing community outreach !
EDUCATION INDUSTRY: THE EDNET CONFERENCE
Conference Director Vicki Bigham with special guests Steve Hodas, Executive Director , Office of Innovation, NYC Dept. of Education and Robin Warner, Managing Director at DeSilva and Phillips, both EDNET presenters
www.ednetconference.com @ednetbiz #ednet14
Presented by MMS Education
We will meet weekly on Sundays at 5:00 pm (EST) for preaching & fellowship with Berean Bible Chapel Online Church members. We will have praise & worship time along with prayer time, also. Please join us in celebrating our risen Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, the Messiah.
Show will discuss Atlanta's prominence as a national leader in k-12 education. We will discuss the achievement gap in Atlanta, retention of good teachers, and the recent leadership changes in the Atlanta public school system. This episode will focus on various factors which are responsible for the system's success and failure, and key causes for the achievement gap in the greater Atlanta region in addition to sound strategy for providing opportunities for Atlanta youth.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (109 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- Yada (37 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (17 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- John Baptist (15 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (2 chatters)
- SpookHunters Radio (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- lushradioonline (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)