SORT BY Relevancy
What is Normal? Who decides what is normal? Young Media Critics …voices of the future will review the movie “Paranorman”.
Young Media Critic Ayana and Ms. Juanita will talk today about differences in people, that which is normal, natural or real to one person may be abnormal, unnatural and un-real for another. They will also talk about bullying, understanding actions of other. Do ghosts and ghoolies really exist? Can special people see them and speak to them?
Join us and voice your views about normal or abnomal on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5 p.m. (EST) on Blogtalkradio.com/youngmediacritics
Join me as I intereview returning guest, Norm Schriever on his new book, "South of Normal." It's a fun read, very well-written, and all true! You'll fall in love with his adventure! Check him out here.
We'll also get the chance to hear from Edie Weinstein( Bliss Mistress) who is a best selling author, transformational speaker & much more. Check her out!
Can't go without chatting with Carolyn O. either! She's our Sacramento Diva, Meeting and Event Planner and she rocks at it. Check her out.
Mitch McCabe is a Brooklyn-based documentary filmmaker who has been making films for over 15 years. Her newest project, Make Me Normal is not only a labor of love but covers a topic very dear to our hearts on Back2Us Radio.
MAKE ME NORMAL, explores the rise in diagnosis of mental disorders and the boom of psychiatric prescription drugs, all set against the release of the new controversial psychiatric guidelines of the DSM (nicknamed the “Psychiatry Bible”). With 1 in 3 Americans diagnosed with a mental disorder and 20% (and rising) on prescription drugs, the film asks, what happened to normal? This documentary covers a timely subject matter that affects us all!
Since July 2012, Mitch has traveled thousands of miles across America, filming the stories of regular Americans, families, key experts in the psychiatry field, wellness gurus and mental health policy makers. She's shot 70 hours of footage (and counting!).
The Make Me Normal project is in the last 8 days of their fundraising campaign. They have raised $13, 700 of their $50, 000 goal. Every dollar counts; and, no amount is too small.
Mental illness impacts all of us--whether we realize it or not. Please donate (http://bitly/igg/Make) today to give a voice to those who struggle daily with finding their normal.
We are going there!! Tune in on Sunday at 6:30PM ET!
Turn down for what????
Our first guests today are from the Heritage Summer Theatre Festival, Producing Artistic Director Bob Chapel and his two leading ladies staring in Next to Normal, Catherine Ogden who plays Diana aPaige Herschel plays daughter Natalie. http://www.virginia.edu/heritagetheatre/ Our 2nd guest today is O.G. Rose. O.G. Rose lives in Charlottesville, Virginia and graduated from the University of Virginia. Rose is interested in the distinction between dreams and visions, and with how irony occurs in a world where contradiction cannot exist and yet does. www.og-rose.com Facebook email@example.com Current Projects Digression(s) - A Novel Other Endeavors Frozen Glory Photography Facebook
Join Host Live Chats
- The Psychic Viewpoint (31 chatters)
- reactionariez (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- JUST US HEALING SPIRITUALLY (16 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (15 chatters)
- Jay King Network (14 chatters)
- Lou and Yana Pisano (14 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (11 chatters)
- i am free will (9 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (4 chatters)
- TheRightSideofThings (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (4 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Ancient Ways for Modern Times (3 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (3 chatters)
- vcubed (2 chatters)
- We Built That Network (2 chatters)
- THE BRYANT ORR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- Autistic People (2 chatters)
- HME Radio (2 chatters)
- BOOKS AND BOOKSHHH (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CrsRadio The Knowledge Station (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophetess Prov31Diamond (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- My Astrology Coach Radio (1 chatters)
- REAL TALK LIVE 216 (1 chatters)
- SpookHunters Radio (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)