SORT BY Relevancy
Nihilism from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical doctrine that suggests the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value. Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological or ontological/metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist.
Political nihilism, a branch of nihilism, follows the characteristic nihilist's rejection of non-rationalized or non-proven assertions; in this case the necessity of the most fundamental social and political structures, such as government, family, and law. An influential analysis of political nihilism is presented by Leo Strauss.
Weekly live webcast/podcast devoted to discussion of news and politics from the perspective of Ayn Rand's philosophy, Objectivism. Hosted by Amy Peikoff.
Today we'll discuss the unfortunately pervasive effects of nihilism seen in this week's news. From the destructiveness of Hamas and whoever shot down a Malaysian passenger plane this week, to our President's shameful response to the latter, and even to the structure of player contracts in basketball and the politicization of classic superheroes in comics. See Program Notes at www.dontletitgo.com for links to all the stories, etc., we plan to discuss.
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh answered questions on nihilism, radical honesty, poor effort in a terrible job, and more in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Question 1: What is philosophic nihilism?
Question 2: Should people be 'radically honest'?
Question 3: Is it wrong for a person to do less than his best at work?
Question 4: What is the purpose of exchanging gifts during the holidays?
To download or feed a high-quality version of this episode, plus show notes and other details, visit its archive page.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
This episode of Pneumatkos will explore the necessity of the biblical message. The world is in deep crisis. Wisdom has vanished and empty banal rhetoric has replaced truth. Manipulated viewpoint dominates the world, and the only one who offers sanity and wholeness is Theos. The world has played the game of Faust and sold its soul to the one who shatters souls. Biblical hope is founded upon the character of God.
What's shaking, folks! Welcome to another fact finding expedition commonly known as The Mid Week in Review, courtesy of Afronerd Radio. Setting your clocks for 7:30pm will enable you to listen to your hosts, Capt. Kirk and Dburt wax on the following issues: our thoughts on the latest installment of the reimagined sci-fi franchise, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (i.e. the racial underpinnings, the 50+ history dating back to the French novel, future sequels, etc) ; a rookie NJ police officer gets killed in an ambush and his killer's wife wishes he killed more cops; some Chicago activists are accusing President Obama of kowtowing to the Latin community regarding undocumented youth crossing the southern border versus addressing the Black victims of urban violence in the Windy City and lastly, a young woman of color has started a crowdfunding campaign requesting 135K in an effort to gain "White privilege" (really?....no campaign for ceasing urban violence or addressing regressive Black imagery?). You can call the hosts live at 646-915-9620.
The most important thing to remember during sex is that rhythm is a dancer. Although Corinne's a little rundown from all the mouse murdering she's been doing in her new digs and Krystyna's addiction to Sesame Chicken has reached new heights, the girls of Sorry About Last Night have rallied yet again to bring you answers to some of life's most harrowing questions such as the age-old TO SWALLOW...OR NOT TO SWALLOW? This week we meet freshly fucked JOE, a member of the Shaved Generation, who has been making out with Corinne since New Year's Eve 2012. Joe and Corinne share that special kind of disconnect that sits in only the numbest of hearts and Krystyna is only too happy to be the sole witness at the signing of their no-strings-attached friendly fuck treaty. TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE: 17-year-old sex, nose ring sex, jack hammer sex, holiday sex, lying to your mom FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, Hillary Rodham Clinton + that time Krystyna and Corinne HELD (not threw) a party. And, yes, Corinne now knows Nihilism isn't the religion where you can't kill stuff. That's Jainism. So spare her the condescending E-mails.
E-mail us at SorryAboutLastNightShow@gmail.com
Tweet the ladies @SryAboutLastNyt
Tweet Corinne @PhilanthropyGal
Tweet Krystyna @KrystynaHutch
Check out all of the Stand Up NY Labs podcasts at standupnylabs.com
This episode of Pneumatikos explores the necessity of objective moral absolutes in the post-modern world of digital ethics, and moral nihilism.
The cult of the self is hastening the demise of western culture. The biblical documents have the answer to a moral foundation that makes sense.
Join me for our first installment of "scary philosophies".
In the wake of Obamacare's early failures and deceits, James talks about how failure on its own will not teach people the impracticality of government intrusion. We conclude the Halloween seires with a presentation on nihilism in Libertarianism and how liberty is a positive goal rather than just the negation of government.
my guest on today's "A Book and a Chat " is another of thsoe authors I came across during "The Next Big Thing" blog hopping show I did.
Her new book "The Children of No One" has been described as Sadism, nihilism, poverty, wealth, screams, whimpers, sanity and madness collide in Nowhere, Indiana... with words like that looks like a very interesting show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (138 chatters)
- Channel Panel (74 chatters)
- John Baptist (72 chatters)
- in5d (71 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (67 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (23 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (14 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- thedean (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (5 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (3 chatters)
- No Turning Back (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Dr Fred (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- canadianglen (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (2 chatters)
- Chillz33 (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)