SORT BY Relevancy
Whether it’s white vs black, dark skinned vs light skinned, or petite vs heavy…The entertainment industry has put very strict restrictions on society’s definition of beauty. Tune into “Keeping it Real Fridays” on “The Dedan Tolbert Show” LIVE tonight at 9:00pm EST as we discuss Lupita Nyong’o being named People Magazine’s 2014 Most Beautiful Woman and how that will affect our own (the black community) pre set determinations about what’s beautiful and what’s not in regards to: weaves/wigs, tattoos, piercings, fashion do’s and don’ts etc. We’ll also be answering many of YOUR “Ask Dedan” Dating & Relationship Advice Questions and going over the results of this week’s Emotional Availability Pop Quiz. Feel free to call in LIVE with comments to 646 200 0366 or listen online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com... “REAL Radio that Matters”.
Join Nicky Dare continues discussing Survival and Empowerment, as well as her upcoming book "The Audacity of Authenticity"
Upcoming Workshops: December 19.
Still spots available.
First come first serve. Register today!
Open to Public. Location: Valencia, CA.
1-866-280-6888 Email: Radio@iDAREworld.com
Listen to The African History Network Show Tuesday, Sept. 16th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss “Nicki Minaj, Anaconda & The Marketing of Destruction To Our Youth”. Nicki Minaj’s new song “Anaconda” is one of the most popular songs on the radio and the video has been viewed over 140 million times in a little over 1 month. We’ll break down the lyrics and show how destructive this song is to our youth. If you are a parent you will not want to miss this show. It’s difficult to protect your children from what you don’t understand. (This is not a personal attack on Nicki Minaj. We are dealing with the lyrics and what the song promotes not her as a person). Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2014/09/17/nicki-minaj-anaconda-the-marketing-of-destruction-to-our-youth or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your questions at (914) 338-1375.
If you want to learn more about African History and African-American History to counteract the negative images we see of ourselves on the TEL-LIE-VISION (TV), please visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. We have information to Educate, Empower and Inspire people of African Descent throughout the Diaspora and around the world. We have a wide selection of African History and African American History DVD Lectures including "HIDDEN COLORS 1-3" and lectures from Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show.
Welcome to the Barbershop Podcast where our panel will discuss Black Entertainment, Culture, Sports, and Politics from a Young G's Perspective. Any topic that is fair game in the Barbershop is fair game in our shop.
In this episode our panel will discuss Iggy Azalea's Sext Tape, Nicki Minaj's Fake Booty, and Ray Rice's Elevator beating video.
All Walk-Ins are accepted. There's always a chair open.
Call in to the Barbershop Podcast 646.478.3476 to discuss whatever is on your mind.
Email Questions/Topics to PodcastBarbershop@gmail.com
Marion "B" Brooks
Justin "Dark Skinned Jermaine" Carter
Marques Carter the "Notorious" MJC
Black "JP" AKA Uncle Paulie
TJ "Tinsmatic" Whitney
Chad "Arizona Ron" Houston
Thursday 8 MAY 2014 1 PM PST 2 PM MST 3 PM CST 4 PM EST
Singer. Dancer. Actor. He has appeared in shows such as New Girl, See Dad Run and MTV's Happyland. Listen in as we chat with San Diegoan Nicky Redd and hear how he balances the arts with family and Life. Do you have questions for this rising star? Call them in at 646.929.0468.
in Pop Culture
The Shock Jock is back with the exclusives in entertainment music and pop culture
Topics Hot Off The Blok Celebrity news Fredro and C Tha God 10p-1015
Beyonce raps about the elevator fight 10-25-1035
Is Nicki Minaj The New Queen of Rap? or does that still belong to Lil Kim
Nicole Murphy dumps Michael Strahan or did she? 1045-1055p
Interview Guest of the night Model Timo Monroe 11pm-1115
who dumped who? Did Chris Dump Karrueche or did Karrueche dump chris
Did you miss our recent special on "Flawless: The REAL Definition of Beauty" on “The Dedan Tolbert Show” where we discussed: the hypocrisy of Beyonce and her effect on impressinable youg girls who struggle with self esteem issues, Nicky Minaj’s new ‘Anaconda’ video, the riots in Ferguson, Nick Cannon disrespecting his wife by publicly discussing their sex life, hypocrisy in the black church, tithing, and the results of last week’s Emotional Availability Pop Quizzes? If so, tune into a special rebroadcast tonight at 9:00pm EST by calling 646 200 0366 or listen online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com... “Real Radio that Matters”.
Come out and support TGP Blog Talk Radio on September the 11th at 6:30 est. This Thursday we have our new umbrella company CEO LaTrice Hodges-Allen in the building. We love for you all to give her a warm welcome to the family! So call in and ask questions, show love, and give support! All guest pls call in at 646-478-3061! See you all on Talk 2 Me Thursday! Miko Minaj
The long-awaited-by-some return of NY rapstress Remy Ma after serving a moderately long prison sentence, had the rap world buzzing, even if a bit premature, thanks to irrespnsible "reporting" by some of hip hop's loudest mouthpieces. Her return was punctuated by a quick freestyle assist by DJ Khaled, the inevitable "Is she going to do anything of value?" and "What does this mean for Nicki Minaj?" discussions.
The combination of all thes things lead us to tonight's initial topics:
1. Can Remy Ma make any headway in today's rap landscape?
2. Why do so many people who are praising her return, have to disparage current rap queen Nicki Minaj at the same time? What is it about the rap audience that has a problem with there being MULTIPLE successful artists at one time, particularly female?
3. But if we're going to compare, let's analyze the freestyle by Remy and the verse of Beyonce's Flawless remix that Nicki Minaj dropped almost simultaneously, and what both releases might mean to both artists.
4. (I'm sure we'll slip in some snark at the irresponsible "hip hop media" who once again, carry on as if spreading misinformation to millions of people ain't no big thing.)
5. As always, event reviews and previews and some new, noteworthy NY rap releases as well.
Join us live. Call in with your thoughts. We expect this to be a heated discussion, and we're looking forward to your input.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (58 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (55 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (14 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (9 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (7 chatters)
- The View from Montana (7 chatters)
- BTR2451 (5 chatters)
- NDB Media (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (4 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (4 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (4 chatters)
- HME Network (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- UCC Show (3 chatters)
- womenradio (3 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (2 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Disclosure Media Network (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Simply The Word (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Relationship Realities with Lady K (1 chatters)
- Donna Schmid Wise Woman Coach (1 chatters)
- knowurenemy (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Da 420 SHOW (1 chatters)
- BroBonner (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (0 chatters)
- The Kingdom of God or Nothing (0 chatters)