SORT BY Relevancy
The 2015 NBA Draft is officially in the books!
Kentucky Wildcats power forward Karl-Anthony Towns was selected first overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves. Towns joins a T-Wolves squad that boasts reigning NBA Rookie of the Year Andrew Wiggins and well-respected big man Kevin Garnett.
With the second overall pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Lakers selected Ohio State Buckeyes point guard D'Angelo Russell. Intrigued by Russell's "star" power and explosive offensive arsenal, the Lakers skipped on highly-coveted rim protector Jahlil Okafor in favour of drafting the Buckeyes' skilled floor general.
Unsurprisingly, the Philadelphia 76ers, bearing the third overall pick, subsequently selected the aforementioned Jahlil Okafor. The 19-year-old Duke University product joins a Sixers front court that includes two former first round picks in Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid.
First Round - Top 15 Selections:
1. Karl-Anthony Towns (MIN)
2. D'Angelo Russell (LAL)
3. Jahlil Okafor (PHI)
4. Kristaps Porzingis (NYK)
5. Mario Hezonja (ORL)
6. Willie Cauley-Stein (SAC)
7. Emmanuel Mudiay (DEN)
8. Stanley Johnson (DET)
9. Frank Kaminsky (CHA)
10. Justise Winslow (MIA)
11. Myles Turner (IND)
12. Trey Lyles (UTH)
13. Devin Booker (PHX)
14. Cameron Payne (OKC)
15. Kelly Oubre (ATL - Traded to WSH)
Join Daniele Franceschi as he breaks down the biggest moves from last night's draft.
The 2015 NBA Draft takes place tonight at 6 p.m. CST and the Minnesota Timberwolves own the No. 1 pick. Outside of a mirror image of Wiggins, the T-Wolves can practically draft whoever they desire. Rumors have Minnesota taking Karl-Anthony Towns, but why is he nearly the consensus number one overall player? Is Jahlil Okafor being overlooked?
I don't think the choice is that clear-cut, and I'll run through the latest mock draft from Chad Ford. I'll give my take on some of the guys I like, I don't like as much, and some sleepers to look for in the 20's and early second round.
The Golden State Warriors are the 2014-15 NBA champions!
On Tuesday night, Stephen Curry and the Dubs ended a 40-year championship drought, earning the Warriors' fourth NBA title in franchise history.
Andre Iguodala, who was inserted into the Warriors' starting lineup prior to Game Four of the series, claimed Finals MVP honours, posting averages of 16.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG and 4 APG.
*Sigh* The off-season is upon us... However, on a more positive note, the 2015 NBA Draft is less than a week away!
The Minnesota Timberwolves currently hold the first overall pick in next Thursday's draft.
A pair of highly touted big men headline this year's draft class. Will Karl-Anthony Towns be the first to hear his name called on draft day, or will Jahlil Okafor march onto the stage and have the honours of being the first draftee to pose for photos with commissioner Adam Silver?
Meanwhile, in the "Great White North", Canada Basketball's U16 Men's National Team returned home earlier this week after a successful trip to the U16 FIBA Americas in Argentina. The young Canucks finished second in the tournament, capturing a silver medal after being defeated by a star-studded United States squad in the Gold Medal Game.
Join the boys from NBA Live Talk every Friday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. EST, only on Blog Talk Radio!
Basketball Society's pregame huddle before Game 5 of the 2015 NBA Finals. Hosted by Martin Soaries, Ryan Kirk, and Cee Armel.
- What will be the nature of the Cavs' Game 5 adjustments after the Warriors made theirs in Game 4?
- How aggressive does LeBron James have to be in Game 5?
- Cavs vs. Warriors supporting players battle: Can Iguodala keep it up?
- Shaun Livingston/David Lee impacts for the Warriors
Episode 2 of Society Huddle is a pre-game chat for Game 2 of the 2015 NBA Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors. Basketball Society members Cyril Armel, Alex Fischbein, and Martin Soaries host.
- Who are the x-factors for Game 2?
- Are Shawn Marion and Mike Miller needed?
- Is this injury-depleted Cavs team comparable to the '07 team that went to the Finals?
This week's edition of NBA Live Talk marks our 100th episode on Blog Talk Radio!
We invite you to join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag, #NBALT100.
NBA Finals Update:
(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (2) Cleveland Cavaliers: 2-2
Game Five takes place on Sunday at Oracle Arena in Oakland.
-NBA Finals Cav vs Warriors
-AI drunk during rant??
-WNBA tip off
We love basketball, and we know you do too! Join us at our regular scheduled time as we will be hosting our very first NBA Draft Special. Our special guest will be Coach Bob Hill former coach for the Kansas Jayhawks, New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, as well as the San Antonio Spurs! Coach Hill has also taken his efforts to Taiwan where he was invited by Nike to help the men's basketball team as a consultant. Most recently, Coach Hill was the assistant coach of the Ukrainian national team at the 2014 FIBA World Cup. We are looking forward to chatting with Coach Hill, and we hope you are ready too. Remember Thursdays at 7PM CST! See you Thursday!
Facebook Like Page: Basketball Summit Exposure Camps
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (47 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (11 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (10 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (8 chatters)
- RampageRadio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (2 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (2 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- IMTM Worldwide Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- New Hope Radio (1 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)