SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for a special Big Blend Radio panel discussion on national parks, with guest representatives from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) including:
- John Garder - Director of Budget & Appropriations, Government Affairs
- Alan Spears - Director of Cultural Resources and Government Affairs
- Mark Wenzler - Mark Wenzler is the Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs
This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show! This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Born Free Foundation, discusses the outcome of the CITES 66th Meeting of the Standing Committee in Geneva.
- Mark Wenzler, Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses Southwestern Parks in Peril.
- Caeli Quinn – Co-founder of Climate Ride cycling and hiking challenges that raise awareness and support sustainability, active transportation, and environmental causes.
- Erin Hunt, Director of Operations at the California Wolf Center in Julian, CA discusses California wolves and Mexican Gray Wolf Recovery in the Southwest.
Plus, Hollywood History Nature Style, as recalled by Steve Schneickert.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, streaming live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Utah National Parks: Ann Whittaker - Content Manager of Utah.com, and Kathleen Gonder - Park Ranger, Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Philadelphia Flower Show: Sam Lemheney - PHS Chief of Shows & Events talks about the Show’s theme this year ‘Explore America: 100 Years of the National Park Service’
- Pinnacles National Park: Park Ranger Paul Lathrop talks about the spring wildflowers, birds and butterflies in America’s 59th National Park.
- From the Hood to the Woods: Phill Morris & Roy Beasley discuss Generation X Group’s 1st Annual Youth Excursion to Yosemite.
- Art in Parks: Tanya Orgeta, founder of National Parks Arts Foundation talks about their Artist-in-Residency Programs and Workshops.
From the Great American West to Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage, Isle Royale Wilderness to the National Parks of Hawaii, the National Parks Conservation Association’s (NPCA) small group travel program through Off The Beaten Path offers the best in educational travel to the National Parks.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for this Big Blend Radio interview with Ben Sander, NPCA’s Travel Program Manager. Ben discusses some of NPCA's upcoming national parktours including: Seasons of Yosemite, Joshua Tree and Death Valley, Deep in the Everglades, Splendor in the Smokies, North to Alaska, Grand Canyon Medley, America Samoa, and Big Secret Big Bend. Learn more about the 80 different trips scheduled for 2016 at www.NPCA.org/trips.
NSR Sports Radio provides a new and fresh, interactive online radio experience to the listeners. Join your host Coach P as we tackle the trending topics in football from youth to the pros. Today we discuss
-CTE and how it's discovery has changed the way we play the game
-Johnny Manzeil and his recent troubles
-Cam Newtons posture in defeat what can we learn from this
Special guest appearing Via the Life by Wisdom Hotline include:
Scott Swayne -HC Stonewall Jackson MS - Won 11 Championships in a row
In the NSR Baller Spotlight we have:
Denzel Blackwell (Youth)
The Imani School in Houston TX (Ath Grade RB/ATH)
2015 Platinum Star Award Candidate and
Derek Pitts (High School)
South Charleston HS, WV – Athlete - 11th
Coach David Riley, Speaker coordinator for the Glazier Clinic and founder of the unsigned senior showcase is here to answer your sports related questions in our “Ask the Duck” Segment. Youth football insider ... Coach Stednitz Josh is with with all the latest news in youth football. Coach Shoshana IZ Sportsmomonthego adds the perspective of the the sports mom in her "Sports Mom on the Go segment. Former NFL Quarterback Akili Smith and Coach Robby Preston rounds out the crew with the our "Air it Out segment. Coaches maker sure to have you note book ready for this segment !! For more information visit www.nsrfootball.com
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, that airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- The Committee - Best-selling author Terry E. Hill discusses his fourth novel ‘The Committee’, a beguiling tale that twirls Illuminati conspiracy, New Orleans voodoo, American politics and a subplot gay affair in a delicious twist of turbulence and turmoil.
- National Part for Stonewall – Chad Lord from the National Parks Conservation Association, talks about the campaign to preserve the area around Stonewall Inn in New York City, as the first LGBT-themed national park site.
- Colonel Charles Young – Dana Dierkes of Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, explains how Col. Charles Young, who was appointed acting superintendent of Sequoia and General Grant national parks in 1903, became the first black superintendent of a national park.
- Oysters for Valentine’s Day with Chef Jeremy Manley ‘San Diego’s Sustainable Chef’, Jeremy’s on the Hill California Style Bistro in Julian, CA.
- Love Potion cocktail recipe with mixologist Tyler Johnston, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill.
- Sweet Valentine’s Day Gifts & Treats in Yuma with Donna George of The Peanut Patch, and Debra Mansheim of Basket Creations & More.
Music with a Message with host Champale Parks
URIM7, a Jamaican gospel group from Kingston, Jamaica, declared Musical Ambassador of Caribbean American Heritage Month (CAHM) in June 2015 Washington D. C., as the First Gospel Band and the First Jamaican Band to be so named. This band is a unique team of singers and musicians, graduates of the Edna Manley School of Music, University of the West Indies (UWI) and University of Technology (UTECH) Jamaica. The band launched their debut album “The Assignment” in November of 2013. URIM7 has ministered all over the word and in addition to representing their island home, they have the distinct honor and pleasure of presenting music in a manner that brings joy, radiates light and with their distinct new sound. Tune in Thursday January 28, 2016 at 8:00pm to hear an exclusive interview URIM7.