SORT BY Relevancy
Raven: Changing the Course of HIV/AIDS One Life at a Time Sometimes God uses the most unlikely resources to help change a life. As this epidemic (HIV/AIDS) continues to devastate Black communities throughout the world, February 7th is the day where Black communities can mobilize to do something about HIV/AIDS in their community. In the fight against HIV/AIDS, I Am My Brother's Keeper.
Nikhol Jackson and her guest will discuss AIDS,what it is, how it is contracted and its prevention. We will talk with a special guest that is living with the disease to dispel myths and misconceptions and shed light on coming to a place of peace and healing after being diagnosed with it.
HIV N AIDS INFECTED AND AFFECTED FAMILIES
The church must see that the story of AIDS is not about epidemiology, economics, or statistics. Rather it is the story of pain, anguish, fear, and neglect.
Counseling is the second area of opportunity for the church to work with those infected with the HIV virus and AIDS. They and their families are in serious need.
In today's special edition of Conversations In Care, host Tami Neumann has the pleasure of speaking with playwright Agin Muhammad about National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness and how his new play Washington Heights addresses this important topic.
This dramatic play written by mental health professional Agin Mohammad addresses AIDS prevention in those over 50 and additional themes including single fathers and marriage.
Agin Muhammad will join Tami in Conversation about why he decided to write about this subject and the special accomplishments his play has achieved.
Special Production of Washington Heights - Saturday, September 21 at Kennedy King College in Chicago. Click here for tickets.
HIV has been an around for approximately 30 years. Without the proper precautions the infection rate continues to climb. Let's educate ourselves and our youth. Join us as we discuss The Virus, with an HIV activist who happens to be HIV Positive.
Catch us every Wednesday @ 9:30pm est.
Follow us on Twitter... @SheIsIncredible, @TheBlack_DrPhil, @AOITalkShow.
For Questions, Comments or Show Ideas Contact Us at TheArtOfIntimacyShow@gmail.com
Director Rohan Spong guests on SnowbizNow to discuss his documentary, ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING, as does Mimi Stern-Wolfe, one of the subjects of the documentary. When the HIV/AIDS epidemic swept through New York, and indeed the world, in the early 1980s, each were infected and were dead by the early 1990s. After these deaths, Mimi Stern-Wolfe devoted much of her life to The Benson AIDS Series, an annual concert of works by composers who were lost to HIV/AIDS, which she performs on World AIDS Day (December 1st).
Directed by Rohan Spong (whose first feature documentary, T IS FOR TEACHER was acclaimed by two Australian film reviewers as amongst "the best films of 2009"), ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING follows Mimi as she prepares for one such concert - a small but proud figure, gallantly rousing a remembrance in the shadow of bustling Manhattan. Check out Nicholas Snow's HIV Memoir, Life Positive: A Journey To The Center of My Heart, and visit his web site.
What is the status of HIV stigma in the Caribbean? Do myths and misconceptions still abound about the disease? Have there been any breakthroughs in terms of reversing the epidemic or a vaccination? How are things looking on the global front - are we fighting a losing battle or have we finally started to make headway against this disease? Does religion play a role in the assistance or hindrance of the fight against HIV?
Join Host Live Chats
- Yada (34 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (19 chatters)
- Omega Man (19 chatters)
- Red Fox Blogger with Kel (14 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (12 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (11 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Body of Christ (7 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (5 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (4 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (3 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (3 chatters)
- TRUradio (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Seek2Teach (2 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (2 chatters)
- BITEradio me (1 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Dariaanne (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 2 (1 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)