SORT BY Relevancy
In our third-ever podcast covering the world of mountaineering, we take on the topic of expedition mountaineering. Join us with a special guest to discuss the how's, what's and why's of expedition mountaineering, how it differs from alpine mountaineering and more.
Of the five major stratovolcanoes in the Cascade Range in the state of Washington, Glacier Peak is the most isolated. Despite being the fourth-tallest mountain in WA, Glacier Peak is a relatively unknown mountain, especially when compared to the likes of Mount Rainier and Mount Baker. In this episode of In Ice Axe We Trust, Chris and Matt delve into Glacier Peak with a Pacific Northwest mountaineer and touch on some other mountains out in WA.
The In Ice Axe We Trust (IIAWT) duo is back to talk Mount Shasta a third time with a very qualified special guest. This time around, the crew will tackle Shasta's well-known Casaval Ridge route and will also delve into other Northern California mountaineering topics.
The Wind River Range in western Wyoming includes more than 40 peaks that check in at 13,000 feet or taller, including the highest natural point in the state, Gannett Peak (13,804 ft.). In this edition of In Ice Axe We Trust (IIAWT), Chris and Matt talk with a mountaineer who recently teamed up with Big City Mountaineers for a charity climbing expedition in the Wind River Mountains.
World record-breaking skier and mountain climber Jan Reynolds, an award-winning photojournalist and author, recounts phenomenal experiences worldwide from her new book High-Altitude Woman: From Extreme Sports to Indigenous Cultures - Discovering the Power of the Feminine.
Often the only woman in expeditions on every livable continent, a medal-winner in the World Cup biathlon and the holder of several high-altitude skiing and mountain climbing records, Jan has opened the door for many of today's female extreme athletes. Through her own experiences and after observing diverse indigenous cultures, Jan is a passionate advocate of embracing the feminine strengths of compassion, mediation, cooperation and observation, traits accessible to both men and women.
Jan is one of America's best known spokespeople on mountaineering, appearing on ABC's Good Morning America, NBC's Today Show, NPR, three adventure films and other national programs. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, National Geographic, Vogue, People Magazine and Esquire. She has lectured at the National Geographic Society, the Sierra Club and universities worldwide. She is the author of several books, including the award-winning Vanishing Culture children's series.
Jan's web site: JanReynolds.com
Frontier Beyond Fear music copyrighted by Grammy award winner Larry Seyer, www.larryseyer.com, included in this podcast with his permission.
My passions are high altitude mountaineering, ultra-distance running, blue water sailing and adventure photography. I completed my first two ultra-marathons at age 54. I am blessed to be married to my best friend, Ann, a talented speaker, author and coach in her own right. In my more than two decades as managing partner of a law firm and now as Executive Director of Summit Success, LLC, I help people design the work and the lives they love so that they can enjoy more fun, freedom and fulfillment every day.
I wrote “Journeys On The Edge: Living a Life That Matters” to encourage folks to live out their most closely held dreams before the clock runs out. What will matter will be the experiences we have had, the relationships we have nurtured, the love that we have shared. What will matter is whether we have attended to the important rather than the urgent. What will matter is whether we have lived without regret. My mission is to inspire and empower you to achieve your highest potential, to live the life of your dreams. So join me in this place and let’s begin.
Our lives are journeys. They have a beginning, middle, and end. They are physical journeys, as well as journeys of the heart, and mind and soul. You can either live them deeply, as daring adventures or you can muddle through. When you muddle, you end up quietly dissatisfied. You feel squeezed by time and caught up in responsibilities; you feel as if you’re taking care of everyone else’s needs and not your own; you realize that you’re not living the life you we once imagined. How easily the years slip by. But there is another way: You can live with purpose, passion and possibility; you can enjoy fun freedom and fulfillment. You can have it all. You really can. I will show you how.
in Self Help
Is it possible to make a living out of your passion? Would you like to lead a meaningful life but aren’t sure how? Tune in to this fascinating conversation with author, speaker, teacher, adventure traveler, philanthropist, and leader Jeffrey Rasley. Jeff will talk about how his mountaineering trips to the Himalayas changed his outlook on life, and will provide insights on how to make a living doing what you love.
At the age of 55, Jeffrey Rasley left his successful law practice for more satisfying nonprofit endeavors. He’s the president of the Basa Village Foundation USA Inc., and serves on the board of five nonprofit corporations.
In addition to 40+ articles, he’s written seven books, three of which are about combining adventure travel with philanthropy and living a meaningful life. His most recent book is Pilgrimage: Sturgis to Wounded Knee and Back Home Again, a Memoir. An adventurer by nature, Jeff leads trekking-mountaineering expeditions in Nepal and has solo-kayaked around several Pacific island groups.
Visit Cloris’s blog: http://selfactualizedlife.blogspot.com and follow her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloriskylie
Hello Everyone! My name is Michelle Cornwell-Jordan your host, and Jamie B Musings my co-host is with me as well. Today we have the wonderful opportunity to speak with Paranormal Romance Author Ann Gimpel as part of her Bewitching Books Virtual Tour!
Ann Gimpel is a clinical psychologist, with a Jungian bent, who practices in a very isolated area high in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains. Her avocations include mountaineering, skiing, wilderness photography and, of course, writing. A lifelong aficionado of the unusual, she began writing speculative fiction a few years ago. For a complete list of Ann's short stories, novels and novella length fiction go to her website: http://www.anngimpel.com
Tonight, on a Draft Day edition of the Never Daunted Radio Network, we go ugly early with a quick recap of all the self-righteous indignation surrounding last night's MTV VMA's (Which at this point is more an oxymoron than ever). Then we plow right into the news with a report that measles outbreak has sickened 25 people in Texas, with most of the cases linked to a church led by the daughter of televangelist Kenneth Copeland. It's important to add that the outbreak is related to the church's belief that proper vaccination is responsible for autism, which is apparently less preferable to death.Next, need a reason to hate your job even more? The maker of Clif energy bars is one of a number of companies, that now offer workers sabbaticals. The practice, more common in academia, allows you to take a break from work after a given period, in order to recharge and hopefully return with innovative ideas and a renewed focus...or as I like to call it, "being treated like a human being."Later, Switzerland, long been for its mountaineering, chocolate and precision watches, but also legal prostitution since 1942, is taking customer service to new heights with the introduction of open wooden garages, popularly called "sex boxes" for drive-in customers. What'll they think of next?And finally, on tonight's edition of the Essentials, we celebrate what I believe could be the greatest album of all time: the soundtrack to Prince's Purple Rain. We'll share some cuts talk about how something so good can be used in a film so, so bad.All this and more, tonight on the Never Daunted Radio Network!
8:30 PM Eastern Time Zone Patrick's Tuesday Night Review with Jeff Rasley
Rasley is the author of seven books and has published numerous articles and photos in academic and mainstream periodicals, including Newsweek, Chicago Magazine, ABA Journal, Family Law Review, Pacific Magazine, Indy’s Child, The Journal of Communal Societies, The Chrysalis Reader, Faith & Fitness Magazine, Friends Journal, and Real Travel Adventures International Magazine.
Rasley has given serious and humorous interviews to many broadcast programs and provided programs for service clubs, community organizations, and churches. He is an avid outdoorsman and recreational athlete. He leads trekking-mountaineering expeditions in Nepal and has solo-kayaked around several Pacific island groups.
Kevin Sheridan at Lunch with DriveThruHR @KevinSheridan12 visits with @bryanwempen, @williamtincup & @thehrbuddy about what is keeping them up at night.
DriveThruHR was designed to be a captivating and easy-to-digest lunch discourse that covers topics relevant to HR professionals. Each 30-minute episode features a guest speaker who shares her or his knowledge and experience in human resources. Our hosts and special guest cover a wealth of topics, including HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR, every day at 12:00 pm Central Time. The radio program is hosted by @bryanwempen @williamtincup &@thehrbuddy - tune in for great HR conversations and follow us on the twitters at@drivethruhr and #dthr
in Self Help
LeAnne Parsons is The Walk Your Talk Coach, as well as the CEO of La Dolce Vita Coaching. LeAnne has given her life to the service of others. As a former Homeschool Mom, devoted warrior wife, an adoptee, faithful friend, Small business owner, and new nester, she has walked through this life, one step at a time. LeAnne understands the challenges, fears and insecurities that each one of us can face as we journey through the many seasons of life.
Imagine the possibilities if you were to start living the life that you have only imagined, or talked about.
LeAnne will be joined this week by:
Tim White! Tim hails from Northern California. He was raised as a farm worker and took the opportunity to join the US Navy at age 18. He “endured” 25 years of naval service as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician; finishing college and gaining a commission in the process. Tim is a veteran of multiple international conflicts including Afghanistan and Iraq. He retired from naval service in 2004 and took a job at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. Tim has participated and competed in a myriad of physical activities and events, from long distance swimming, triathlons, mountaineering, adventure racing, pack burro racing, and ultra-marathon running. Tim has three awesome children and lives in Los Alamos, NM with his wonderful wife Jan.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Channel Panel (64 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (56 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (46 chatters)
- The Portal (28 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (26 chatters)
- Rifleman (25 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- Omega Man (13 chatters)
- The Middle Men (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (12 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Move to Amend (8 chatters)
- Papa CE (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Tarhaka (6 chatters)
- allietheissshow (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (5 chatters)
- BITEradio me (5 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (5 chatters)
- LettesChat (5 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (5 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (5 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (4 chatters)
- SWBRA Radio (4 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (4 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (4 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (4 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (4 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Wisdom2Win (2 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Tribe Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (2 chatters)
- International Life Coach Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Jets Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Lardy Miss Clardy (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (2 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Class (2 chatters)
- Armand Dupuis (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Battlescene Radio (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (1 chatters)
- Cinema Royale (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (1 chatters)
- Misterie Luv Company (1 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (1 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (1 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kate Large (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- It Matters Radio (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop National Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The OWNED Project Live (0 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (0 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (0 chatters)