SORT BY Relevancy
SHARING THE STORY
Why is it so important for trauma and domestic violence victims to tell their stories? Are they just sharing cautionary tales, or does the telling make a difference?
It turns out that telling a trauma narrative does help with recovery for victims. Research also shows that sharing the story can also help minimize psychological effects that can follow. At least one organization recognizes this and has helped survivors with the telling in at least one special project.
Brian Pinero is the chief programs officer at the National Domestic Violence Hotline and its youth-focused program, loveisrespect. He’s going to talk with us about a project designed to facilitate survivors’ stories and the results of that project. Prior to joining The Hotline, he supervised youth shelter services, was an investigator at Child Protective Services and worked as a juvenile probation officer. Brian is a member of the National Advisory Board for Crisis Text Line and holds a master’s degree in social work from the University of Texas.
Join us Saturday as we explore the importance of telling the story and how we can do that effectively. Call-in to share how your story or that of others has helped you deal with life experiences. (646) 378-0430.
Live at 11 am Pacific time, or go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you like at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
careful structuring of my presentations that lead people to want to buy without having to resort to the high-pressure, cheesy sales tactics employed by so many platform salespeople.
(Don’t make the mistake of thinking what I’m going to share with you is just about platform selling. It applies to virtually all types of sales situations.)
Step #1: Preconditioning through commitment
You’ve probably been subjected to a platform salesperson asking you the most insane questions to elicit a positive response. For example, he jumps on stage and says, “How many of you want to make a lot of money?!!!”
Step #2: Setting up desire.
I want to sell people what they want. It’s a heck of a lot easier than trying to convince them they need something. The cool thing is you can create desire in your prospects in very subtle ways.
Step #3: The “recall” close
When I got to the part of the bootcamp where I made the actual product offering, I use the “commitments” the audience made in step #1 and the desire for the product I created in “step 2″ to compel many of the audience members to invest.
People who should listen to this show are entrepreneurs, career coaches
Beginning August 3, Marking Out in the Morning will begin as the world's first and only daily, morning, call-in, pro wrestling news podcast. Every morning, listen live as we discuss the latest wrestling news and quickly catch you up on anything you missed on television the night before. Since it's live, you'll be able to call in and give us your thoughts on the news and the wrestling industry in general. The number to call us is 657.383.1786.
A lot of trades have happened over the weekend and still have plenty of more to come untill the deadline on Friday. That'll be the first half of the show and the second half will focus on the release of ESPN's Colin Cowheard and WWE's Hulk Hogan. What did they say exactly and should their jobs have been taken away because of what they say. All that and more. Follow me on twitter @CSUGradAkirk and the blog for sports is akirksportsrecap.blogspot.com.
Episode 3 we have a panel of podcasting expert talk about what it takes to produce a successful podcast 7/29/15
Kinte @KinteF https://twitter.com/KinteF
Yardley Hickey @militant_marker https://twitter.com/militant_marker
Algie Lesia Stephens?
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (19 chatters)
- Straitway (19 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (12 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (12 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (11 chatters)
- Witch School (11 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (9 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (8 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- WARRIOR OUTREACH RADIO NETWORK (7 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (6 chatters)
- NeoSoulSistasKC (5 chatters)
- Destination Paranormal (5 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- SHILOAH (2 chatters)
- The Rebecca Juro Show (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- and now for something completely (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)