SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Beyond the Veil, we will have a very special guest Collette Flanagan! She is the founder of the Dallas organization Mothers Against Police Brutality, or MAPB. She has been touched very personally by police brutality and it has sprung her into action to fight back. We will discuss her organization, as well as the growing problem with police brutality both in the Dallas area and nationally.
The United States contains 5% of the world population, and yet houses 25% of the worlds incarcerated. Because of this we will also be looking into the Prison Industrial Complex and the impacts it has had on society.
And lastly, we will also present to you the Leak of the Week, courtesy of WikiLeaks!
The term "prison-industrial complex" (PIC) is used to attribute the rapid expansion of the US inmate population to the political influence of private prison companies and businesses that supply goods and services to government prison agencies. The term is derived from the "military-industrial complex" of the 1950s. Such groups include corporations that contract prison labor, construction companies, surveillance technology vendors, lawyers, and lobby groups that represent them. Activists[who?] have argued that the prison-industrial complex is perpetuating a flawed belief that imprisonment is an effective solution to social problems such as homelessness, unemployment, drug addiction, mental illness, and illiteracy.
The term 'prison industrial complex' has been used to describe a similar issue in other countries' prisons of expanding populations.
The promotion of prison-building as a job creator and the use of inmate labor are also cited as elements of the prison-industrial complex. The term often implies a network of actors who are motivated by making profit rather than solely by punishing or rehabilitating criminals or reducing crime rates. Proponents of this view, including civil rights organizations such as The Rutherford Institute and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), believe that the desire for monetary gain has led to the growth of the prison industry and the number of incarcerated individuals.
Military Mamas Show aired in Cincinnati, Ohio on live talk radio from 2008 to December 2013. They made the decision to transition to internet radio beginning January 2014,so that the host could broadcast from any where in the world and reach a broader listener base.
They are looking forward to being a part of the Blogtalk community!
At war 214 out of her 237 calendar years of existence. We never gone a decade without war. The only time without war was the isolationist period of the Great Depression from 1935 to 1940.
Eisenhower warned about the MIC:
"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction..."
"...In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Military Industrial Complex. The potential for the disasterous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist..."
"Only an alert and knowledgable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."
World Footprints is excited to share one of our new favorite cities --Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (despite our football rivalries). When most people who have never visited Pittsburgh think of the city, they may envision an industrial city filled with tall smoke stakes. In reality, Pittsburgh is a vibrant, colorful, modern and pristine city that is very welcoming.
The three rivers that meet at a point creates a flowing calming energy and provided the inspiration for Dutch artist Florentjn Hofman to select the city as her North American debut of his giant rubber duck. Today, we will give you a glimpse into this remarkable city as we explore Pittsburgh's rich history through attractions like the Senator John Heinz History Center, we'll walk through the streets of The Hill Districk and we'll relive Pittsburgh's industrial past as we tour the Carrie Blast Furnaces.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (96 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (22 chatters)
- Bellesprit (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- MABIM (11 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (10 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (10 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (10 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (5 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (5 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (3 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (2 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- 64621 (1 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (1 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)