SORT BY Relevancy
The reverberations from the Richmond County Grand Jury’s decision not to indict Daniel Pantaleo, of the NYPD, continue to be felt.
While protests on behalf of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, have been largely peaceful, if not very inconveniencing for New Yorkers, there have been sporadic instances of violence,
During a protest on the Brooklyn Bridge last Saturday, two men, both white, one a college professor, allegedly triggered a melee and assaulted police.
In the meantime, the events and reactions from that fateful day has caused tension between Mayor DiBlasio and the head of the Patrolman’s Benevolent Association, Patrick Lynch, who has accused the mayor of making remarks that are disrespectful of the police.
In fact, some of the NYPD have supported a pledge to disinvite the Mayor to their funerals.
On the international front, Barack Obama has decided to establish diplomatic and economic relations with Cuba, citing that the embargo, in place since 1961, has “not worked”.
Again, as expected, the reactions vary, with intense criticism from Sens. Marco Rubio Robert Menendez, both of whom are of Cuban heritage.
On the other hand, Jimmy Carter praised Obama’s “political courage”. Perhaps he sees this as a sort of redemption from the Mariel Boatlift?
I wonder out loud, what this means for black people economically, with an anticipated influx of Cubans to this country, just 90 miles away.
For those old enough to remember, this conjures memories of the Bay of Pigs (1961) and Cuban Missile Crisis (1962).
By the WAY, Obama says that black people are “better off” (HE said it, NOT me!)
So be prepared to discuss these pointed issues on the Critical Discourse University of the Blogosphere.
Mayor Ducey's guest will be Christie Winters of the Visitation Relief Center. They will be talking about the VRC, what the Center does and what is going on there during the holidays including the Tree of Hope, Christmas Tree Fundraiser, Winter Coat Drive and more. Listen live and call in to talk with Mayor Ducey and his guest.
With two police officers assasinated in New York can we now say the climate for such an insidious act was primed by Al Sharpton, Mayor DiBlassio, Atttornev General Holder And President Barack Obama? How is the church to respond? How is the Police to respond? How is the community activist to respond along with our elected officials?
The press conference today by Di Blassio and Branton had today was for the sole purpose of showing reconciliation and civility between the police and Mayor. Petitions are being circulated to have the Mayor resign at the current talley is 30,000. Can the Mayor survive this tragic event that has brought such a divide in the city with the police feeling betrayed.
Chicago police officer Frederick Collins believe he has a duty to bring fairness to the city of Chicago. Today he explains why he chose to run for Mayor. A resident of Chicago's west side, he has served on the police force for 21 years. He has been a member of the Local School Council, is active in the NAACP, and says he believes in putting people above politics. Can a police officer address issues of crime, violence, poverty, education and economic development? What does it really take to run a city?
Join Host Live Chats
- Witch School (30 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Daddy G (8 chatters)
- Holy Ghost Radioshow (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (7 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- MoodSwings (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- 65261 (4 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Champion Talk (1 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- Avid Reader Nation (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (0 chatters)