SORT BY Relevancy
Hello and welcome to ART Talk, a series of conversations with the artists and master craftsman that make our world a more beautiful place. What inspires them to create? What does it take to make it in the world of handmade? Today I'm joined by artist, mother, small business owner, master craftsman, jeweler and nature lover Dina Varano. A graduate of Rhode Island School of Design, Dina has had a presence in the Connecticut River Valley for nearly thirty years. After spending several formative years living and studying in Italy, Dina settled into her studio, nestled deep in the woods surrounding her home and retail space in Chester, Connecticut. At her shop, that fittingly carries her name, Dina displays her stunning collection of jewelry and artwork as well as a mindfully curated collection of the works from other artists. She continues to draw inspiration from the natural beauty at her doorstep.
“I am inspired by nature. I study and explore through drawing in charcoal. My goal is to capture this essence and gesture in metal. I want to show the mark of my hand in each piece and achieve a rhythm of grace and movement. My parents are dancers, at an early age I learned the grace of rhythm and movement which has become a formative influence in my work. I want my jewelry to inspire and welcome play with the wearer.” ~Dina Varano
ArtFairCalendar.com has just finished its 2nd annual "America's Best Art Fairs" survey and we announce the winners. This is the only national online survey of the country's juried art fairs and craft shows, designed to reward the festivals that create opportunities connecting artists and communities to celebrate the arts.
We asked our mailing list of over 50,000 art fair patrons what was the best art fair in the country and had an amazing nationwide response. Nearly 90% of the respondents completed the lengthy 20 question survey and the answers were both expected and intriguing.
Not surprisingly: people love to attend art fairs and many travel long distances to do so. The overall conclusion is: Art is Alive and Well in America and attendance at the nation's shows is proof of that.
Listen to find out what the Top 50 shows in the country are as voted on by the people who attend them and collect art. Find out which they have chosen as the best regional fairs, best urban fair, best small market show and the best cities for art fairs.
We'll share the survey answers on:
what makes a show "Best"
why people say they attend an art fair
how art fair goers find out about shows to attend
why they don't attend shows they used to love
how far they travel to art fairs
their suggestions for show organizers
Laura Berarducci from the Ann Arbor Convention & Visitors Bureau also reports on the economic impact of the Ann Arbor Art Fairs in that community.
The mission of ArtFairCalendar.com is to promote the unique American tradition of art fairs by showcasing the events where art collectors find hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind fine work for sale and encourage the interaction of client and creator.
Join host Tanya M. Dixon for another edition of ART Imitates LIFE Radio Show as the show celebrates its 1st Year Anniversary! We’ll flashback to various guests that have appeared on the show throughout the year such as songwriter, arranger, producer and artist ELLIS HALL—who will also be a special guest on the show! We’ll have “Hot Off the Press” and “Healthy Lifestyles” with the AIL Team and in the 2nd hour of the show we will highlight some of the controversial topics that have been featured in “The Living Room” segment.
Call us during the live show at (347) 945-7191!
Learn how (1) simple idea has become a movement!
Join ou host as he discusses the origin of the ART CRY and tells listeners how they can impact the lives of millions
Tune in: www.blogtalkradio.com/artcryradio
Call in: 347-205-9896
Order and Support: http://theartcry.blogspot.com/2014/11/now-taking-pre-orders.html
Hiya BBQ Fans! Let's just get to know what im about, and more important...what all of my friends have in common with me.,...FOOD!
I truly love to grill and cook just about anything, but I would not have learned anything if it wasnt for all of my friends (Fans?)
I always have wanted to do more with my business ideas, but I am physically and financially limted on how much i can do.
So....at least i can share my passion with the world, as it has now become a hobby for Grill Master Bruce!
Love you all! Grill Master Bruce Cohen
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (380 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (21 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (13 chatters)
- reactionariez (12 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (11 chatters)
- ALLFACTS IS BACK (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- CLUB HITZ (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Love Productions (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk 920 (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Beyond Abuse Radio (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)