SORT BY Relevancy
Miriam Knight interviews Mary Paterson. When Paterson’s mother died, she turned to yoga and meditation for solace. Years later, when her father died, she chose a forty-day retreat at Thich Nhat Hanh’s monastery in France to help herself heal. Her experiences led her to write 'The Monks and Me: How 40 Days in Thich Nhat Hanh’s French Monastery Guided Me Home,' published in 2012 in 12 countries. In her book she gives us an honest and insightful account of her stay, taking the reader on her inner journey, sharing her thoughts as she strived to live as mindfully as the nuns she was living with.
Born in Toronto, Canada, Mary is the Founder and Director of Toronto’s Lotus Yoga Centre and is certified to teach yoga and meditation internationally in the Kundalini and Hatha traditions. She has traveled extensively throughout India and Europe studying with renowned masters of various spiritual disciplines with a strong focus on Vipassana and Zen Buddhist meditation in the traditions of Thich Nhat Hanh and Roshi Joan Halifax.
Mary holds a Bachelor of Arts from Queens University and teaches writing at the School of Continuing Studies at The University of Toronto. Trained in classical ballet, Mary also performed professionally in theatre and film, producing works of poetry and dance with such luminaries as the singer, Jane Siberry and the internationally celebrated author, Michael Ondaatje.
Today we are excited to have Kerry Patterson in the Business Salon. Kerry Patterson is the four-time New York Times best-selling co-author of Influencer. We'll be talking with Kerry about key concepts in the book:
1. A new twist on the Serenity Prayer - "Accept the things you cannot change" – Kerry’s position is that everyone is an influencer and can influence change.
2. How do you actually identify the most vital behaviors to influence in a given situation? 3. In his opinion, what are 2 or 3 of the most vital behaviors to influence for women solo entrepreneurs, who typically sell professional services, to achieve sustainable success in business?
This is going to be a good one!
Join me and my special guest Cynthia A Patterson on Monday, September 16, 2013 at 7PM CST.
Elder Patterson will be speaking on "Walking in my Singleness"...AMEN
Cynthia A. Patterson is Founder and CEO of DOVE Empowerment Ministries. DOVE stands for Daughters of Virtue and Excellence. We look forward to meeting you on this call. You can call in or click the link and listen from your computer. The call in number is 718-508-9987. You can connect with the host, Clara Peters via facebook under my name, Women of Divine Distinction Ministry, Women of Divine Distinction Purpose Advisor (Life Coach) or Divine Diva Book Club. I look forward to connecting with you.
The Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation is a charitable organization that designs and funds sustainable development projects around the world. Through the generosity of our friends and supporters, we fund, operate and participate in a wide range of projects and offer the same opportunities to our donors and volunteersMany of our program ideas originate with individuals in Canada who wish to make a difference in the lives of less fortunate people around the world. The goal of all of our projects is to promote leadership, self-confidence and self-esteem through the alleviation of poverty and the promotion of health and education.Our goal is to transform lives globally by building strategic, value-based partnerships in support of sustainable proj
Come join Mary Barrett for an hour of fun and knowledge!
Mary is a Psychic Medium, Certified Master Hypnotist, Reiki Master, Life Coach and an NLP. She is also the author of Psychic Talk and Psychic Talk 2. Watch for her new book to be released soon! For more info on Mary, check her website@ www.marybarrett.org
Mary Michael Designs is making comfortable, breathable, and fashionable Performance Business Attire that is machine washable for women on the move. It is an innovative clothing line that is dedicated to bringing you comfortable business attire that is uniquely structured to provide confidence and style.
Join Host Live Chats
- AVoiceforMen (24 chatters)
- Seed2Cure (22 chatters)
- The Cosmic Citizen (15 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (12 chatters)
- PAPSITE RADIO (12 chatters)
- Foreclosure Fraud Survivors (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Susan Puzio (8 chatters)
- Get N The Know (8 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (4 chatters)
- WormholeRiders (4 chatters)
- The Don Smith Show (4 chatters)
- Mentorman (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- Ilumine Ao (2 chatters)
- INDIE REVIEW RADIO (2 chatters)
- History Guys (2 chatters)
- SITREP Radio (2 chatters)
- Rick Sterling (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Followers of the Way (1 chatters)
- Bucco Talk0 (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Cassies Cosmo Life Coach (1 chatters)
- Jamelle Sanders (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- MR Men of Righteousness (1 chatters)
- MyMothersSecrets (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)