SORT BY Relevancy
Marijuana legalization measures have been a mixed bag of good and bad for medical marijuana patients. With California most likely to have a legalization initiative on the ballot in 2016, legalization proponents want to work with medical marijuana patients to ensure that their rights are protected under any marijuana legalization initiatives that are on the ballot.
Dale Sky Jones is Director of the Coalition for Cannabis Policy Reform, a California based nonpartisan organization dedicated to ending marijuana prohibition through ballot initiatives, legislative collaboration and public education campaigns. As the shows first guest, Ms. Jones will provide information on the series of roundtable discussions being held in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego and Santa Ana on Jan. 30 and 31. Information on prospects for the 2016 initiatives and how patients can work together to make sure they do not have a negative impact is at the center of these community forums.
Students for Sensible Drug Policy at the University of California at Irvine are sponsoring a symposium on Saturday, Feb. 21 that will bring together experts from the legal, political, and judicial arenas, as well as civil rights activists, harm reduction workers, entrepreneurs, and full-time reform workers for an in-depth look at how U.S. drug policies have affected society, and what lies ahead on the horizon.
The show’s second guest is Lauren Ayn Mendelsohn, coordinator for SSDP at UCI who is also a J.D. Candidate, 2016. She will explain the ins and outs of this important symposium and reveal the names of the invited speakers and participants. Marijuana law reform is a key component of the reform process and Ms. Mendelsohn will provide information on how this is incorporated into the symposium’s presentations.
The Marijuana Policy Project has sponsored more successful medical marijuana and legalization initiatives than any other organization in the U.S.A. In 2016 they will be involved with legalization initiatives in Arizona, California, Maine and Nevada. Our first guest is Morgan Fox, Communications Manager for MPP providing insights into the planning and preparations being made in 2015 to insure the success of these marijuana legalization initiatives. With a successful track record at the ballot box unmatched by any other organization, Mr. Fox will lay out the plans for success and most importantly how you can participate with MPP to make the world safe for marijuana.
20 miles from the sprawling 29 Palms Marine Base and just 15 miles from the renowned Joshua Tree National Park, sits Yucca Valley a small desert town of 20,000. The town had “tolerated” one medical marijuana dispensary for three years but forced it to close in 2014. Our second guest is Jason Elassner who headed the successful campaign to place an initiative before voters allowing dispensaries to open. Having collected enough signatures to require a special election, Jason will divulge the backroom deals and expose the small town intrigues that are changing the political landscape.
It sure sounds like snake oil, but if marijuana can cure cancer maybe it can aid in the control of Ebola. David Allen M.D. takes a look at the latest scientific evidence that the cannabinoids in cannabis, particularly Cannabidiol (CBD), may offer control of the immune system and in turn provide protection from viral infections such as ebola.
The November 4 mid-term elections were a boon for marijuana advocates as much as they were for Republicans. Dale Gieringer, Executive Director of CalNORML and political analyst extraordinaire, will examine the legalization initiatives explaining how they will effect marijuana consumers, speculate on the fate of the Washington D.C. initiative with a Republican controlled congress, evaluate how supportive some of the newly elected members of congress will be and prognosticate on the future of legalization in the U.S.A.
The Family Law & Cannabis Alliance is a clearinghouse for local, state-based, and national information related to marijuana policy, child protective services (CPS), and family court. The Alliance’s Executive Director Sara Arnold provides an overview on the problems parents who are medical marijuana patients are facing and overcoming and how her organization works with local Children’s Protective Service agencies and other private and governmental organizations to keep families intact.
The 8th Annual San Francisco Patient’s Choice Medical Cannabis Cup was held the weekend of November 29th with patient judges awarding prizes for best cannabis in all its form - bud, concentrates and edibles. Cup organizer David Goldman will recount the highlights of the 2014 cup competition including a look at the entrants and how the judges decided on what was the best.
Today, I’m welcoming Dr. Mary Ann Block, back to the show to talk about the medical use of marijuana: how it impacts symptoms or diseases, how many states have legalized its use, the regulations they have around it, what their motivation would be to legalize/not legalize it, and more.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to manage “The Business of Life”. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, get connected, and be heard.
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Plaid FB: http://www.Facebook.com/PlaidforWomen
Plaid TW: http://www.twitter.com/plaidforwomen
CONTACT INFO FOR TODAY'S GUEST:
Mary Ann Block, DO, PA
The Block Center
1750 Norwood Drive
Hurst, TX 76054
OUTTRO MUSIC BY JACK T. BLUES
We're back with a new show! On this week's episode of Conundrum with Cougar and Slider, we will look into the possiblities of Near Death Experiences. From the ground breaking research of Raymond Moody to several which have followed, we'll explore the experiences of those who have been clinically dead and revived, only to tell of strange, thought-provoking and even proof of life after life. Join us this Thursday, January 29th at 5:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM Central and 10:00 PM UK for this interesting discussion!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (399 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (40 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (28 chatters)
- Straitway (26 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (25 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (25 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (20 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- in5d (15 chatters)
- The Portal (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (11 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (10 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- 65620 (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (4 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (4 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- Cins Chat Corner (3 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (3 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Kisha Morris (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The Torrey Allen Show (1 chatters)
- SALLYBLESSING (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- Splashhhh (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The LouddMouth Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (0 chatters)
- ATouchofReality (0 chatters)