SORT BY Relevancy
Bart Yasso of Runners World Magazine is on to share stories about running and to talk about his book, "The Runners World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training." Bart answers questions from the audience and talks about cross training, preparation for hilly marathons, common injuries, the Boston and NYC marathon, the Rolling Stone cover and much, much more. Enjoy.
I have participated in a few 5ks, a couple of mud runs and a 10 mile race in Austin,TX - but I have never fully committed to training for any of them. I love to run, but I have always been about half dedicated to it. Going into a new chapter in my life I decided that this would be the perfect time to discipline myself with all of my passions, using running as my daily foundation.
On this episode of Breathe Sexy Live, I will be discussing the importance of healthy habits, self love, focus and the power of discipline to reach lofty goals and dreams.
Jeff Nusser of CougCenter calls in to talk about his experience training for, and participating in, the Seattle Rock n' Roll half martahon.
Joe was part of the announcing team at the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon. It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles as more than 25,000 runners ran from the LA Dodgers Stadium to the seaside finish in Santa Monica. We'll take a short stop at the expo, talk with some old friends, a few vendors and the race officials from the San Francisco Marathon. Joe caught up the the CEO of the LA Marathon and spent 15 minutes talking about the event, the bright future of the LA Marathon and the Olympic Trials. At the end Joe shares some thoughts about what it's like to watch you finish a marathon.
An extremely insightful discussion with Dr. Robert Portman, Chairman of Pacific Health Labs. Anyone training to run a Half Marathon or beyond should listen to this show. Learn how nutrition, meal timing and feeding effect your ability to perform and recover.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
A beautiful day in one of America's favorite cities is the setting for this Rock 'n' Roll race. San Francisco plays host and Transamerica is the sponsor of this point to point half marathon. While at the expo, we visit with some locals who tell us what they love about San Francisco, plus we'll talk with some runners and vendors. Race day is early with the start line near the Pacific Ocean and the finish line at City Hall. Along the way we'll bump into some very tall women who are running, a guy who complains the "On Air" sign is too small, people running for a cause, the Michelob Ultra sponsor and a restaurant owner who doesn't want the show in his space. We also interview people just as they finish. Great stories.
We're off to the Surf City Marathon today. It's set in Huntington Beach, CA on the ocean on Super Bowl Sunday. More than 20,000 people come out for these events each year. This year we produced this show and filmed The Marathon Show for television. You'll hear Joe take you out on the race course and talk about the experience of filming a marathon for the show. Along the way you'll hear his Super Bowl prediction and meet some amazing people battling cancer. You'll also hear him looking for the person who dropped the "Go Jesus" sign, he'll talk to a woman walking walking backwards pulling a jogging stroller and some of the comedy involved in using runners, spectators and volunteers as actors in the show.
For his 12th birthday Colby Wentlandt asked his parents for a marathon. Since then he's run two 50 mile races, a 50k and three 100 mile races. He has yet to celebrate his 13th birthday. We visit with Colby and his mother to talk about what he's learned, how he trains, what his doctor says, the feedback they get from other runners and medical personnel, things he does for fun and what he's thinking about in the future. It's a fascinating look at a remarkable runner who happens to be 12 years old.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (126 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (34 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- Ms Blue (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (12 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (11 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (9 chatters)
- OPWR (8 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (8 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (6 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (5 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (5 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)