SORT BY Relevancy
Author Dr. Jason Karp is on to talk about his new book, "Running a Marathon for Dummies." It won't matter if you're just getting started or you've been at this a really long time. You'll find useful information in this interview. It's good to challenge your comfort zone and Jason talks about training, equipment, injury prevention and the state of marathon running. His opinion on the sport is edgy, it catches Joe off guard and the two trade opinions with respect to their points of view.
Join Richard Diaz and his guest, Coach Jenny Hadfield as they discuss an exotic running vacation: The Havana Cuba Half Marathon. Due to the US embargo, Cuba has been restricted for US travelers. This is a unique chance to visit and run on the forbidden Island of Cuba.
Few Americans have had the pleasure of visiting Cuba since we blocked trade with Cuba as far back as October of 1960 back. Through the efforts of InsightCuba, a non-profit travel organization specializing in legal people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, runners from the US can legally visit Cuba to participate in this event.
Every runner fears hitting the wall as they reach the 20 mile mark in a marathon. They also fear gastric distress if they consume too much or too little energy on the course. Listen as Richard Diaz and Vanessa Runs interview Anthony Almada, an expert in evidence based performance nutrition as he shares some exciting news of a product that has proven to pack energy back into the working muscles without the bloat commonly associated with typical sports drinks and gels and does it in a fraction of the time of other products on the market.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
The Running Shoe Industry does not design shoes that help us perform better and safer; they make shoes based on market research and fashion trends. Listen as Jay Dicharry PT and gait analyst helps us sort through the confusion of running shoe selection. The industry served up high heels, heavy cushioned shoes for nearly 30 years. They then did an about face and went minimalist to chase the trend. Now they have turned back to heavily cushioned shoes. Clearly we, they or both are sorely confused! Nothing could be worse for a marathon runner than to shift from one extreme to the other and back again. Jay Dicharry is one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field of running mechanics today. This is a great show for all runners to hear.
Do use "Running Rules" to guide your training and racing?
A popular article from Runners World Online outlines 25 "Running Rules" and in our feature topic of the day we explore some of these rules and add our comments.
The first Australian Running COnvention took place on September 6th and we went along to interview a sample of the exhibiotrs and check out the crowd.
The first week of September is time for our annual trip to the Ross Marathon in Tasmania, Australia and in this episode of the Partnerunning Show we report on the 2014 event.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The road ahead
Marathon Runners, are you confused, injured or simply ill-informed about running shoes? What’s best for you, minimal, zero drop, stability or motion control? Join us as we bring back Dr. Emily Splichal to de-mystify shoe selection for all types of runners.
There is so much marketing hype in the billion dollar shoe industry it is hard to sort the fact from fiction. Dr Emily is a world renowned podiatrist, educator and founder of The Evidence Based Fitness Academy. She has a lot to offer in the way of sound advice for runners, especially those who have been plagued with running injuries. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
On June 28th, 2014 Larisa Dannis ran the race of her life, placing 2nd overall female in The (grueling) Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run. She was declared the Dark Horse, the unexpected threat to win.
6 years ago she was overweight, out of shape, and feeling very much lost. Today, she says she’s a gal with hopes of qualifying to run in the 2016 Olympic Marathon Trials. Larisa set a personal best at The Boston Marathon this year finishing in 2:44:41, 33rd woman overall and first woman with a non-elite race bib!
In this feature episode of The Partnerunning Show we meet Paul Adams (aka @Paulsrunslong). Paul is well known to many of our listeners via his social media support for other runners and last weekend Paul ran the Adelaide Marathon. We thought it was a great opportunity to interview Paul, see how he went and learn all about the Adelaide Marathon.
First of all we put Paul to the test in the Partnerunning Dash and then:
Paul tells us all about the Adelaide Marathon and we discover why it is a great race to include on your schedule;
We learn about Paul's 3:21 run in the Adelaide Marathon as we conduct a quick review of Paul's race; and,
Paul shares his thoughts on social media for runners including some valuable tips.
You can find Paul on Twitter @Paulrunslong and on Instagram at @Paulrunslong
@Paulrunslong is a great supporter of The Partnerunning Show and it was wonderful to have him as our guest, thanks Paul.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The road ahead
The Half Marathon is the most popular running event in the world today. More runners participate in this distance than any other race. Join Richard Diaz as he discusses training for this event with Luke Humphrey, Author of Hansons Half Marathon Method.
Luke is the owner and head coach of the Hanson’s-Brooks Distance Project and 2 times Olympic Trial Qualifier and 5th place finisher at the San Diego Marathon with a time of 2:14:39. Listen as these two coaches share insights and theories on preparing for Americas favorite running distance.
This week on the show we have Ruben Sanca, a 5k runner turned marathoner. Ruben has been to the Olympics in the 5k this past cycle and looking forward he has his eyes set on Rio, this time in the marathon. Ruben trains in Lowell, MA and he has been racing in the Boston area since he was in high school. Rubens story is one that shows with hard work anything is possible. He will bring his knowledge, stories, and training tips to the show on Labor Day.
On the eve of The Boston Marathon, our guest Geoff Smith 2 X Winner reflects on past achievements as a World Class runner and the state of running today. What does The Boston Marathon mean to him, given the tragic attack on America’s most important Marathon?
Geoff Smith was the man to beat at all the major races back in the early 80’s, having been edged out by Rod Dixon at the New York Marathon in 1983 by a mere 8 seconds after leading the race for 26 miles. He won Boston handily in both 1984 and 1985, a true running legend with a lot to share. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (106 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (15 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (15 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- John Baptist (8 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (7 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- Dr Auset (2 chatters)
- canadianglen (2 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- BTR4367 (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- lakermike (0 chatters)