SORT BY Relevancy
Author Dr. Jason Karp is on to talk about his new book, "Running a Marathon for Dummies." It won't matter if you're just getting started or you've been at this a really long time. You'll find useful information in this interview. It's good to challenge your comfort zone and Jason talks about training, equipment, injury prevention and the state of marathon running. His opinion on the sport is edgy, it catches Joe off guard and the two trade opinions with respect to their points of view.
Running a Marathon is tough, when it takes 5 hours, even tougher. Richard Diaz shares tips with a runner who struggles to break the 5 hour barrier. Marathon Running Tips that focus on what to do and how to feed when the race takes longer than planned.
Look at any major Marathon and you’ll see that greater than half of the participants run within the 5 hour range. This may be because more and more people are meeting the challenge than ever before. Unfortunately, there is little information provided for these runners. Most of what is written on training focuses on runners who hope to run in the sub-4 hour finish time. One of our listeners asked that we address this problem and serve up some running tips. If you are running a marathon for the first time, or have struggled when you are beyond 20 miles, this show is for you!
Join Richard Diaz and his guest, Coach Jenny Hadfield as they discuss an exotic running vacation: The Havana Cuba Half Marathon. Due to the US embargo, Cuba has been restricted for US travelers. This is a unique chance to visit and run on the forbidden Island of Cuba.
Few Americans have had the pleasure of visiting Cuba since we blocked trade with Cuba as far back as October of 1960 back. Through the efforts of InsightCuba, a non-profit travel organization specializing in legal people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, runners from the US can legally visit Cuba to participate in this event.
Every runner fears hitting the wall as they reach the 20 mile mark in a marathon. They also fear gastric distress if they consume too much or too little energy on the course. Listen as Richard Diaz and Vanessa Runs interview Anthony Almada, an expert in evidence based performance nutrition as he shares some exciting news of a product that has proven to pack energy back into the working muscles without the bloat commonly associated with typical sports drinks and gels and does it in a fraction of the time of other products on the market.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
Will running keep you young? As we get older should we walk instead? Many people assume they need to quit running as they get older, fearful of causing injury. Is it healthier to walk and does walking spare our joints? Are you too old to run a marathon?
We’ll give you some insight into these questions and you’ll be surprised to learn the scientific facts. This is an interesting topic for anyone who is running over the age of 45 and has experienced running related injuries.
Many runners are afraid to change the way they run even though they are plagued with running injuries. Richard Diaz and guest Peter Faletto, PT, gait correction expert, explain how a runner would change the way they run to reduce injury and improve performance.
Both Richard and Peter are highly experienced in the practice of neuromuscular re-education through a very unique system of unweighting and passively correcting poor gait mechanics while in motion. Any runner who is engaged in marathon training, half marathon training or even high intensity sprint speed athletics should tune into this episode.
The Running Shoe Industry does not design shoes that help us perform better and safer; they make shoes based on market research and fashion trends. Listen as Jay Dicharry PT and gait analyst helps us sort through the confusion of running shoe selection. The industry served up high heels, heavy cushioned shoes for nearly 30 years. They then did an about face and went minimalist to chase the trend. Now they have turned back to heavily cushioned shoes. Clearly we, they or both are sorely confused! Nothing could be worse for a marathon runner than to shift from one extreme to the other and back again. Jay Dicharry is one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field of running mechanics today. This is a great show for all runners to hear.
Do use "Running Rules" to guide your training and racing?
A popular article from Runners World Online outlines 25 "Running Rules" and in our feature topic of the day we explore some of these rules and add our comments.
The first Australian Running COnvention took place on September 6th and we went along to interview a sample of the exhibiotrs and check out the crowd.
The first week of September is time for our annual trip to the Ross Marathon in Tasmania, Australia and in this episode of the Partnerunning Show we report on the 2014 event.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The road ahead
Have you every lost your running mojo?
Maybe a friend has complained of "lost running mojo"?
In this edition of the Partnerunning Show we look at the runners Mojo including:
What is runners mojo
How do you first experience runners mojo
Reasons you may loose your running mojo
How to regain your running Mojo
The 2014 Marysvile Marathon Festival is a unique event on the Australian Running Calendar. With events from 4km to 50k (including 10km, 21k and 42k) Marysville is a trail event but very attractive to road runners due to the surface and terrain.
Brett Saxon the race director is our guest on this weeks show as he takes us on a tour or the Marysville Marathon Festival.
Also on the show:
Over the sholder
The road ahead
An Interview with Dr Nicholas Romanov, author and creator of The Pose Method of Running. Dr Romanov is arguably one of the first running coaches to identify the importance of shifting to a Natural Running style to reduce injuries and improve performance.
Pose Running is named relative to the “Pose” position a runner creates as the initiate proper running technique which is describes as an “S” like body position with slightly bent knees with the driving leg lifting the foot under the hip. The matra is Pose-Fall-Pull. This technique allows gravity to act as the primary force of forward movement. Being that our show is named The Natural Running Network Live, this interview should make for a very interesting as well as informative for our audience.
During today's show, we will talk with Chris 'Gman' Giordanelli. On Saturday, December 13, 2014, this 50-year-old cyclist/multi sport athlete/runner broke the 50+ age group South Carolina state marathon record in a very fast 2:47 (the previous record, 2:50). We are going to speak with Chris and hear about his journey towards the record. What inspired Chris to go after this record? What were some of the ups and downs he experienced during his "marathon training camp?" After breaking this record, what's next on his radar?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (93 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (63 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (22 chatters)
- in5d (21 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (20 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (14 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (14 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (13 chatters)
- ALLFACTS IS BACK (13 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- reactionariez (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (7 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- RefJeremy (5 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (5 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Relationships360 (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (2 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (2 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- RokThaKonvo (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (0 chatters)